Sizes of Crowds Chart

Pigletandpooh

Disney Princess At Heart!
Hi
I know i was looking on a disnye site once and saw a chart with the crowd sizes rated day to day from 1-5 or something like that...does anyone have the link to this...i would love to compare a few dates..we are thinking of going sometime in the fall..but want to pick the best time

Thanks

Nicole :cool1:

Looks pretty accurate to me, although the numbers for October seem to be on the low side - but the Unofficial Guide has been "off" for that time of the year for a while now (maybe because the share of locals/frequent visitors is disproportionally high during that time because of special events, who aren't as easily captured using hotel occupancy figures and tourism data).

Still, Len Testa's work has made a great contribution to the Disney community, and I credit him from turning the Unofficial Guide into the excellent resource that it is today (unlike the mediocre, outdated product it was just a few years ago).

wdwguide said:
Looks pretty accurate to me, although the numbers for October seem to be on the low side - but the Unofficial Guide has been "off" for that time of the year for a while now (maybe because the share of locals/frequent visitors is disproportionally high during that time because of special events, who aren't as easily captured using hotel occupancy figures and tourism data).

Still, Len Testa's work has made a great contribution to the Disney community, and I credit him from turning the Unofficial Guide into the excellent resource that it is today (unlike the mediocre, outdated product it was just a few years ago).

I so agree

and after going last Oct during Columbus day and experiencing crowds larger than in July - I was so unprepared - and upset - now I'm preparing for larger than 5 crowds!! (for this upcoming Oct trip!) (and I remember coming home and re looking at the crowd levels, in tears thinking IF THAT WAS A 6 - I'm never going back!!)

More and more school systems are adding Fall Breaks to their schedules. A majority of these "fall" into a 3 week period in October. Many families look at this as a good time to visit WDW due to good weather (except for tropical storms and hurricanes) and low crowds (maybe not anymore).

Spring Breaks seem to be more evenly spread over a longer time period, but also include colleges which increases the population of people interested in going to WDW then. I don't think colleges are big on Fall Breaks but as mentioned above, Fall Breaks occur for the most part during a more compact time period.

I've got the feeling that crowds-in-October is here to stay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter