Skipping mousekeeping

Yorkshiregirl57

Earning My Ears
In 2019 on my first solo stay of 4 days I was able to say no to mousekeeping and got a small credit back. This worked well and I wondered if it was still an option? I’m staying longer this June but still hardly make any mess and supplies were quick to be replenished when asked for.

In 2019 on my first solo stay of 4 days I was able to say no to mousekeeping and got a small credit back. This worked well and I wondered if it was still an option? I’m staying longer this June but still hardly make any mess and supplies were quick to be replenished when asked for.
No more gift cards for declining housekeeping. That was nice while it lasted.
I still decline housekeeping anyway.

My sister stayed at the French Quarter in Feb and house keeping was every other day.

You still could call if you needed anything like towels.

Thank you. It was the benefit of not being disturbed at non convenient times that I found most appealing rather than the monetary reward.
It's worth noting that your room will still receive a security check each day or every other day so declining housekeeping or putting up a 'Do Not Disturb' sign does not mean that a CM will not access your room. They will.

It's worth noting that your room will still receive a security check each day or every other day so declining housekeeping or putting up a 'Do Not Disturb' sign does not mean that a CM will not access your room. They will.

Will they pop into your room to check if you're not there, or do they purposely wait for signs of life/a do not disturb sign?

Asking because we'll be on our honeymoon and legitimately do not want to be disturbed most of the time we're actually in the room.

Will they pop into your room to check if you're not there, or do they purposely wait for signs of life/a do not disturb sign?

Asking because we'll be on our honeymoon and legitimately do not want to be disturbed most of the time we're actually in the room.
No real rhyme or reason in my experience. I would call housekeeping and see if they can schedule a time for a room check. Though even doing that, I've found it's still hit or miss. Sometimes they don't even knock first... If you are in the room, set the dead bolt thing so at least they can't open the door all the way and it gives you a few seconds to "compose" yourselves.

Put the room occupied sign out, lock the dead bolt, flip the security latch. They still knock even if the occupied sign is out, and they don’t always wait at all before they try the door. Good luck!

Like others have mentioned. Use the other methods to slow them down because they will just come in. We got a call checking if we wanted housekeeping. Said no. Two of us went to the balcony two stayed in the room laying down. About 5 minutes later they knocked and pretty much just came in. Did apologize since people were laying down. I was annoyed since we had just gotten a phone call, but then remembered about the room checks.

… we'll be on our honeymoon and legitimately do not want to be disturbed most of the time we're actually in the room.
Then don’t stay at a Disney hotel. Daily security checks are a Disney specialty and are mandatory by company policy. I’ve found other hotels will reserve the right to check on you daily but generally leave you be for a couple days before they bother.

If you have to stay at a Disney hotel and this would be an upsetting situation you could try to avoid it by doing a deluxe hotel where you supposedly get daily housekeeping so the check can be done then.

Then don’t stay at a Disney hotel. Daily security checks are a Disney specialty and are mandatory by company policy. I’ve found other hotels will reserve the right to check on you daily but generally leave you be for a couple days before they bother.

If you have to stay at a Disney hotel and this would be an upsetting situation you could try to avoid it by doing a deluxe hotel where you supposedly get daily housekeeping so the check can be done then.

We are deluxe, but DVC doesn't get daily mousekeeping.

Even in DVC you can expect a daily security check. The daily security check has nothing to do with the mousekeeping schedule.

Dave
Did the housekeepers stop doing the daily security checks when they cleaned the rooms? I know they did them then during Covid and if they had to call or knock to enter for the check it was often, but not always, a Housekeeper. Only time I’ve been interrupted for a security check is on days I didn’t have housekeeping happen.

Good news for PP if that’s the case since they don’t really get housekeeping if on points at DVC!

Did the housekeepers stop doing the daily security checks when they cleaned the rooms? I know they did them then during Covid and if they had to call or knock to enter for the check it was often, but not always, a Housekeeper. Only time I’ve been interrupted for a security check is on days I didn’t have housekeeping happen.

Good news for PP if that’s the case since they don’t really get housekeeping if on points at DVC!
DVC get daily security checks, yes. Independent of actual mousekeeping.

As above, DVC gets daily security checks, masquerading as “emptying the trash.” So if you come back to your DVC points villa for an afternoon nap and the trash hasn’t been emptied, be sure to put the latch on so they can’t barge into the room.

We stopped staying on property due to the, “security check.”
They have really messed up so many times by barging into rooms.
Is your teenage daughter changing? Too bad!
And oh - want an undisturbed nap? Maybe, maybe not - it’s a crap shoot.
We find these, “security checks” to be invasive & off putting.

Are they always during the day? People aren’t doing security checks early morning or evening and waking you up are they?

Yes. They don't do room checks before 11 AM and no they don't do evening checks. Room Checks are only if you decline mousekeeping or have your Room Occupied sign on the door all day.

Dave

I think it depends on the resort. AKV was relentless with the room checks. We are in the room much of the day and they would tap tap tap (on the door real quiet) with a key card then try to barge in having to walk into the room every time and look like they are actually doing something. At WL BRV we found they would just tap tap tap and when we would answer they would ask if we needed anything with no real need to actually enter. They are relentless with the tapping though. I didn't really have a chance to answer the door before they are tapping again. I suspect if the door lock wasn't latched they would be trying to come in before you have a chance to get to the door. I am like, I actually need time to get to answer the f-ing door. Give it a rest.

A few times at WL BRV they actually called and asked if we would like them to come by after a certain time.
Yes. They don't do room checks before 11 AM and no they don't do evening checks. Room Checks are only if you decline mousekeeping or have your Room Occupied sign on the door all day.

Dave
Well, if you don't have the Room Occupied sign on the door, they just come in and do the room check. So it isn't like they aren't doing the check if the sign isn't there.
We stopped staying on property due to the, “security check.”
They have really messed up so many times by barging into rooms.
Is your teenage daughter changing? Too bad!
And oh - want an undisturbed nap? Maybe, maybe not - it’s a crap shoot.
We find these, “security checks” to be invasive & off putting.
I agree 100%. We stay offsite at many Orlando resorts and this is just not a thing that happens anywhere else.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter