skip the line

I got one on my last trip. I was on Soarin' Over California and the ride broke down while I was strapped in. We were actually stuck on it for awhile. When they were finally able to release us, they gave us 1 pass per party. The pass was good for 6 people on any ride except for Toy Story Mania. My MIL, daughter and I were stuck together. It worked out ok since we had already done Soarin' the day before, but I would have been pretty bummed if it was our first time that trip. We ended up using the pass on Mickey's Fun Wheel for a swinging car. That made the most sense to us since we could all ride it (2 little boys in the group), it's a family favorite, and it can get a long line with no fastpasses available. We saved it until right before we left the park as our grand finale of walking right up and getting on.

Were you stuck on it on May 9th? We were and I was absolutely terrified. We were there for over 30 minutes and boy did I have a whopper of a panic attack. I was so ready to start crying with all the other little kids who couldn't stop sobbing. And to top it off at one point they got the audio working and it instructed everyone to push the red button while we were still at the top. You hear tons of parents scream at once "DO NOT PUSH THE RED BUTTON" to their children. I trying to laugh about it now. ;) We actually received 2 of the passes for our group.

It happened to us in April. They kept coming back into the room and saying "now don't panic!" which is about the worst thing to say! Fortunately for us we were on the bottom level. But seriously, not the right thing to say. They told us the release to let us out of the seat belts wasn't working right too. That was exciting. But they did get us down and out eventually. I think we were stuck about as long as you. My daughter actually thought it was a bit of an adventure.

wish i had got one for the Everest ride in 2006
we waited in line in wheel chair i was in for 3 hours only to be at the front an it broke down

the ride wasn't fixed till the next day an that is also the time we had a free picture we won on the site.
so with the ride down we were panicked well i was

any ways they asked if there was any other ride picture we wanted. we said sure the ride we went on yesterday in the other park the rock roller coaster one.
so they gave me an my man a one day ticket in to that park (because we only had 4day 1park tickets)
an we went in to get the picture. when we got there the picture wasn't good so they let us in an we skipped to the front that ride an got on it.
I know I didn't get to go on Everest but the cms sure did try to make it good an we got the picture free like we were suppose too. thank you disney, they did what they could to make it up to us

We have gotten a few types of passes:

The one for toy story mania a ton of times which tells you to come back in so many mins/hours.

We had some huge problems last time we were there and a lady at Disney 365 gave us a complimentary front of the line pass for all the rides for one day.

We also get "Golden Fastpasses" they have a date on them and are good for one full day. They go directly into the fastpass line as many times as you want. Those are a little more special though. ;)

We got this in 2009, at Toy Story Mania of all places:

8IMG_0563.jpg

To this day I am not really sure why we got it. I had done nothing more than approaching the CM at the entrance to trade pins. Never got something like that before, never again afterwards.

This ticket reminds me of the one I got at TSMM once. I was in a huge line with my 2 youngest kids when one took off out of line and just kept going. The CM saw me when I came to get back in line and gave me the pass.

I have got the Attraction Readmission Pass which I was on a ride that was broken down. It was a bummer and also a great thing to do, not only for the pass but the chance to walk in some areas that the guests are not allowed in. I was on two rides that were broken down and given the pass. The rides that I was stuck on were BTMRR & SM. I have used only one of them while I kept the 2nd one as a souvenir. Just like what KTR said on the post that it is good up to six guests for readmission to any ride except TSMM. I used the pass on FNSV and it was at night when the ride wait time was at 30+ mins.

Here is a pic of the pass.
5725472248_47c03a8636_z.jpg

We have had this kind....once, that's it...lol We broke down on RR and we were stuck in a really loud room for a really long time.....when we finally got out the CM gave us one. Then we had problems using it because it was early November and the parks were really slow, we finally used it on Peter Pan. :)

We have gotten a few types of passes:

The one for toy story mania a ton of times which tells you to come back in so many mins/hours.

We had some huge problems last time we were there and a lady at Disney 365 gave us a complimentary front of the line pass for all the rides for one day.

We also get "Golden Fastpasses" they have a date on them and are good for one full day. They go directly into the fastpass line as many times as you want. Those are a little more special though. ;)

Sweet....I want one of those "Golden Fastpasses" LOL :)

We were given one of those 'Attraction Readmission' tickets from a random girl on Main Street! She was leaving the park and had been given the pass from a CM because it was her birthday but she wasn't going to be able to use it so she gave it to my family.

We used it to 'skip' the 50 minute line for Finding Nemo (we'd been on every other ride in the park) - it was good to use we only had to wait 10minutes but oh, the looks that we got from the people lining up!

We were on three rides when they broke down (Peter Pan, Buzz and HM) and we were never given any passes for compensation. Buzz and HM ended up starting again after a few minutes but we were stuck in Peter Pan for a good 25 minutes.

We were on three rides when they broke down (Peter Pan, Buzz and HM) and we were never given any passes for compensation. Buzz and HM ended up starting again after a few minutes but we were stuck in Peter Pan for a good 25 minutes.

These things are given out in weird and totally RANDOM ways. We also were stranded in a couple of lines last week - nobody was offered passes. We were, however, given one completely out of the blue at Town Hall when we stopped in to add a day to our tickets. What a blessing pixiedust:!! We used it to walk on to POC on Thursday afternoon when the crowds were unreal - no way would we have been able to do this ride without it.

We also saw a lady offered one at the BBB after she had a complete and utter :mad: "magical meltdown" because the appointments were running late. Total tantrum she threw; the 4-year olds were looking at her like this :sad2:. The funny thing was that she TURNED THE PASS DOWN because apparently she wanted the hairdoo for free, which I don't believe they gave her. (BWT, we waited almost a hour past our appointment time, as did others - BBB was not exactly the "happiest place on earth" that day...)

I don't know if this technically cheating or not, but I sat for about an hour holding a lovely conversation with a cast member when I went to Disneyland last week. We talked for awhile about the parks and the history. I off handedly mentioned I had not been on the Matterhorn at that point. She smiled and wrote me a "skip the line" pass, and I walked over and immediatley got on.

The best part however? It wasn't the fastpass ticket...it was making a new friend at Disneyland. Still makes me smile. :) Thank God for facebook keeping people together across the country, haha.

But besides that, the same day I recieved another pass, because Indy broke down for an extended period of time while I was in line. So everyone who was in line was given one. (At least from the projector room onward, which was where I was located.)

So it all depends, I guess.

other than the fast pass - is there any way to skip a line or two at disney? A friend told me that a couple of times an employee at the park gave them a skip pass? Does any one know how to get our hands on one...or a few?

We got a passes to skip all lines through space mountain (back entrance straight to fron of line) from a hotel CM @ Paradise Pier due to my tiny bit of whining that there was no magical morning time because of grad nite. (NO tantrum just - poor me what can I do?) I called weeks ahead at the ticket booths to confirm dates of grad nite then reserve around this but they were wrong. Could not cancel due my DVC points. I had invited friends for the sole reason of magical morning time! So thus the skip line passes for my entire group! The CM at check in felt bad and said "Here is a pass for just 1 ride of your choice!" So nice of them!

We got one for each of our "parties" when we went in March of 2009. We had waited through the ticket line outside the park for 20 minutes maybe (we didn't think anything at all of the wait) and the CM felt bad since we had printed the etickets at home and had them in hand, so we got one for me, my dh and 2 dc to use, and a second for my dad, his wife, and my 2 sisters to use. It was similar to the one posted very early in this thread- a hand written on carbon copy deal. We didn't end up using it at all and now it's in our scrapbook. :) You can't "buy" them or anything like that. It's just a free and easy way for DLR to make people happy after something went wrong.

I got on of those once for helping two CMs at autotopia settle a debate they were having about Jello. :lmao:

I answered their question when we got in the car. When I got out they were so excited to finally have the matter settled they gave me one. :rotfl2:

I don't know if it's different in Disney World, but we just got back yesterday and on Friday (our last day in the park), we got stuck waiting for a table in the Castle for a while, even though we had reservations. When they did finally seat us, they handed us a magical fast pass to any ride in the park. I took a picture of it:

DSC_3411.jpg

What's weird is that A: it wasn't really that long of a wait and B: there's a box to check for 'wait time', but they didn't check that box, they checked "other". I'm really not sure why we received it, but it was pretty cool since it was our last night at the park. We were planning on leaving right after dinner, but used the magical FP and rode BTMRR one last time before we said goodbye!

I got a couple of those at WDW, too. Of all things, I got it for crying at FotLK. :rotfl: I was on a grown-ups only trip, and the kidlets love that show. I was missing them and started crying during the finale. A sweet CM saw me and gave us one like yours and one for free ice cream. Mine was also marked "other" since there wasn't an option for "being a big baby.":laughing:

I got a couple of those at WDW, too. Of all things, I got it for crying at FotLK. :rotfl: I was on a grown-ups only trip, and the kidlets love that show. I was missing them and started crying during the finale. A sweet CM saw me and gave us one like yours and one for free ice cream. Mine was also marked "other" since there wasn't an option for "being a big baby.":laughing:

:rotfl:

I love it! There's "ride broke down" and "Disney goofed" and "guest was a big baby" passes. :)

We got one when we were about to board Indy and it broke down. Unfortunately, when we went to use it at Peter Pan the CM there was all snippy about it and we ended up waiting 25 minutes (when there was only a 30 minute line) for her to get around to boarding us. It sort of sucked.

We did really well with rider swap this last trip too.

LOL that's awesome! :rotfl:

I have got the Attraction Readmission Pass which I was on a ride that was broken down. It was a bummer and also a great thing to do, not only for the pass but the chance to walk in some areas that the guests are not allowed in. I was on two rides that were broken down and given the pass. The rides that I was stuck on were BTMRR & SM. I have used only one of them while I kept the 2nd one as a souvenir. Just like what KTR said on the post that it is good up to six guests for readmission to any ride except TSMM. I used the pass on FNSV and it was at night when the ride wait time was at 30+ mins.

Here is a pic of the pass.
5725472248_47c03a8636_z.jpg

My family and I go to the park for around 6 days a year, and have been doing so since 2006. I usually end up with between 8 to 12 of these Attraction Readmission Passes per day. Since 2006 my family and I have NEVER had to wait in any line for any longer than five minutes, even on Christmas Day, with the exception of TSMM. The way I see it, with the Disneyland mission being nothing more than a money making exploitation excercise, and in the words of a number of older cast members "Walt would be rolling in his grave" and "Disneyland is so far away from what Walt wanted", they owe me. I have observed Disneyland upping the stakes in gauging people over the last few years, so a little bit of quid pro quo seems acceptable. Oh, we also eat for free at the park! :rotfl2:

You guys are going to hate this, but a friend writes for a very popular network show. One time not long ago a bunch of folks from the show went down to DL. Somehow a call was made and they all got hooked up so that they got to enter through the exit on *all* rides for their entire visit; they never had to wait in line. Some people have all the luck!

A far less spectacular coup was achieved by my mother and I about three years ago. We were simply chatting with a young woman that worked at one of the rides. I'm a very chatty guy and I guess she liked that we took time to ask her how she liked her job, etc. She gave us a pair of passes for any ride that we liked. Maybe she just had them handy, maybe CMs are empowered to grant them at their discretion. In any case, it always pays to be nice to people :-).

My family and I go to the park for around 6 days a year, and have been doing so since 2006. I usually end up with between 8 to 12 of these Attraction Readmission Passes per day. Since 2006 my family and I have NEVER had to wait in any line for any longer than five minutes, even on Christmas Day, with the exception of TSMM. The way I see it, with the Disneyland mission being nothing more than a money making exploitation excercise, and in the words of a number of older cast members "Walt would be rolling in his grave" and "Disneyland is so far away from what Walt wanted", they owe me. I have observed Disneyland upping the stakes in gauging people over the last few years, so a little bit of quid pro quo seems acceptable. Oh, we also eat for free at the park! :rotfl2:

interesting, not sure how you would do that but you've posted on a thread that is a year and a half old to brag. hmmmmmm I'm fine waiting in lines, thanks :)

You guys are going to hate this, but a friend writes for a very popular network show. One time not long ago a bunch of folks from the show went down to DL. Somehow a call was made and they all got hooked up so that they got to enter through the exit on *all* rides for their entire visit; they never had to wait in line. Some people have all the luck!

A far less spectacular coup was achieved by my mother and I about three years ago. We were simply chatting with a young woman that worked at one of the rides. I'm a very chatty guy and I guess she liked that we took time to ask her how she liked her job, etc. She gave us a pair of passes for any ride that we liked. Maybe she just had them handy, maybe CMs are empowered to grant them at their discretion. In any case, it always pays to be nice to people :-).

That kind of thing is pretty normal, why would we hate it? And they still had to wait in line, even with the passes previously mentioned in this post people have to wait. :)

I didn't realise at first this was an old thread! but I'll answer anyway - on our September trip we were given a handwritten 'No strings attached' voucher from a CM at reception at the PPH - they had told us we had a package to pick up, but actually we already got it a few days before, and there was some confusion and time taken to get it sorted out. We didn't expect anything but it was nice of the CM to give it to us. It could be used for anything except Carsland or WOC.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter