Skyauction RSG availability: better now or later?

momtotwinglesx4

DIS Veteran
We'll be wanting a 2 bdrm condo in mid-Sept.; right now the RSG auctions are showing only a few that I might be interested in for our dates: Bryan's Spanish Cove, Silver Lakes, Summer Bay.

Should I grab it now, or do you think there will be a better selection if I wait until closer to Sept?

I'd hate to lock in on one of these now and then find a better resort available later.

Thanks,

Sue

momtotwinglesx4 said:
We'll be wanting a 2 bdrm condo in mid-Sept.; right now the RSG auctions are showing only a few that I might be interested in for our dates: Bryan's Spanish Cove, Silver Lakes, Summer Bay.

Should I grab it now, or do you think there will be a better selection if I wait until closer to Sept?

I'd hate to lock in on one of these now and then find a better resort available later.

Thanks,

Sue

The last couple of years there have been some very good deals in Sept. We got a 3 bedroom at CPGV last year. Hurricane season tends to scare people away leaving an abundance of inventory. Sept. can be a very good time to visit if you get luck with the weather. As far a booking now or later, I would wait awhile and see what comes available. But if your eager to go ahead and get your reservations made, go ahead. Of the 3 resorts you mentioned I would go w/ Summer Bay. It is further out, but in mid. Sept. traffic shouldn't be that bad. Good luck!

I just checked SkyAuction's inventory for Sept. and you already have some great choices. Vacation Village at Parkway is very nice and I see they have some 2 bedrooms available in Sept. That would be my first choice of all the ones listed. The two bedroom unit is approx. 1,500 square feet and the resort is very close to Disney.

just a word of caution

even if it says the 2 bedroom is available,at VV, it might not be when the auction is finished even if it is on hold

we won a 2 bedroom at Vacation Village at Parkway for our nephew in march, it was a straight auction ( 2 bedrooms at VV very rarely show up any more since they have found they can break the units out into their componets Part A and B thus offering One bedrooms....if all goes well they get 500 for the 2 bedrooms instead of 250$ )

we waited three days for them to verify the auction ( they kept telling us it was subject to availability, although there was nothing on the website saying that about the auction as we bid on it ) ....the final outcome ....they could not give us the 2 bedroom at VV that we had won, but did offer us the one bedroom with the partial kitchen at the same resort, of course we refused that

they did finally get us a two bedroom, but NOT the one we had bid on in "good faith"

VV is a nice place to stay, we have stayed there several times in the last 4 years

Bryan Spanish Cove looks like a nice compact resort across the street from Vistana, if memory serves correctly they have been do an active refurbishment of the resort

Thanks for the replies!

So Vacation Village at Parkway is nice? I don't know anything about it. What about Celebration World Resort?

Which place is nicer/closer to WDW/fun for kids?

Thanks!

Sue

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter