• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Skyline now open

tidefan

DIS Veteran
We took the new Skyline today from the UH West Oahu station down to Aloha Stadium for the Swap Meet. It’s free through July 4th.

That said, this is the way to go if you’re headed to the Swap Meet or to Pearl Harbor. Parking is free at the UH West Oahu station in Kapolei and the Aloha Stadium station is right between Pearl and the stadium. Staff said that the line should be open to the airport in the next couple of years and, IMHO, that will be a game changer for us.

Wow - missed the opening by a few days. It was running empty the whole time we were on Oahu. Seems to me that this has been under construction for ~10 years. Glad they got it going.

I really think once it open at the airport. If you want to deal with the hassle, you will ba able to take it out and save huge on a taxi/ride share option.

I really think once it open at the airport. If you want to deal with the hassle, you will ba able to take it out and save huge on a taxi/ride share option.
I wonder if it will be extended to the Ko Olina resort area.

Wow - missed the opening by a few days. It was running empty the whole time we were on Oahu. Seems to me that this has been under construction for ~10 years. Glad they got it going.

It really does feel like it has been under construction for soooooo long!
I remember the first time I saw the giant posts that support the track, they seemed so weird to be kind of just rising up out the landscape because I didn't know what they were for at the time.

I don't think so. Current upcoming phases are all extending the line eastward. There are no plans to extend westward. Even the current plans aren't expected to be done for a long time.
I'm sure it would be nice to take a train from the airport to Aulani, but that seems like a non-benefit to Hawaiians.

They won't ever do that. There are not enough people in that area to justify the costs. They already have so much backlash from the companies that provide transportation that it is a miracle that it even got built.

They won't ever do that. There are not enough people in that area to justify the costs. They already have so much backlash from the companies that provide transportation that it is a miracle that it even got built.
I'm sure. However, the ride over to the UH West Oahu station isn't much, and it will be much easier than driving (and Parking) into Honolulu. It is eventually supposed to go all the way to Ala Moana, but that part may be awhile. However the infrastructure, at least to the Airport is pretty well along, so I do think they'll get that open in the next couple of years.

No plans for it to be extended further west toward Ko Olina. There is a strong possibility the line could be extended further east so it ends at the Ala Moana Center, which was the original plan before it was cut short due to budget cutbacks.

No plans for it to be extended further west toward Ko Olina. There is a strong possibility the line could be extended further east so it ends at the Ala Moana Center, which was the original plan before it was cut short due to budget cutbacks.
It’s not very far to the Park and Ride at the UH West Oahu station in Kapolei though. I think it took us 10 minutes or less from leaving Aulani. It’s still worth it to not have to deal with parking… and that was just for the Swap Meet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter