Sky Tower has been closed for several weeks now - Jul 2016

FLOIR

DIS Veteran
The Sky Tower was mentioned in a few other threads but nothing seemed to really fit this.

It has been closed now for several weeks, probably since early July and maybe even into June. I can't recall the first time I saw it closed and it did not reopen again.

I have seen it go up and down a few times and thought it would reopen again, but so far I have not seen it open. It is the oldest ride in the park and has gone down several times in the past year. I wonder how much more money they will pump into it before deciding it is no longer worth the cost.

I feel like it's been closed more than open in 2016

@FLOIR and @Joanna71985 , please keep the rest of us posted if/when you find it has been re-opened (or permanently shuttered :() . I would be super sad to see it closed permanently: its a good ride the whole family can enjoy together, and every theme park needs more of those.

It was closed back at the end of May when we went. I was bummed that we didn't get to ride it.

We were able to ride it on both April 25th and May 2nd.....but I'm beginning to think we were very lucky. Sounds like it went down shortly after our visit.

We got to ride multiple times during our April trip. It did seem to break down/be closed a fair amount of time we were there (we went 3 separate days). I agree, it was a great ride our whole family enjoyed. I hope they fix it soon!

I am not down there so i can't confirm, but another site with wait times has it as operating today August 17th.

Not sure if this is the reason that its down, but for what its worth- the sky tower offers very clear views into several of the animal habitats. I know in San Diego, if an animal is very sick or injured, or close to delivering a calf, they close the sky tower. People are very critical of Seaworld, and they don't need photos of deceased animals adding to that.

It seems like the sky Tower will shut down at the slighest gust of win. I've seen it closed more often than open.

Hey everyone who reads this thread. I was just at SeaWorld Orlando yesterday and i saw the thing to the sky tower going up and spinning like it normally does. It looked empty, and it stayed up there for more than 10 minutes, just spinning at the top. Then it came back down still spinning and lowered into its hidey hole like always. It was still closed. After 1 ride on manta, i went back and the thing was rising again. Could it be opening very soon from now?

Darn it, really enjoy it and was looking forward to it, a nice way to get a lay of the land.

Guess What Ladies and Gentlemen I went to SeaWorld Orlando Today, and the Sky Tower was OPEN!!! I got to ride it 2 times in one day. At the end though I asked a person why does it still say currently closed on the website and they said they just need to UPDATE IT!!! WOOOHOOO!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter