Sleep Number beds

Zachcod

Earning My Ears
What can anyone tell me about Sleep Number beds by Select Comfort stores at our mall? We are very interested in them but are stepical as well? Before we put out the money, as they are more expensive than a regular mattress/bedspring bed? We are looking at the P5 model/king size. They presently have them on sale with 3yr free financing.

Anything good or bad. Are they really worth the extra? Thanks

We bought one and never again!!!

I don't mind it but DH hates it. Also they make a point of promoting their 20 year warranty. We'll I'm not sure what that covers because after a little more than 2 years our pump went and it cost me over $150 to get a new one. Then I wrote asking how I could order a new topper because our dog had an oopsie on ours. They said you can't order just the topper you need to order the whole box and it was over $500.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE mine. As a matter of fact, we have two. We had one for awhile, and when we moved to a bigger house, we tried to figure out what to do for our spare room. THinking of sofa bed, etc. Then, we decided to upgrade our mattress and put the other in the spare room. Because it completely comes apart, we stored it, and got it out when we needed it. That mattress is the only reason I was able to sleep when I was pregnant. I love it.

What can anyone tell me about Sleep Number beds by Select Comfort stores at our mall? We are very interested in them but are stepical as well? Before we put out the money, as they are more expensive than a regular mattress/bedspring bed? We are looking at the P5 model/king size. They presently have them on sale with 3yr free financing.

Anything good or bad. Are they really worth the extra? Thanks

wow baby, they are crazy expensive. We went into the store a couple of days ago. they can run up to $7K

We didn't buy one and it's not looking good. :laughing: but it was super comfortable.

They do claim it's the last bed you will need so in the long run they may not be very expensive.

We bought a Sleep Number bed probably 10 years ago. We felt like it was a bait and switch. We told the salesman exactly what we wanted and when it was shipped we got something entirely different. I even mentioned to the salesman that the price in the store was so much better than what we could get online. He assured me that we were getting the same thing. So we had to pay more money and ship the first one back to get what we had originally ordered.

Our had two separate chambers so that we can each control our own settings. But it you roll over to the middle or want to get intimate - boy is it uncomfortable because the two sides are separated by a foam insert.

I will have to say that at least when we bought ours, it had an amazing warranty. The pump on ours went out and they replaced it completely free. And one time I washed the top cover in the washing machine, and the zipper got caught on something and got all torn up. I called and told them what I had done and wanted to order a new one, and they sent me one free of charge. Those were the only two issues we had with the bed.

We ended up taking it down about 3 years ago and putting it in storage.

I personally wouldn't spend money on one, but some people really love them.

Good luck with you decision.

DH and I LOVE:love: ours.

We got ours used from craigslist to try as a new one is so expensive. Well now that we have one we will definatly buy new for our next one if we ever have to buy one. This one is holding up great after so many years, so no need for a new one yet.

Oh DH said he is planning on getting one for our camper when we buy it.

I love ours and it is hard for me to sleep away from my own bed now. We had no problem with our warranty. The zipper broke and they replaced the whole top bedding at no charge.

We bought ours from QVC and the price was much better than I could ever get on-line or in the store.

My parents bought one...they hate it. I layed in it a few times, for a nap or just talking to my mom and I have to agree with her. It was WONDERFUL for the first 2-3 years, then after that, the settings are slower, they've had to get the remotes fixed 3 times in the past 4 years, it's been a fight every time. One time I laid in it for a nap and wanted to change the setting on my moms side and I pressed the button to make it 2 or 3 steps softer than she had it, and it just kept getting softer and softer and softer- the remote was jammed and went as soft as it could go, all I felt was the bottom of the mattress. So I tried pressing the remote button 'up' to make it more firm and it went ALL the way firm. My mom said that they'd experianced those problems REGULARLY!!!!

My mom had back problems and bad neck pain before they got the bed. 2 years it was better (after the bed was purchased)...now she is ticked that they got the bed. They're getting rid of it and getting a different type of bed.

My neighbor always complains about hers as well, although I don't know exactly what problems they have exactly...

My husband and I went to a nice resort for our anniversary last year that had a sleep number. WE HATED IT...had problems with it 'adjusting' on us when we didn't even press the button the first night. So, the resort switched our room. The next sleep number bed in our new room wasn't that great either. It wasn't HORRIBLE, but we were not impressed.

For the money that they cost, I don't believe that they are worth it. AND you really have to be careful with their so called 'warrenty' because it doesn't cover some things- and if you have problems with the faulty remote 7 years down the road, they'll fight you to replace it and try to charge you some INSANE amount PER remote to get you a new one (at least they TRIED to with my parents!!!)

I hated ours! DH liked it didn't love it. The good thing was we were able to sell the inside parts on Ebay and also the pump thing so we got some $ out of it. We now have a TempurPedic and LOVE it.

Ours is twelve years old and we love it. We'd gone through very good mattresses every few years before we bought the sleep number. Never had a warrenty issue with it. Occasionally we have to "reboot" our bed (unplug the pump).

I've slept on a Sleep Number for maybe 15-20 years. Had one from when I was a teenager (double or twin, I forget) and when I got married we got a queen size. DW does not like it so much, but I love it. She wants a soft bed, I want a very firm bed (I keep mine on 100, she keeps hers around 35...). It is about our only option.

We got ours about 5 years ago from QVC. We love it, and have had no problems at all. Well, sometimes it seems to go soft and I have to put the numbers back up on the remote. No big deal.

We bought one a year ago. I love it, my DH not so much. He thinks its a glorified waterbed and we both agree about the comment above....whenit's time to get close with one another, not so comfy. I used to wake up with terrible back stiffness and tailbone pain. That is totally gone.
I am a PT and have some 10% off coupons. If you would like one, send me a PM with your address.

They are horrible. So glad I talked my husband into the Tempurpedic almost 10 years ago! My in-laws got a select comfort bed a couple yrs after we purchased our Tempurpedic, and they have had nothing but problems. They wish they would have spent an extra few bucks and got the memory bed instead.

I once was on a business trip and stayed in a hotel that had a Sleep Number bed. Stayed there for three days and HATED it!

We have had ours for 5 years and love love it... The only problem with ours is be got a extended queen or olympic queen and its hard to find a bedroom suit in stores to accomidate the bed. So we have to keep it on a universal frame with all our new furniture. But we have had no problems with it at all. :cloud9:

We have one and I love it... DH not so much... like a pp, my # is 35, dh's 100 :thumbsup2

If you decide to purchase one, call the customer service number - they have refurbished beds for unbelievable prices - around $1k for a q/k set. They also sell overstock/previous year beds at that number. The drawback is no "30 night sleep guarantee" on the refurb beds.

We did have issues with mold on the chambers - the company replaced them at no charge to us. We have had (knock wood) NO other issues with the bed at all. Their customer service is wonderful.

FWIW, we tried a temperpedic topper on it once - it was so hot, we couldn't sleep on the foam.

About the warranty - it is 20 years, but only 100% for a first several years, then prorated coverage.

DH and I tried the temperpedic before we got the sleep number and hated it. We sweated like pigs every night cause the bed doesn't breath. It also provided no support and caused my back alot of pain. We got rid of that bed real fast and bought the sleep number.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter