• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Skip Epcot? Epcot 1 day? OR Skip AK, Epcot 2 days?! HELP!!

I think I'm in the camp, "why do you have to decide"? We have 6 days in the park, plus a night for MVMCP. I couldn't imagine skipping either AK or Epcot, but admit that AK completely surprised me, So much more than I expected.

Here is our plan:

Day 1: Arrive MCO 9:25 am. MK at night for MVMCP
Day 2: AK
Day 3: MK
Day 4: DHS
Day 5: Epcot during day
Day 6: AK
Day 7: Epcot full day, staying for Illuminations
Day 8: Time to go home :(. Might go into MK in the morning...we'll see...

One of my favorite things in all of WDW is the limbo dancers from Togo called Tam-Tam. They perform at the Dawa Bar in the Africa section of AK. Check out the Steve Soares website and the Entertainment Guide when you get in the park. Awesome.

Our first trip we skipped Epcot because people told us our kids would not enjoy it, oh was that bad advice. Epcot and AK are both great parks and kid oriented.
We love the muiscals at AK. The Lion King, Tarzan ( no longer there), and Nemo. We eat around the world at EPCOT.

I would say make a list of 2-3 MUST SEE things at each park and whatever you do -enjoy it! Face the fact the rest of us already know... you can't see and do everything at Disney World so you'll have to come back next year.

Tell me what to do in AK, because we just didn't "get" it. I'm definitely giving it another try in January, so I would love your suggestions.

We didn't do most of the things you list, so I guess that's a start. We did ITTBAB, Safari, Dinoland and the Pangani Forest Exploration Trail.... What's the scavenger hunt?

We won't be doing Kali since it's January. No one minds getting a little wet, but getting SOAKED in January is not enticing.....

From WDW website - Kids Discovery Clubs are fun-filled activity stations for kids of all ages located throughout Disney's Animal Kingdom theme park .

There are 6 Kids Discovery Club outposts where kids can explore and discover nature's wonders through hands-on experiences such as constructing a dinosaur from a pile of bones, going on a scavenger hunt, becoming a wildlife detective and viewing the world from a bug's point of view.

After completing each activity, kids receive a stamp. Once they collect all 6 stamps, they can receive a special bonus for completing all the activities.

To find all 6 Kids Discovery Clubs locations, check your in-park guide map and look for the red squares with a "K" symbol

I just looked up Flights of Wonder on Steve Soare's site and there were no shows scheduled this week - so it may not be there anymore.

Take the train out to Conservation Station - my DH and DS would spend 1/2 day just out there, talking to the CM's, etc.

As for Kali - I was speaking of the areas before the ride even begins, the props they have out are fantastic. Oh and I'm one of the people that wears a poncho on the ride. LOL

Have you seen Divine?? I haven't - yet. Maybe this year. When you get something to eat, head over to near the Flame Tree BBQ, behind it there are Terraced areas to sit and relax, watch the river. In the summer, it' cooler and nicely shaded.

It's fun to do the Safari first thing in the morning, but it's fun to be one of the last jeeps out too. You will see all the animals heading back to their pens. We saw all the giraffes standing near this rock ledge, we realized it was a door and they were waiting for the door to open.

The Tree of Life - we bring a list with us of the animals we have found - every year we try to add a few more.

Janis

I would skip AK and do two days at Epcot ~ ANY TRIP! And I have a 2 and 4 year old. AK just doesn't do it for any of us.

Skip AK, Epcot is way more fun. I go to AK for 1.5 hours most trips just to ride EE, and last trip I didn't go at all. :)

Yes- the Festival of the lion king and/or the Nemo show. The Safari, etc.
Animal kingdom is NOT a glorified zoo. So much more then that, I think people who go there with the mind set on a zoo are dissappointed.

Since Animal Kingdom can be done in half a day-- i suggest a morning tour-back to the room for a break and Epcot at night.

I agree with this, do a full day at Epcot and then go to AK until closing -it usually closes at 5p (or until you are done) and go back to Epcot. (provided you have park hoppers)

If you are going to split it up, I would say do one day at EPCOT...then another day open up at AK...that's the best time for the Safari and wait times are shorter. Spend half a day there, then go to World Showcase and Illuminations.

I would never skip Epcot. What I would do is go to Epcot for a full day then go to AK during an EMH morning, get that done by like noon :lmao: and then go back to Epcot.

Epcot has always been my family's favorite park...since first visit when my DS was 5 and my DD 8 and that pre-dated the Kidcot stuff. We also love AK and can't imagine skipping it. DHS is our least favorite. Going with just my sister in November and we will go to DHS for about 1/2 day on the day of arrival just to do Great Movie Ride, 3-D Muppets, Motor show and maybe Indiana Jones...not much else. Then back to POR for boat to DTD.

We will spend a full day at AK, 2 at MK and 2 at Epcot. In fact I was just about to get out WDW calendar and plan which day to hit which park!

If I only had 2 days I would go to Epcot and AK...three would have me add MK.

Ok, you guys have definitely convinced me that we NEED to spend at least one day at Epcot. And we're going to do AK because most of our group insists on it... :rolleyes1 LOL!

But now I'm starting to wonder if it will be worth it to go to HS, based on the comments in this thread! I am a coaster FREAK, so even though DD5 won't be able to ride, I really wanted to! Also thought we'd all love TSM, the muppets 3D show.. But I guess those and ToT are really the only MUSTS that I had on my list..

Oh great. We solved the Epcot/AK dilemma, and opened a whole new issue with HS. Thanks people, thanks a LOT! :rotfl2:

--Kitt

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter