Skipping PhotoPass?

jenniferreich

Mouseketeer
Hi! For the first trip (since PhotoPass began), I'm considering not buying PhotoPass for our upcoming trip. I've always preordered the CD in the past.

I know the photos are great, but I always take hundreds of photo myself, and only so many fit in my scrapbook!

I've read the PhotoPass photographers will take a photo w/my camera. If I approach one who isn't busy and ask very nicely, are they really ok with this? I wouldn't do it a lot, but I would like to have a few really good whole-family shots, maybe one from each park.

If my kids want to meet a character, can I take a photo with my own camera?

We never buy the ride photos, so I wouldn't miss them. I agonize so much over customizing the PP photos, I wouldn't miss that either!

Generally, after spending so much for the PP CD, I feel compelled to make my family stand in as many PP lines as possible to get the most out of our investment. Part of me thinks I'll save stress and time by not doing PP.

What do you think? Thanks! Jennifer

I know exactly what you mean! I have decided that unless I want a lot of ride photos, like on a bigger group trip, I'm not doing it anymore. We take more pics than we need and as you said, I see photos taking pics for families with their cameras all the time. The website is painful and then I put added pressure on myself to fully get my money's worth.

Any PP photographer will take the photo with your camera. They aren't always the greatest but if you have your camera set to auto you should be ok. Worst case scenario, ask the PP photographer to take one with your camera and let them take one with theirs as well. I've never seen a photographer refuse to take one with your camera...and often they will offer to use your camera too...at least thats how it was when I went this past September.

I had them use both theirs and my camera at all locations.
They had no problem with this at all.

We were just there (and sad to be back in the real world :sad:) and the PhotoPass photographers used my camera with no issues! Some of the photographers even set my camera to the correct settings for me. :thumbsup2

Thank you so much to you all! I feel so much better about that decision! I hope you're having a great day! Jennifer

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter