Skipper Canteen info

I love the jungle cruise (corny jokes just kill me)! I'd LOVE to grab a reservation here for our January trip! Keep me in the loop, guys!

I actually don't know when we will squeeze it in if they do open before our trip. I used our placeholder spot on Minnie's, so I'll have to get creative :tink:

Hopping on board!!! :)

I'm so excited about this restaurant. It sounds like it will be super-cute and fun, and I love that lunch there will only be a quick service credit like BOG. I read on a blog that some of the old Jungle Cruise props are being integrated into the restaurant decor as they have been replaced on the actual ride... I can't wait to see it!

I've heard nothing--not even distant rumors--about the menu, though. I wonder if it will be standard theme park fare, or if it will be unique in some way?

I wonder when an open date will be announced. November isn't that far for taking bookings...

So in addition to waiting impatiently for the Indiana Jones' themed Hangar bar to open next to the Boathouse at DTD I'll be waiting on this one, too. I'm still mad that they shut down what used to be in this space...the Adventureland Verandah. It was sponsored by Kikkoman and had these really yummy teriyaki hot dogs and french fry baskets. The shaded seating area over the water by the Adventureland bridge was so nice on a scorching summer day. (OK, so it was a lonnnggg time ago). I'm also still mad the Adventurer's Club closed down. Trader Sam's in DL and Trader Sam's Grog Grotto at the Polynesian somewhat make up for the loss, but they are so expensive to hang around and drink in for any length of time. Let's hope they carry some of that wonderful Jungle Cruise theming on over to the new cantina. And it wouldn't hurt to throw a few Tiki bird elements in there, either.

There have been some threads and posts on the rumors board, but nothing new. Here's what I have read after trying to follow everything I could find. There has been no mention of menus or opening date.

- Jungle Cruise-themed restaurant. Servers will be boat captains and tell corny jokes. (pretty much confirmed)
- In the old Adventureland Veranda and will share a kitchen with LTT (confirmed)
- Like BOG, QS lunch with ADR and TS dinner with ADR (not confirmed)
- Opening in mid to late November, possibly December. (This is logical speculation based upon when the LTT remodel is supposed to be done.)

Damn it, LTT looks to open Nov 20th. We will just miss it. Our last park day is set for Nov 13th and we are onsite until Nov 17th :sad:

I am beyond excited for this restaurant!! Hoping to snag a reservation for our February trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter