sleep in the car?

I go on a weekend camping trip with my brothers every May & my 1 brother & his son always sleep in his SUV (although we are renting an RV this year). Totally doable. My brother really liked camping in his SUV, much easier to set up than a tent & much nicer if the weather turns bad (being in a tent in the rain sucks). You can easily fold down the rear seats & fit an air mattress in the back. You can even use the outlet in the car to power the pump to fill the mattress. My brother even found mesh screens that attach with magnets to the outside of the door windows so you can crack the windows at night to let some cool air in & keep the bugs out. 1 other tip, you can get a small portable fan the plugs into the lighter/power outlet to help move air & keep you cool at night. It won't pull enough power to drain the battery so you should be good to go. I agree with the idea of staying at a camp site. Cheap place to set up your car/camp & you have the advantages of bathroom, shower, security, store for coffee & snacks, Disney transportation & even a camp fire movie if you want to enjoy that.

Last edited:
To the OP... I appreciate your wonderful sense of adventure, and I wish you a very magical stay, no matter where you choose to sleep. My DH and I often travel all over the place and have slept in our vehicle on numerous occasions. We have however, never done this at Disney. An option that you may want to consider for future trips to anywhere is called couchsurfing. There is a website dedicated to this, and you may want to check it out!

As for the many rude and judgmental responses to the opening post, I can only say how disappointing it is to see someone being treated so harsh on the Dis (sigh).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter