Skipper's Canteen Question

3smithboys

DIS Veteran
Since SC doesn't take ADR's ahead of time, but does take same day walk up ADR's I was wondering what do they do if you already have an existing ADR? Do they let you switch your existing one with no penalty?

I am asking because I currently have an ADR for Kona for dinner on July 3rd for DH, DS (17), and myself at 5pm. We were thinking about stopping by SC when we get to MK around 11:30 to see if we can get a ressie for dinner, but only if they will allow us to do it and cancel our Kona without a charge. Will that be allowed since we are still eating on property?

Also, is SC a better choice than Kona for dinner? Another reason we were considering this change is that I am worried about leaving MK on the 3rd for dinner and not being allowed back in because the park is closed to capacity. DH and I are staying on property, but DS will only have a day ticket - he will have just flown in that day and joined us... (not sure if that matters or not...)

The 24 hour cancellation rule still applies. Your ADR is for a specific place, not just any Disney restaurant. IMO, this problem of not allowing normal ADRs at Skippers is the major reason why they've had problems attracting guests. However, if not getting a reservation that day is your major concern, you don't have to make the ADR in person. You could make an ADR via the app first thing in the morning. Odds are pretty good that you'd get a table if you do it early enough and are flexible with your times.

Skippers is about to undergo a major revamp of their menu. It's already been reported that all of the more "exotic" dishes will be replaced. You might want to wait for a bit before making any final decisions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter