• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Skyride to Paradise Point..?

j&j620

DIS Veteran
Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but this is an excursion you could do on your own, right? It seems like it's just a 10 minute walk from the ship and I'm assuming you can just buy tickets on your own..?

DH and I have booked another excursion for our St. Thomas/St. John day, but it should end in the early afternoon and I'd like to do the skyride as well if there is time.

Hello there! Yes. It is a short walk from the ship! You can do it on your own. We did! If you take a picture with the parrots, watch your hat. They like to chew on them!

Great! Thanks!

I'll make sure to watch my hat :)

PS - LOVE your avatar!!!

We did this thru DCL excursions and next time would do this separate. I think the price is the same for the skyride either way but there were locals waiting at port to take one on a guided tour and the skyride and for I think the same price.

I'm curious if anyone else has more information on booking this with a local vendor and not DCL. Looking for details on price, safety and overall experience.

TIA!

My best advice is to do it first thing right after you get off the ship. It gets incredibly crowded very quickly. It is a definite must do though. Easy enough to book on your own. Check out their website.

To be completely honest, we're not booking ANY of our excursions through Disney. You can do most of them on your own or through another company for much much cheaper.

I haven't been there in years, but used to go all the time when my aunt and uncle lived in St. Thomas. Not sure when you have to be back on board, but the best time to be at Paradise Point is with a bushwhacker (cocktail of choice there) at sunset. If it is clear, you can see the "green flash" when the sun hits the horizon.

You just walk up to the window and buy your tickets. No need for an excursion. I highly recommend the bushwhacker, I had two and was feeling good.

FYI if you are going any time soon, keep in mind they have been doing construction or something in the area and there were no parrots or any other animals on our recent stop. It was still worth seeing the view though. Gorgeous.

For whatever reason, we found it was cheaper to book it through Disney than pay the walk-up price on the day. It was only a couple of $$ each but there were 8 of us so it all counted. Not sure if that is still the case :confused3

ETA: Just checked DCL web site and Skyride web site and adult prices are now the same but kids are $1.50 cheaper through DCL :)

Thanks so much for all of the responses. I realized that I don't think I phrased my question well, though. What I meant to ask was is this something that definitely requires making a reservation beforehand, either through DCL or anyone else? In my mind it seems like we could just stroll on up to some ticket window and buy our own tickets that day right before heading up. Is that not so?

You just walk up to the window and buy your tickets. No need for an excursion. I highly recommend the bushwhacker, I had two and was feeling good.

FYI if you are going any time soon, keep in mind they have been doing construction or something in the area and there were no parrots or any other animals on our recent stop. It was still worth seeing the view though. Gorgeous.

Thank you! Looks like you were responding while I was typing my latest response, haha.

Thank you! Looks like you were responding while I was typing my latest response, haha.

You're welcome Mehta was funny was when I tried to book inboard the day before, we were told it was full, so going on our own was the only choice. We went early and were the first ones on as it wasnt running yet when we left the ship. No wait.

Also, money wise, it was listed a bit cheaper thru the ship, but when I tried to pay the adult price for my 13 yr old (as the DCL excursion would have charged) the lady at the window said no, he was charged as a child so it ended up being a little cheaper for us anyway. There is no age listed for children at the ride so not sure what their actual cut off is. So if you have a tween/teen it could end up being cheaper that way too.

Have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter