Sky go

You can log in but you won't be able to watch or download anything as it won't work outside of the UK. She me thing to do with broadcasting rights.

You can't download, but you can watch already downloaded programmes sometimes. I have a Wifi iPad, that lets me watch downloaded shows on the train. I think you'd have to keep it in Airplane mode so it doesn't know you're in the States.

I've always though Sky Go is a great idea, but their licensing deal means it quickly stops working if it thinks you are out of the UK

well, even if you can make it work (IP/GPS Spoofing or whatever tech means available) it's not guaranteed that the wifi speeds woud be sufficient (or that your bandwidth wouldn't be limited by the hotspot) and using 3G/4G would be a very costly option (roaming charges)

I logged in from Orlando and managed to do remote record as I'd forgotten to record something but I couldn't use sky go.

anyone know if you can log in as normal when in wdw?

You can login as normal if you get a VPN with a UK ip address

Just to add a bit more information, there are lots of web based companies that will sell you VPN access for watching UK TV abroad. Its normally quite cheap - if you just google "VPN access for watching UK TV abroad" they'll all show up.

You have to set up the VPN on your device which means you have to be a little tech savvy but most of the websites have really clear directions on how to do this for most devices.

Also, most of the time, you have to remember to cancel the subscription once you're finished with it.

I used one of these services this year in France so my dad could watch BBC iPlayer on my iPad while we were snowboarding and it worked really well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter