• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Skyliner To Be Down January 23-28,2022

That’s when we are going and we originally booked at Pop Century hoping to try it. Glad we booked elsewhere ☺️

My daughter and I had Carribean resort for that time frame. When I read this yesterday I changed our reservation to Wilderness Lodge. We were staying at Carribean for the Skyliner and now are really looking forward to celebrating a mother/daughter trip at Wilderness Lodge.

Attention all time travelers going to WDW in the before times... 😂

Edit: Title fixed, rendering the joke moot...

Last edited:
Would be a bummer to stay at a SKYLINER Resort with no adjustment in price for there being NO SKYLINER!lol
Curious as to how much the increased the price at those resorts when they installed the Skyliner.

Curious as to how much the increased the price at those resorts when they installed the Skyliner.
Not sure about the others,but Pop Century is around a $30.00 per night "Skyliner tax" compared to pre-Skyliner prices.

We love POP,but when wanting to save a little money will stay at the All-Stars(with Movies being the only current option)-of course we love the All-Stars as well.

When staying at the All-Stars,we still can get our "Skyliner fix" by flying from DHS to Epcot and vice-versa and by visiting POP to enjoy the "Lake Flight".

And we always take at least one "Sunset Flight".

I just watched a VLOG the other day where 3 people took different modes of transportation to HS from BC at 8:00am.
It took 12 minutes with a quick pace to walk to HS from BC.
It took 16 minutes on the boat from BC and they said that was unusually fast, as it didn't make all of it's normal stops. Ha
It took 20 minutes plus from the HUB on the SKYLINER and for those who have been on the Skyliner, it's what 3 or 4 minutes from the Hub to HS once on. She walked to EPCOT at gate opening, got on the Skyliner and then had to stand in line at the Hub. Grand total 37 minutes. Ha She asked when she entered the gondola at EPCOT how long the wait was at the Hub, it was already 20 minutes an hour before the park opened. LOL
And people spend thousands of dollars more to stay at resorts within walking distance or ones that have alternative transportation. LOL

Last edited:
I just watched a VLOG the other day where 3 people took different modes of transportation to HS from BC.
It took 16 minutes on the boat from BC and they said that was unusually fast, as it didn't make all of it's normal stops. Ha
It took 20 minutes plus from the HUB on the SKYLINER and for those who have been on the Skyliner, it's what 3 or 4 minutes from the Hub to HS once on. She walked to Riviera, got on the Skyliner and then had to stand in line at the Hub for 15 minutes or so. Grand total 37 minutes. Ha
It takes less than 5 minutes on a bus from BC. Ha
And people spend thousands of dollars more to stay at resorts within walking distance or ones that have alternative transportation. LOL
It's not comparable in two ways:
1. The bus time of "5 minutes" doesn't account for the average bus wait, whereas the Skyliner runs continuously and I've never waited more than 5 minutes at the hub. Skyliner also guarantees a seat, so there's no jockeying for position.
2. Why did they walk to Riviera? That adds time and doesn't make sense for this calculation.

This messed up our trip for January 17 - 28 at CBR so I took a little savings and switched POP. I really wanted to switch to BC or WL but that extra $3000 pays for our resort & some food to go back in December 2022 :cheer2:

It's not comparable in two ways:
1. The bus time of "5 minutes" doesn't account for the average bus wait, whereas the Skyliner runs continuously and I've never waited more than 5 minutes at the hub. Skyliner also guarantees a seat, so there's no jockeying for position.
2. Why did they walk to Riviera? That adds time and doesn't make sense for this calculation.
And walking or riding a Bus are not as FUN as flying on Skyliner-Skyliner is an ATTRACTION itself!

And walking or riding a Bus are not as FUN as flying on Skyliner-Skyliner is an ATTRACTION itself!
I think fair assessment is for mid day travel or off peak hours in general skyliner is tough to beat. The continuous running makes it extremely convenient when things go right and would be great to hop from resort to Epcot for quick snack and pleasant ride.

However, at park open/close or other crunch times the skyliner in current times gets overwhelmed easily. When I visited in January heard cast members talking about 1.5 hr wait at park closing. In the transport comparison video referenced, having to wait in line to get on then transfer and wait again at Caribbean beach makes for tough experience. For me, this makes skyliner a great addition to use but I don’t like it being my only option.

I think fair assessment is for mid day travel or off peak hours in general skyliner is tough to beat. The continuous running makes it extremely convenient when things go right and would be great to hop from resort to Epcot for quick snack and pleasant ride.

However, at park open/close or other crunch times the skyliner in current times gets overwhelmed easily. When I visited in January heard cast members talking about 1.5 hr wait at park closing. In video reference having to wait in line to get on then wait again at Caribbean beach makes for tough experience. For me, this makes skyliner a great addition to use but I don’t like it being my only option.
No doubt that the Socially Distanced Gondolas in Covid World make the Skyliner a headache at Park Open/Close,but I think those days will end sooner rather than later as rapidly as things are happening.

It takes less than 5 minutes on a bus from BC. Ha
Not having to wait for a bus, stand holding a strap, or watching the family that just arrived at the bus stop get on before you (who was waiting for 1/2 hour already): priceless.

Not having to wait for a bus, stand holding a strap, or watching the family that just arrived at the bus stop get on before you (who was waiting for 1/2 hour already): priceless.
Definitely.

Before Covid brought Social Distanced Gondolas,it was AMAZING to walk out the International Gateway at Epcot after the Fireworks and promptly board a Gondola and fly back to Pop Century INSTEAD of waiting in a huge line at the Epcot Bus Depot for who knows how long or how many buses and then bussing back to POP with a packed to the gills crowd of tired,sweaty,sleepy,cranky Guests!

Can't wait for those days to come back!

I just watched a VLOG the other day where 3 people took different modes of transportation to HS from BC at 8:00am.
It took 20 minutes plus from the HUB on the SKYLINER and for those who have been on the Skyliner, it's what 3 or 4 minutes from the Hub to HS once on. She walked to EPCOT at gate opening, got on the Skyliner and then had to stand in line at the Hub. Grand total 37 minutes. Ha She asked when she entered the gondola at EPCOT how long the wait was at the Hub, it was already 20 minutes an hour before the park opened. LOL
To be fair, making DHS rope drop via Skyliner is notoriously busy. Any other time of day, even a half hour later, and the wait at the hub is next to nothing.

Sorry that peoples Skyliner horse came in last, but those were the results of the Vloggers trials and they are on video. It was just two weeks ago and that was on a weekday.
For those who have not been during this Covid period with full park reservation days, everything you thought you knew is significantly different. We spend 20+ days at WDW every year and have for the last 6 years and our 12 day trip last month was a completely different beast.
Keep in mind that some people come to this site to get accurate, factual, up to date information and many people are trying to get to the parks as quickly as possible in the morning. So this information is for them specifically, not for people who are going to ride the Skyliner for any other reasons. The results were shocking for the Vloggers, but they quickly realized that everyone has the same idea and the wait at the hub currently is unusually long. Until WDW starts packing multiple families back in the gondolas, people should expect these wait times to continue. Especially with them expanding crowds in the parks as they most certainly have now.
They did the experiment twice for good measure, specifically in the morning, once at 8:00 am (37 minutes from International Gateway to the hub to HS) and again after 10:00 am and it was even longer the second time for the Skyliner than the first. (57 minutes the second time.) No one had a horse in this race, but I think people deserve accurate and current information, rather than experiences from years ago. It's also well known that if you stay at Resorts with alternative transportations the buses are limited, but when you stay at resorts that only offer buses the typical wait times are no more than 10 to 15 minutes max add in 5 minutes to the parks and it's typically no more than 20 minutes max to the parks in the morning. There is no standing holding straps currently either. When we were at our resort we never waited for more than 10 minutes in the morning and they typically sent two buses to HS and MK. We never spent more than 20 minutes total in our 12 day trip in the morning and that was going to MK. People also need to know that UBER is available for around $10.00 in the mornings to any of the parks located within 5 minutes or so, if they don't want to wait on any of the transportation methods offered by WDW and they want to get to the the parks the fastest way possible.
Also keep in mind, the International Gateway didn't even open the gates until it looked to be around 7:45 -7:50 and by the time she got to Riviera on the Skyliner, the cast member told her that the hub line at HS was already at a 20 minute wait and HS opens to resort guest at 8:00 to 8:15. By 8:45 or so the ride times were already significant at HS as we experienced this late last month.
Personally, I really like the Skyliner we rode it a ton last month as we park hopped and went to Riviera to catch a bus to DS in the evenings from both EPCOT and HS. But even mid day last month, every time we went to the Hub (at least 6 days out of our trip) it was a 10 - 20 minute wait for the EPCOT line. HS and POP/AoA were walk-ons at that time, but the issue is, the hub is a hub and services at least 8 hotels and in the morning they are all heading to two parks. Being that everyone with a HS reservation is up early trying to get a RoR at 7 am, everyone seems to get to HS earlier than any other park and it wasn't even close in our 12 day trip last month. There were 3 to 4Xs more people waiting to get into HS every morning compared to the rest of the parks. We were at park opening every morning for 10 days during our trip.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter