Skechers Twinkle Toes $9.99

princessmorgan

DIS Veteran
I saw a thread on Slickdeals that Kids Foot Locker had marked down all their Twinkle Toes to $9.99! I went in this morning and they were! :cool1: My girls kept asking me for them and I would say no, but for this price, I had to oblige for school ;)

Some people were reporting that their stores had marked them up to $14.99, and I noticed that they were ringing up as $14.99, but the signs everywhere said $9.99 on the shoes, so the cashier marked them down to $9.99 without me having to ask. So YMMV. Oh, they also had the Boys version, too. I think they're called Illuminators.

I know where I'll be stopping after work. I promised my neice shoes for back to school. These may fit the bill!

Awesome thanks! Looks like I will be making calls to see if I can get anyone to go get DD a pair.

AARRGGHHHH!!! As a teacher, I would love to outlaw these shoes!!!

The "twinkling" is very much like a strobe light, and it's VERY VERY bright! If I'm sitting on the floor with my students (which I do every day), and I'm looking directly at a kid's shoes when they start blinking, I actually get "flash blindness". It's so annoying! I would bet that some of my migraines have been caused by them.

Why do they have to be so ridiculously bright? :confused3

Good luck with your Twinkle Toes. My dd got a pair last year for school and loved them. A month later we were caught in the rain at an amusement park and they shorted out so they no longer lit. Then the material around the lights started fraying badly - they became play shoes and I had to go but her another pair of shoes. My son also got a pair of Sketchers last year and within a month the stitching at the toe was out and his toe was sticking through. This year I took both kids to Shoe Carnival and told them to pick any shoes they wanted - with the exception of Sketchers.

The "twinkling" is very much like a strobe light, and it's VERY VERY bright! If I'm sitting on the floor with my students (which I do every day), and I'm looking directly at a kid's shoes when they start blinking, I actually get "flash blindness". It's so annoying! I would bet that some of my migraines have been caused by them.

There's a 20 page topic created last year about a mom who's daughter was asked to not wear those shoes to school. I though "what's the big deal? light up shoes have been around for ages". Then I finally saw them in the stores and on a couple of girls in the mall. They are extremely bright, and distracting in a very well lit place. I couldn't imagine seeing those in a classroom.

They are cool shoes, but I can understand the reason for teachers and schools to not be happy with them.

I do like the Sketcher brand of shoes, never had a problem with them, but more for casual wear. Just got a new pair of the D'lites a few months ago.

Worse yet (by far), how about the sneakers that literally play a Hanah Montana song when you move? I could NOT believe my eyes and ears when one of my daughters little friends wore them to school. I was thinking "oh man, that's not going to go over well in class today!" LOL

They were $14.99 at my local store. I love these for my kids. My dd wears them everywhere. They are here favorite and she just outgrew hers. I love that when we are at Seaworld I can find her in the dark because of these shoes.

They were 14.99 in my store. My niece is almost in a 9...so I picked up a toddlers 9 in one style and I picked up a 10 in a different style to put away for Christmas. Nothing was marked in my store...but our clerk was like "let people know..I want to move these out"

Thank you, OP! I got a very happy six year old two pairs - one in current size, one in the next size up. A very excited eight year old boy got the manlier version, and I got a toddler pair for my niece for her birthday in a few weeks. I wish I had gone yesterday when they were $10, but I was still thrilled at $15!

Yes, my kinder child was told not to wear these. Which really stinks because shoes and a backpack are the only things she gets to pick (uniforms) and I had to tell her no:confused:

Not only are these shoes very bright, they are distracting for the child wearing them and the other kids. Imagine a child sitting in a group hitting the shoes repeatedly to make them light up.....very disruptive! (and yes, this might be your little angel--kids will be kids!)

They are outlawed in our school district! At first, I couldn't imagine why- but then I saw a kid who wore a pair to the movie theater!!! OOOOHHHH, MY!!! They should be outlawed there too! SOOOOOO annoying.

BUT, they are cute! Just check to make sure your kid can actally wear them to school! I'd love to buy my daughters a pair and just wear them when they aren't at school- or at the movie theater!!!

I went to Footlocker today and picked up some of the boots. SOOOO darling! They are priced at $58, which I would never pay! But for $14.99, heck yes! :banana:
Thanks OP!

I picked up a pair today for $9.99 (they were marked $9.99 and $14.99 and the manager gave them to me for the cheaper price). Anyway, I told my DD they are not every day shoes, more like dress up type things. She's happy, but will still wear her nice Nikes to school. Usually $50, btw, and not all pairs light up.

Do you know how long this sale will last? I might try and find a kids foot locker, tomorrow.

I had sold DD's for $15. Then I ended up buying her another pair for $5. Thanks to a JCP coupon! $10 off a $10+ purchase. Thank You, JCP!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter