Skyway - St Thomas

GOS

Livin' for Disney holidays with great friends
Hoping someone can help with these questions.

Eastern itinerary in October with a stop in St Thomas. Lots of Dis'ers taking the St John Trunk Bay excursion with Disney, and that gets us back by approx. 2.00pm. Some of us were thinking about taking the Skyway to Paradise Point.

The excursion price with DCL is $18, but the price at the ticket office is $21.

My questions are:

1) Is it worth it?
2) Should I pay for the DCL excursion or wait and purchase a ticket from the Skyway office.
3) Do I need to take a taxi or bus from the ship or can I walk it. Is this part of the deal with DCL - you must take a
4) How do I get my tickets from DCL?

Many thanks

Hoping someone can help with these questions.

Eastern itinerary in October with a stop in St Thomas. Lots of Dis'ers taking the St John Trunk Bay excursion with Disney, and that gets us back by approx. 2.00pm. Some of us were thinking about taking the Skyway to Paradise Point.

The excursion price with DCL is $18, but the price at the ticket office is $21.

My questions are:

1) Is it worth it?
2) Should I pay for the DCL excursion or wait and purchase a ticket from the Skyway office.
3) Do I need to take a taxi or bus from the ship or can I walk it. Is this part of the deal with DCL - you must take a
4) How do I get my tickets from DCL?

Many thanks

The entrance is just across from the ship if it docks in the normal port, ( not if tenders) so easy to get there yourself,10 mins walk, in the past the price was the same if you purchase direct or via DCL.I understand both are $21, Its a great view well worth it, if booking with DCL they give you their ticket for it redeemable there.

Hi there!

We just did the sky tram in April and we booked through Disney.

We paid $18 ( adult.) I remember it being more if we waited and bought tickets there. Tickets are delivered in your room when you board, and are non refundable . You can use them when ever you like that day, as many times up and down as you like.
There is a bird show on the top of the tour as well. Don't miss it! Times are listed here: http://www.paradisepointtramway.com/

When we booked, Disney's website gave us a price of $9.99 for the kids UNDER 12.... but when I got my stateroom bill, I was charged an adult fare for my 10 and 12 year old. It was a mistake on Disneys part... I hope they fixed that on the current excursion websites. Disney usually classifies a child as 9 and under, but this excursion stated $9.99 12 and under. Not a big deal, but they did refund us.
Have fun!

The entrance is just across from the ship if it docks in the normal port, ( not if tenders) so easy to get there yourself,10 mins walk, in the past the price was the same if you purchase direct or via DCL.I understand both are $21, Its a great view well worth it, if booking with DCL they give you their ticket for it redeemable there.

Hi there!

We just did the sky tram in April and we booked through Disney.

We paid $18 ( adult.) I remember it being more if we waited and bought tickets there. Tickets are delivered in your room when you board, and are non refundable . You can use them when ever you like that day, as many times up and down as you like.
There is a bird show on the top of the tour as well. Don't miss it! Times are listed here: http://www.paradisepointtramway.com/

When we booked, Disney's website gave us a price of $9.99 for the kids UNDER 12.... but when I got my stateroom bill, I was charged an adult fare for my 10 and 12 year old. It was a mistake on Disneys part... I hope they fixed that on the current excursion websites. Disney usually classifies a child as 9 and under, but this excursion stated $9.99 12 and under. Not a big deal, but they did refund us.
Have fun!

Thank you both for this information.

Andrew - have a great trip in a couple of weeks time. You're cruising with two great friends of mine - TheFatMan and TheFatMansWife plus kids. Bet you're excited.

Thank you both for this information.

Andrew - have a great trip in a couple of weeks time. You're cruising with two great friends of mine - TheFatMan and TheFatMansWife plus kids. Bet you're excited.

:thumbsup2 Yes they are on my cruise, and posting on our thread. Thank you for that, leaving soon, but not to soon.. And Checking out St Thomas again on this trip. (Last Time was on Princess Cruises).

Does anyone know how long does the journey from the bottom to the top take?

Very quick. It was about a 5 minute ride. But gorgeous views!

There are steps that you must climb as well to get to the landing.
My mother in law did have a bit of difficulty with that. She is 73, and not in the best of health though.

Do you remember about how many steps? My 7 yo has some physical problems and although he can go up and down steps, it takes him a while.

Thanks you for all the replies. They have been very helpful.

We enjoyed it. Great place to take the ultimate cruise/island photo...

Picture173Medium.jpg

We would also like to do this excursion, but we wanted to add the jumping. if you get the tickets through DCL for the ride can you add the jumping at the top? How much is it for just the jump??

Thanks a bunch!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter