Sketcher's Go Walk question

Sketchers Go Walk are almost the only shoes I wear now, for the past year. I have a history of getting hip and Achilles injuries (same leg) whenever I start exercising a lot. The past year I have been wearing the sketchers is the longest I have gone without an injury. I even run on my treadmill in them 4 days a week. I know they are not running shoes, but it is working. (I think my feet/ gait need complete freedom and I can feel that the GW let my foot strike the way it wants to, while lots of running shoes will change the foot strike.)

I wore mine all over Disney last year. They did great. I did feel that my feet ached at the end of the day more than the other years when I wore running shoes to the parks. I do not use an insert, but I think an arch insert might be a good idea.

I do wear socks with them. Higher socks to run on the treadmill, low socks when out in public. They do get quite stinky without socks. They don't hold up very long, but don't ear out super quickly either. I have 3 pair.

My husband hates that I wear them! I never wear any remotely feminine/ sexy shoes anymore. I tell him, at least I am not limping!

I have two different pair of Go Walks that I alternated between during our week long trip. I had no problems with wearing them all day in the parks. I do wear socks with them though...the really low "invisible" kind. I got some at Academy that are moisture-wicking and they really worked out wonderfully!

I can not wear them all day but half a day is fine.

The first time I wore them I had no socks and they did rub my little toe.

I sometimes wear socks and sometimes don't. Either way seems to be fine as far as how long I can wear them. Socks do give me a little more time before I start to get hot spots that could become blisters.

I've never worn them in the park before but that's all I'm taking this time around. Last time I wore flip flops the entire trip but this time since we will be there in January, I'll be wearing those. Honestly they are the most comfy shoes I've ever worn! I have 3 pairs and I'm taking two of them. I don't wear socks with mine.

I love Go Walks as my park shoes now. I pretty much only wear Go Walks everyday in my real life now too. I have a weird thing about wearing shoes with no socks, so I do wear regular sport socks with them when at Disney.

Riddle me this...Does anyone know the exact differences between the Go Walk, Go Walk 2, Go Walk 3, and Go Fit
Shoes? I have a pair of original Go Walks but wonder if the Go Walk 2 Super Sock would be a good choice too? Or if not, maybe the GO Fit...

My trip is coming up in June and I wonder what I need to start breaking in. :-D

I brought two pair; one lace up and one slip on. I wore them with low socks and they were so lightweight and comfy.

I'm really happy to see all the positive posts for Go Walks. I have always worn Crocs Mary Janes in the parks and would never do WDW without them. I saw the Go Walks in a shoe outlet and tried them on and loved them. I bought two pair for myself and one pair for my daughter for our trip later this month. I was thinking of wearing them them without socks and bringing Crocs just in case. I need to work on breaking the GoWalks in before we go.

I wanted to try the Go Walks but haven't been able to find them in wide widths. They sure look comfy though.

I usually wear a 10 1/2 wide but am able to wear an 11 in the regular width.

They do stretch out, so I wear them with thick socks around the house to break them in.

Riddle me this...Does anyone know the exact differences between the Go Walk, Go Walk 2, Go Walk 3, and Go Fit
Shoes? I have a pair of original Go Walks but wonder if the Go Walk 2 Super Sock would be a good choice too? Or if not, maybe the GO Fit...

My trip is coming up in June and I wonder what I need to start breaking in. :-D

The gowalk 2's have more of an arch support then the original gowalks.

Love my Go Walks! I'm retired and wear them all the time. Usually wear them without socks (even in the parks and we go a few days a week). The only problem I've had with them is odor, but a pair of Odor eaters took care of that and I can still wear them sockless in the park with no blisters.

I love Sketchers and the Go Walk are my new favorites.

However, I learned this year in Europe that they mean go walk in the U.S. on smooth sidewalks, not go walk in Europe on cobblestone and textured sidewalks. They were very uncomfortable on surfaces like that that weren't flat because the pointed concrete would poke up between the "cleated" foam of the bottom of the shoe and go right into my foot. Ouch! It was not good. Besides that I didn’t have any trouble with them wearing out as long as the ground was relatively flat and not pokey.

I also have a pair of crocs, not the original house shoe looking crocs. These look more like the old jelly shoes from the 80s. They are sandals with a tiny bit of a heel, and they go all the way around my foot. I honestly think my crocs and my Go Walk are equally matched for walking around. Where the crocs have the advantage is that they are water proof, can double as water shoes, and are open enough that they let air in to keep my feet cool in the summer.

It would be a hard decision deciding between the two.

Last summer I suddenly had horrendous foot pain a few days before leaving for Disneyland. Off I went with a cortisone shot and brand new Go Walks - not broken in at all. I averaged 34,000 steps a day for 3 days...not one blister and the foot pain was as good as it could be given the circumstances. I wear them all the time at home, and have since walked all over NYC and Disney World with them. Not a single blister ever. I wear socks - no shows. I keep wondering if I'll ever have to add support to the arch or heel, but so far I don't.

I find the go Walk to be great for running errands but there's no way I'd be comfortable using them for a full day in the parks.

Me, too. I wear a different type of Skechers, "real" sneakers with a thick layer of memory foam. I got these:

http://www.skechers.com/style/11792/synergy-a-lister/nvbl

They were super comfortable right out of the box! Very supportive, and the thick layer of memory foam was like walking on marshmallows.

I've worn them for my past three trips to WDW. I love them! I have issues with footwear in WDW, so these were a find! I wear them with those little Ped type things, and without. Depends on the weather.
I have never had to break them in....put them on and go. Actually, it's time for a new pair or two!

I love Sketchers and the Go Walk are my new favorites.

However, I learned this year in Europe that they mean go walk in the U.S. on smooth sidewalks, not go walk in Europe on cobblestone and textured sidewalks. They were very uncomfortable on surfaces like that that weren't flat because the pointed concrete would poke up between the "cleated" foam of the bottom of the shoe and go right into my foot. Ouch! It was not good. Besides that I didn’t have any trouble with them wearing out as long as the ground was relatively flat and not pokey.

I also have a pair of crocs, not the original house shoe looking crocs. These look more like the old jelly shoes from the 80s. They are sandals with a tiny bit of a heel, and they go all the way around my foot. I honestly think my crocs and my Go Walk are equally matched for walking around. Where the crocs have the advantage is that they are water proof, can double as water shoes, and are open enough that they let air in to keep my feet cool in the summer.

It would be a hard decision deciding between the two.

As posted earlier, I LOVE my Go Walks and they were the only shoes that worked for me with recent toe and feet issues. But good point above, we had sunny days when at Disney, but I don't know if I would have worn them if rain was predicted. They wouldn't be waterproof, and I imagine this is one way that they would get smelly quick. (no odor issues with just sun). And yeah, can see the point of only wearing them on regular concrete with the bottoms the way they are (but this is not an issue at Disney)

Add me to the list...I LOVE my Go Walks. I have had foot surgery and Skechers are by far the most comfy shoes ever. I wear them with low profile moisture wicking socks.

On our last trip in Nov. I alternated between Go Walks and my Go Run sneakers. No foot problems. :thumbsup2

Which style Go Walks is everyone wearing and where is the best place to purchase? I went to Kohl's today and looked a few. None of them caught my eye as far as "looks" go, but I suppose I need to be concerned about comfort!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter