Sky auction question

kokomos

DIS Veteran
I'm looking at the week of May 18-25. One of the resorts I'm looking at has surcharge of 75.00 with dates may 23, 24 & 25. One of my questions is that for each of those nights? I'm sure I'll have more questions since I'm new to sky auction. Thanks!

I've used Skyauction frequently. Inventory changes all the time and rates can change too. Since the dates you need include a holiday weekend, it is hard to know if the prices will come down. If they have lots of availability, then prices should get lower.

If you are bidding on an auction per night, then the surcharge amount should be added each night. If you are bidding on an auction for a week, then only one surcharge should apply. I don't bid on auctions that have surcharges.

I bid on their certificates for weekly condo stays but have a hard time finding availability holiday weeks or during busy times. The certificates currently cost $239.99 for a week stay. I check availability on Resortcerts.com frequently, do research ahead of time so when I see a good unit / resort I am ready to reserve it fast before someone else does.

I've stayed up to four weeks straight in the same room/same resort many times.

I booked each week separately using vacation certificates. This does not work for every resort. Some have more than one configuration for the same size units and the computer can assign a different style unit each week. Sometimes the resorts are good about letting you stay in one unit to save them on deep cleaning it even if assigned a different style, but only if they are nice and the other style is not a big upgrade.

At check in, it is important to tell them how long the stay will be so the computer does not automatically assign a different unit for the next week(s). New keys will have to be issued each week.

If the certificate you are bidding on says "INCLUDING ALL TAXES AND SERVICE CHARGES", does that also include any surcharge that the bid states? The surcharge on the one I would like it is more than the bid. Not a bad deal still but would like to know what I would be bidding on.

You have to read all the fine print. If you "win" and want to book the hotel during a peak travel time there very well may be a "surcharge" for that time frame even though it states all taxes service fees included. In that case the surcharge is NOT included.

I have purchased the resort vacation certificates 2 times and though they work you will be hard pressed to find something during peak travel time. hth

Thank -you, very good to know. It is not a terrible price (I think) at $1,000/week. I believe we can do a bit better so I will keep looking.

I have sadly hijacked thread but am thankful for all the answers.

Yes it usually looks good on the surface but add up the extras and it usually isnt a deal. Once you book You still have to hope your week is available with that hotel/resort as well, unless you are flexible. The resort vacation certificates are not bad. Orlando area usually has vacancy all year round. here is the link. http://www.resortcerts.com/preview_resorts

http://www.skyauction.com/action/offer/2327013

Skyauction usually has a sale on these a couple times a year. Last sale they were 229. + 20 processing fee. So 249. for the whole week unless you choose to upgrade however the choosings are not near as luxurious as some resorts/hotels in the area.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter