Skirts

happyleesh

Mouseketeer
We're heading to WDW on Wednesday and I'm wondering about wearing skirts on rides like Space Mountain? I wear knee length denim skirts in the warmer months and was wondering if these rides have any part of the seat that would normally go between your knees or something? Thanks! :)

You can view pictures of the ride cars here courtesy of allearsnet. Space Mtn and Sum of All Thrills is the only ones that could have a 'modesty' issue when getting in and out of the car but just being aware of that ahead of time will probably fix that.

Space Mountain is the only ride I had an issue wearing a skirt on. But I realized that way ahead of time and kept it in the back of my mind that, when exiting the ride vehicle to MOVE QUICKLY :lmao:

I wore one of those Old Navy jersey skirts and was able to ride with few 'errors'

This isn't really an answer to your question, but if you're at all concerned (which I was, since I was wearing some dresses that were relatively short) you can just wear shorts under your skirt and move around however you like :) I loved the coolness of a dress in September and the freedom of movement that came from wearing shorts under it ;)

I don't think you wil have any trouble. I have worn skirts to Disney World in the past and it was no problem. Nice and cool and comfy :)

This isn't really an answer to your question, but if you're at all concerned (which I was, since I was wearing some dresses that were relatively short) you can just wear shorts under your skirt and move around however you like :) I loved the coolness of a dress in September and the freedom of movement that came from wearing shorts under it ;)

This is me. I wear skirts all summer (I dont even own a pair of real shorts oddly) and I wear black bike shorts each day under my skirt.

I wore skorts everyday during our last trip (the Athleta whatever short - highly recommended for travel!), and the only time I felt self conscious was getting out of space mountain. It was never indecent or anything (especially since it was a skort), but I was definitely aware of looking a bit silly getting out of that seat with what looked like a skirt on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter