• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Skipper Canteen ADR Watch

Rumor that I heard on ADRs is Wednesday. I will be calling every morning and will post as soon as I know.

This is great News, I can't wait to get he ADR in MDE! Oh my god it is happening.... "clutching my pearls" :)

So, this is what the CM told me today. She said that reservations would begin on December 16th at the podium. Not on MDE or via phone. I told her that I understood about walk-up reservations, but I meant reservations for later this month or in April. She spoke to a supervisor and said that they still don't have that information yet. She advised me to "call back frequently" to check on the ADRs. Anyone else glean anything different?

So, this is what the CM told me today. She said that reservations would begin on December 16th at the podium. Not on MDE or via phone. I told her that I understood about walk-up reservations, but I meant reservations for later this month or in April. She spoke to a supervisor and said that they still don't have that information yet. She advised me to "call back frequently" to check on the ADRs. Anyone else glean anything different?

So when you say reservations start at the podium wednesday, do you mean for same day ones? Like i show up at 9am and ask for a reservation for 1pm for lunch?

Can someone remind me of the cancellation policy with ADR--is it that day or 24 hours? This walk up thing will be tough!

Yes, the cancellation policy is 24 hours. I did get one forgiven less than 24 hours since my son was sick with strep that day. As for the call this morning, I hope that the CM was wrong. I told her that I couldn't physically be at the podium on the 16th to make my ADR for April. She then spoke to a supervisor and told me to "call back frequently" to get more information about the ADRs.

BTW, I had a friend go yesterday, and she said that they actually text you on your cell when your table is ready! That is a nice touch.

Does anyone know by chance when the Skipper's canteen is opening - I mean for operating at the day - opening hours? Is that the correct term? Or coul I look that up on the WDW Website when the Restaurant is officially open?

When I called , I was told that the restaurant was opening Dec 16th and that ADRs should start at any time and to keep checking ( that was two days ago)-We are leaving tomorrow morning, would need to pay for this OOP, because even though we are on the dining plan, all our others are pretty set in stone. We would do this in replace of a QS lunch and then of course wind up with an extra meal. Not sure that I'm overly thrilled so, if I can't firm something up before we head out in the morning, I will pass.

So are they opening ADR online and phone tomorrow?
I've been reading a lot of different resprts

Still no ADR's, but the link is https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/magic-kingdom/jungle-navigation-skipper-canteen/

Shows up if you search 'skipper'...don't think there was anything when I tried that yesterday.

skipper.PNG

Hmmm...I don't think it's coming up now??? Auto spell finds it in search window when you write "Skipper" but then search says "no results found"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter