Skyauction and special requests?

tyco

Earning My Ears
To all the pros who bid on Skyauction -

I want to bid but I'm concerned about not getting a non-smoking request - Anyone have info on this? Do you get what they give? Just curious guys - I would hate to screw this up - Thanks so much!

Sue:sunny:

That is a tuff one to answer. It will all depend on the resort that you win. I stayed at WestGate Villa's & got mine. You have to make the request directly with the resort, not SkyAuction.

We booked two separate vacations throught skyauction. The first one was at Cypress Pointe GV, the second at Sheraton Vistana. I requested non-smoking at both resorts(after I won the auction), but only Cypress had non-smoking rooms. Vistana does not have any rooms designated as non-smoking. Can you believe it? Anyway, we just returned, and the room was not smokey. They said they put an air purifier in it prior to our arrival.
I would recommend checking with the resort before you book through skyauction, as that seems to be the best bet. Skyauction does not seem to handle any special requests, but the resorts have been willing to work with us after we have booked the trip.

Good Luck!

Thanks so much for the info - Skyauction is a great way to save money but if I'm in a smoking room it's no bargain - You know what I mean? I'm going to try them and see how I do - Thanks again and happy travel planning!

Sue:wave2:

I won the Rosen Plaza on Skyauction for an upcoming December trip. I think I read somewhere that you can request thru Skyauction, but that you need to confirm special requests with the winning hotel or resort.:)

:) Hi. We have travelled a lot over the last 5 years thru Skyauction and have booked many more for friends. I have never had a problem with smoke smelling rooms in any resort even those that do not have non smoking units and I have asthma and can't hack smoke. When you go thru skyauction you are assured of a unit at a particular resort. Any special requests ie. non smoking, ground floor etc. must be done thru the resort itself. I usually wait until I am there to check in and have found they are more than accomadating. If you want to do it before contact resort itself. You will have to wait till a few weeks before you go as skyauction has a block of units but to not assign names with the resort to them until a few weeks before you go.

So for all skyauction newbies do NOT get excited if you win an auction with Skyauction and phone resort to inquiry about it and find they do not have a record of it before a few weeks before you go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter