Skin of our teeth.

Cochise

<font color=teal>Went last October and this Octobe
Yesterday marked the announcing of the North West Dept for Work and Pensions Organisational Review results (DWP members will know)

Basically we had to submit a full review on ourselves on why we were so good and our acheivements and appropriate markings. Sarah and I work in the same department supporting the benefit processing sites ensuring the system are maintained and working.

We both scraped through in this and have managed to secure our own jobs when over 60% of the staff are being made surplus to requirements.

I wasn't really sure how close this was until i worked out that in 2003 we were both awarded A markings in our reports. The difference in totted scores from A to B was 0.66 which would have taken us below the cut off line. Sarah was originally marked as a B that year and the countersigning manager had it changed to an A.

WOW this was close, i felt so sick for others and i just couldn't feel selfish at all about us getting through.

Glad you got through - we are going through a similar thing at the moment due to NIN here in NI. Civil Servants are being reduced from 5000 down to 500. Like you, I feel selfish for being less concerned as I am due to move back to mainland in the summer so won't be affected. Many of my colleagues may be without jobs this time next year though :(

Well done, seems lots of companies use this approach to reduce numbers, suppose it make the bosses feel better that any job losses are not directly their decision :confused3

:sunny:

Jodie

Well done Rob, although I feel its probably a bittersweet relief.

Im glad you both got through, it must have been a really worrying time.

Well Done :sunny: but what a horrible process :(

I cant say what i really feel about the whole process.

Put it this way, if anyone here in the future needs to rely on a benefit claim being processed quickly and accurately.....Forget it there wont be anyone to process them!

Its a terrible state of affirs for those relying on benefits, seems this government has really reneged on its claims to help those that need help!

agreed for genuine cases

Huge strides have been made on fraud and new systems are on their way to help on that, but wholesale reduction of staff will make things easy for people who are up to no good.

One thing makes me smile is since "On the fiddle" started the amount of people declaring part and full time work has shot up considerably"

Just wanted to say well done :thumbsup2 and that your WDW spending money is safe again :teeth:

Claire xx

Whoop Whoop Buzz word alert...

The holiday money was "Ring fenced" for October. :thumbsup2

I can't begin to think how scary it must have been for you both to be worrying about your jobs at exactly the same time.

Hope you can both now relax and look forward to your magical trip in October.

I will look out for you!

Susan

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter