Size of the Studios

OKSTATE99

Mouseketeer
I was wondering what the size of the studios at VWL, BWV, and the new BCV are or going to be? And are they considered roomy for 2 adults and a toddler . Also which of the these have balconies all units or just floors or what. Thanks for all of your help

2 adults and a toddler will have plenty of room. If your like us, you wouldn't want your toddler to sleep in a room by him/her self.

Most have balconies.

At the risk of starting a feud, I'll post my anecdotal experience based on our stay at the BW last Christmas. :)

Bear in mind we had 4 adults and one child in a studio with a day bed, and we'd just come from a 2 BR at Vero Beach...our views are prejudiced. :)

We found the room to feel small. By square footage, it shouldn't, but it felt cramped. The entry area is smallish, and with the wet bar area right near the bathroom sink area, it seemed cramped. Maybe because we had left all of our luggage in the 'entry alcove' area and all of our food and film and daily carrying bagage in the wet bar area. :p

The bathroom is, by any standards, small....I felt cramped in there all by my self while doing, uhm, research with the unofficial guide. ;)

The main room is fairly roomy. The sofabed takes up a bit of room when pulled out, but with that put away, its comfortable enough. The table is pretty small...about a 2 person max, and the daybed was in an area where I'd normally think about dropping luggage.

With just the two of you and a child, the room should be more than adequate so long as you don't sprawl stuff like we tend to do. Filling the wet bar counter certainly makes it seem more cluttered.

With the curtains drawn, it also feels smaller, since the room was pretty dark. Opening the curtains helped expand the feel of the room, especially since we had a great view of the main pool framed nicely between two trees.

Now, from what I've read, the BWV, VWL, and BCV are all alike in general room sizes...OKW is supposedly roomier (by sq. footage) and airier (by design and paint scheme)...From what I remember of the tour we took at VWL when they first opened, the theming of the room might make it feel smaller as there were alot more dark greens and wood colors.

I hope this helps,
Joe

All of us on this board are constantly warning newbies not to get a 1 bedroom "just to try" 'cause they'd be spoiled forever. (That's how we ended up buying in!) And you went from a TWO bedroom back to a studio? Shoulda known better!!

Originally posted by mikesmom
All of us on this board are constantly warning newbies not to get a 1 bedroom "just to try" 'cause they'd be spoiled forever. (That's how we ended up buying in!) And you went from a TWO bedroom back to a studio? Shoulda known better!!

Well, if we had more points....and if the weekends didn't cost so much... :)

Actually, it was a 'last' minute decision...in october my sister decided she wanted to be insane and visit WDW for at least a few days to see the Christmas decorations (she's a teacher, so no vaca for her during the slow weeks)...and darned if I was going to pay for a hotel when I had a home there already! I was quite surprised we got a room at all given that it was christmas week and so late in the year for ressies. :)

Once we get past our next obligatory take the family members trip, we'll be living it up in 1BR's for the forseeable future. (except maybe on weekends, or maybe if we add on points...or if they reduce the weekend cost...) :)

-Joe

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter