Size of Disney Magic versus Carnival Triumph

GONETODISNEY

Mouseketeer
This may be a silly question, but does anyone know how the size of the Disney Magic compares to the size of the Carnival Triumph? My son has asked me this question since our last cruise several years ago was on the Triumph. does any one have any idea?

Thanks

Triumph
Gross Tonnage: 101,509
Length: 893 Feet
Beam: 116 Feet
Cruising Speed: 21 knots
Guest Capacity: 2,758 (double occupancy)
Total Staff: 1,100
Registry: The Bahamas

Magic is 864 ft. 84K Tons and I belive 103 ft wide.

Sean

If the Triumph is a Spirit class ship like the Pride, then it's real close to the same size as the Magic. We had rooms on Deck 7 aft on Magic and Pride and they were almost identical in size and layout!

Hey Pppiglet, how was the Carnival cruise compared to your Disney cruise? I mean, was it worth it, or is it just better to keep saving up to do another Disney? I was thinking about going on the Carnival next summer do to the cost difference.

Triumph
Gross Tonnage: 101,509
Length: 893 Feet
Beam: 116 Feet
Cruising Speed: 21 knots
Guest Capacity: 2,758 (double occupancy)
Total Staff: 1,100
Registry: The Bahamas

Magic is 864 ft. 84K Tons and I belive 103 ft wide.

Sean

Correction: The Magic and Wonder are 964 ft, the rest was close enough not to correct. The ships are similar in size except for the length. The Miracle sails out of Miami, the Magic and Wonder sails from Port Canaveral 60 miles from Walt Disney World. ;)

The Miracle also sails out of NYC....my parents are on the Miracle on May 3rd and my son is on the Miracle in June. It will be sailing from NYC for most of the summer on 8 night cruises to San Juan, St. Thomas and Tortola.

We did the exact same itinerary in summer of 2005 on the Legend. It was a great cruise!!!

If the Triumph is a Spirit class ship like the Pride, then it's real close to the same size as the Magic.

The Triumph is not a Spirit class ship, it much larger, a 101 thousand ton Destiny class "megaliner." Or put another way, think of the Triumph as an already existant version of a ship the size of what Disney is planning but will not have available for another 4-5 years.

The twin Apizod drives of the Triumph:
pod.jpeg

Her pool slide:
triumph1.jpg

Main atrium:
rotunda.jpg

Hey Pppiglet, how was the Carnival cruise compared to your Disney cruise? I mean, was it worth it, or is it just better to keep saving up to do another Disney? I was thinking about going on the Carnival next summer do to the cost difference.

I loved it. It was a 7 day Mex Riv. cruise, and it wasn't a bunch of partiers/drunks like people always comment about Carnival. It was totally worth the price difference. I figure I paid twice the amount just to see the mouse! (and the dinner rotation).

I loved it. It was a 7 day Mex Riv. cruise, and it wasn't a bunch of partiers/drunks like people always comment about Carnival. It was totally worth the price difference. I figure I paid twice the amount just to see the mouse! (and the dinner rotation).

I can second Piglet's opinion - we did the Carnival Miracle out of Tampa in February of '06, and had previously sailed on the Carnival Inspiration out of San Juan on a New Year's Cruise back in 1999. Both sailings were great, with the passenger demographics being much upscale and civilized than the outdated stereotype many people here presume. And the value can't be beaten - we had a top of the line suite on the Inspiration for what a Cat 6 costs on DCL!!!

The Triumph is not a Spirit class ship, it much larger, a 101 thousand ton Destiny class "megaliner." Or put another way, think of the Triumph as an already existant version of a ship the size of what Disney is planning but will not have available for another 4-5 years.

The ships Disney is planning will be 21k tons larger than the Triumph. The Triump weighs about 16k tons more than the Magic and Wonder, it is 10 feet wider, but 71 feet shorter (964 vs 893). The biggest difference is that the ship is two decks taller.

From my perspective it is appears to be shorter and taller, but not hugely different. Of course, I have not been on the Triumph so I can't say for sure but the dimensions would seem to support my opinion.

The biggest difference is that the ship is two decks taller.

That two decks more of space for accomodations and public spaces, which is a significant difference. As example, compared to the Magic the Triumph offers:

• More suite and balcony staterooms
  • A much larger and elegant main showroom
  • Six private dining room facilities for family groups of up to 30

Bottom line: length and breadth are not the sole metrics to focus on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter