• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Skechers Shape-Ups..

Mine are pretty (pink and blue). I've even gotten compliments about how they are pretty. I LOVE them and they seem to work well!

OK, I am not a fan of these at all. Anything that 'makes it easy' to excersize isn't really giving you a full excersize. I was actually given a pair of these for Christmas. I've worn them to work...5 days a week...

They teach you to walk the WRONG WAY!!!! Ask any foot Dr. A person is supposed to walk fast/run LANDING on the foot right under the toes...NOT on the heel of your foot. Landing on the heel of your foot puts tremendous pressure on your legs. When you land on your foot, your leg is not supposed to be straight. My podietrist (sp???) said to stay away from these shoes! He actually told me to stop wearing them. People who wear these frequently will have foot and walking problems in the future...Sure, they are great for the first months, or even a year- but after that knees, feet and legs will not like you!

I was watching a tv clip on the 700 club about these shoes and the fittness expert said that these shoes are not worth the money. There are too many 'padded shoes' for people who don't need the padding. YES, some people need that padding. BUT, when you think about the 1,000's of REALLY GOOD runners and fast walkers, they have the LEAST amount of padding (think of countries like Africa or like that...they come to the USA and KILL our times in races!!! It's all about the shoes they wear!)

Not saying we all need to be runners or faster or the best, but if we 'teach' our bodies to become USE TO these types of products, we won't ever walk properly.

NOT supposed to be straight? Then just how is my leg supposed to be when i walk? That's a serious question btw, no sarcasm.

FTR I don't own any of these shoes, but have tried on the Target version cause I work there. If i wore these it'd be because of how they'd make my ankle feel at the end of 8hrs. on my feet. I broke my ankle yrs ago and its full of hardware. I've recovered nicely but oftentimes at the end of my day normal weight shoes are way TOO heavy on it and it bothers. I also know that this particular ankle comes down more to the outside of the tread rather than equal. Once the tread is unequal then my ankle starts to sing. Although from my short trial I will say it doesn't seem like I'm Landing on the heel of my foot when I walked. It seemed equally distributed to me. :confused3

My mom has a pair of these. She's on her feet all day (she works in a school cafeteria). She said they are comfortable and she used to have feet problems- now not so much. She paid about $100 for them but if you want a good pair of shoes it's best to pay full price and not half price for a knock off that will come apart in a few months.

My mom has a pair of these. She's on her feet all day (she works in a school cafeteria). She said they are comfortable and she used to have feet problems- now not so much. She paid about $100 for them but if you want a good pair of shoes it's best to pay full price and not half price for a knock off that will come apart in a few months.

Well my problem is that with my ankle once the tread becomes uneven then my ankle complains. So no matter what I pay usually if I get 6 months out of my work shoes then its a good buy. I'm not about to pay $200 some odd dollars when i don't know how long a shoe is going to last me. I know that's for the MBTs but since you said full price I went with the originals. And I'm not even about to pay $100. I pay about $40 now for my work shoes although that's an outlet price for my Bass shoes. They so far have been the best as far as lasting, but still heavy at the end of the day.

OK, I am not a fan of these at all. Anything that 'makes it easy' to excersize isn't really giving you a full excersize. I was actually given a pair of these for Christmas. I've worn them to work...5 days a week...

They teach you to walk the WRONG WAY!!!! Ask any foot Dr. A person is supposed to walk fast/run LANDING on the foot right under the toes...NOT on the heel of your foot. Landing on the heel of your foot puts tremendous pressure on your legs. When you land on your foot, your leg is not supposed to be straight. My podietrist (sp???) said to stay away from these shoes! He actually told me to stop wearing them. People who wear these frequently will have foot and walking problems in the future...Sure, they are great for the first months, or even a year- but after that knees, feet and legs will not like you!

I was watching a tv clip on the 700 club about these shoes and the fittness expert said that these shoes are not worth the money. There are too many 'padded shoes' for people who don't need the padding. YES, some people need that padding. BUT, when you think about the 1,000's of REALLY GOOD runners and fast walkers, they have the LEAST amount of padding (think of countries like Africa or like that...they come to the USA and KILL our times in races!!! It's all about the shoes they wear!)

Not saying we all need to be runners or faster or the best, but if we 'teach' our bodies to become USE TO these types of products, we won't ever walk properly.
I don't know who your doctor is but proper walking technique has always been a rolling motion from heel to toe with your heel striking first and then pushing off to your next step off your toe.

Also, when running, (these shoes are NOT for running BTW) you are supposed to land mid-foot as landing at the base of the toe will cause your calves to do too much work, which can lead to shin splints. Running on your toes can also lead to bouncing, which is an inefficient way to run.

Watch any professional runner out there and you will see they do not run on their toes.

As I said earlier, these shoes don't seem to enhance my workout when walking but they are comfortable and, if anything, they make walking less strenuous. I have a bone spur on my big toe and when I wear the Shape ups that toe doesn't really hurt at all unless I tweak it good. When I walked yesterday and today in my normal shoes, that bone spur tweaked a lot more often.

Not saying the shape ups are bad shoes but just that they are not the work out enhancers they claim to be. And yes, I would buy another pair based on how they feel with my foot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter