Skipping out on Epcot

linze

Earning My Ears
We're taking our 3 and 5 yr old to Disney soon and couldn't be more excited :) Should we skip Epcot all together and go to Magic Kingdom an extra day?

We're taking our 3 and 5 yr old to Disney soon and couldn't be more excited :) Should we skip Epcot all together and go to Magic Kingdom an extra day?

As far as two little ones concerns, yes. As for us, it's our favorite park, or rather it's right up there with MK. ;)

You don't say how many days you plan to be there, so that would be a determining factor also. :)

I personally wouldn't skip Epcot but it depends.....how long are you going?

My kids were 3 and 6 on their first trip to Epcot. They loved it! It was their favourite park (and still is). The highlight for them was colouring masks (it's Duffy now) around WorldShowcase.

Skip Epcot? :eek: I would never recommend anyone skipping any park. There's fun stuff for children at every park. I vote don't skip it!

We took our two year old and he had a good time. There are water spots for them to play in and characters, of course, plus more. Our son especially liked Ellen's Energy Adventure (think that's what it's called - I'm not big on ride names) and Spaceship Earth.

Last year, on a 8 night trip, we only did Epcot one afternoon/night and that was just enough for us. Granted, we didn't go to the WS at all, but we got to do our favorite attractions (Soaring, The Seas, Sum of all thrills, Club Cool (trying the Beverly)... and we ate at one of our must do's, Coral Reef right down from by the huge aquarium.

TT was down for refurb, so that wasn't an option anyway.

How long is your stay?

Dan

At that age my kids loved Epcot! They could play in the fountains forever (bring a change of clothes), loved the LS, Figment, the kidcot stations, "Mickey's Ball" (SE), etc etc. Epcot is wonderful for all ages, IMO.

We are doing only an afternoon and evening at Epcot and 2 full days in the Magic Kingdom on our trip in September. My daughter is 6 now and was 4 the last time we went there. For rides, we will do Living Seas, Turtle Time, Spaceship Earth, Soaring and maybe Test Track. We also hope to see the Chinese acrobats and meet Mulan and we will eat a counter service meal in the World Showcase and watch Illuminations. That's pretty much it on our "must do" list for this trip, except for stopping by the caramel shop in Germany to pick up some yummy snacks, and I think we can get everything done in the time we have scheduled for the park. We're not going to stand in any lines to meet characters this time because we have a lot of character meals scheduled to take care of that.

I personally wouldn't skip Epcot but it depends.....how long are you going?

My kids were 3 and 6 on their first trip to Epcot. They loved it! It was their favourite park (and still is). The highlight for them was colouring masks (it's Duffy now) around WorldShowcase.

We'll get there on a Monday afternoon and leave out on Friday morning, so 3 1/2 days.

Have you ever been to WDW before this trip? Do you have park hopper tickets? Do you plan on going back any time soon?

Yes, skip it.... Children that age.... I can't even get into WS, just buildings and shopping.... Long walk around just for that, can hardly keep my adult attention there....

For us and grandchildren, extra day at the MK for sure!

My kids (9 & 6) loved Epcot too! We got the most character signatures there too! They also loved the smoothies in Mexico!

Have you ever been to WDW before this trip? Do you have park hopper tickets? Do you plan on going back any time soon?

Yes, my husband and I have but the kids haven't. We will get park hopper tickets and we'll prob go back in about 5 yrs.

With a short trip like that, I'd do MK, AK, MK. That's just my opinion.
I'd also not bother with buying hoppers either.

Yes, skip it for that short visit, but def go in 5 years! My 5 & 7 yr olds had a blast last yr going to all of the KidCot stations in WS... would def recommend that for the kiddies next go round (may even have more by then) :cool1:

Personally, I wouldn't write off Epcot. We took my nephews in March (3 and 6 at the time) and they LOVED epcot. They both loved Soarin', everything in The Seas pavilion, Journey Into Imagination, Spaceship Earth (especially the interactive area after the ride), Innoventions. They also both would have loved Agent P's adventure in World Showcase, but we ended up not having time to do that.

The only thing that the 6 year old really didn't like was Test Track (still not quite sure why, but he wasn't a fan). We took them to Epcot on our first day in the parks, after reading that recommendation here, so that they wouldn't have MK to compare it to. They really had a blast that whole day, and I'm glad we didn't just dismiss the entire park because of their ages.

ETA: Given you'll only be there for 3.5 days, I'd probably recommend planning 2 MK days, and splitting a day at either Epcot/AK or Epcot/DHS and spending the other 1/2 day at the remaining park. We had 4 park days and we did a full day at Epcot, 2 MK days, and a day where we split DHS (morning) and AK (evening). 1/2 day in each was plenty for the boys for AK and DHS.

I would not skip it but it is our girls second favorite park and has always been. It is our favorite character meeting park by far. We see Lilo, Daisy, Chip and Dale, most princesses, Alice, Mary Poppins, Marie the cat, Donald in sombrero, Duffy, Pooh....etc. Also mom and dad get to enjoy the WS while we are looking for characters! Plus Illuminations is amazing.

I would go but don't necessarily plan on it being a long park day. If you have park hoppers, you could hop to another park once you have exhausted what the kids are interested in at Epcot. Epcot is my fave park but my dd at age 3 had a rough day there. Or you could spend part of the day at Epcot till the kids get tired if it and go back and swim, or donwtown Disney or something. It breaks my heart to think about it, but we are also considering skipping Epcot on our next trip based on my 3 year olds reaction last time. :(

We love Epcot just as much as the MK! No way would we skip as there's so mucn to do! My kids have loved it since they were babies!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter