Size of Beach Club w/c Club rooms

bryden

Earning My Ears
My friend and I are both in manual wheelchairs, and I have a service dog. We are all coming to WDW Dec..1-6/10 :yay:and are staying at the Beach Club Resort, Club Level garden view.Can anyone tell me how large these rooms are? The standard rooms are 380 square feet, but handicapped rooms should be significantly larger. I just want to know in advance if we will be cramped; we may be spending more time in the room than we have done on previous trips. Thanks.:dance3:

We have stayed in these rooms twice. Beach Club, concierge, garden view. There are 5 of us, with two power wheelchairs. We have had plenty of room and it has worked out very well for us. The chairs, unfortunately do not fit through the slider out onto the balcony. It can get a little crowded in the lounge, but people have been great with making room for us. The CM's have always been very helpful and are great at accomodating our special needs. We will be in the exact rooms the week after you! Enjoy!

The standard rooms are 380 square feet, but handicapped rooms should be significantly larger.

Why should those rooms be larger just because they are accessible?

WDW configurates their rooms to fit the required accessibility feature. They've decided to do that in the same sized rooms as "non accessible" rooms, which for rooms with a roll in shower could equal taking some space away from the "livingroomarea" to benefit the bathroom area, depending on resort and their room lay-outs. In specific cases where specific situations occur, Disney has shown to take care of things. Disney allows anybody needing accessibility features to book the same roomtype for the same price with the same max. occup. as they'ld allow any other guest that books a "non accessible" room.

If you want to get a picture; there's a sticky with lots of info on different roomtypes at different resorts on the top of this disABILITIES board. Not sure if the CL type rooms are on there, but do remember seeing some BC rooms on there. As long as you compare a roomtype that's the same size, you should get a rather "on the dot" picture.

As Goofieslonglostsis mentioned, the accessible rooms are not any larger. They do have more space dedicated to the bathroom so there will actually be less space in the room itself. You will still "fit" in a regular room with two wheelchairs though as there is plenty of room to navigate around the beds. I travel also with a service dog and stay at WDW resorts frequently. Your room at BC will have two queen beds and room on either side for each of you to park your wheelchairs and transfer with plenty of room for your SD to relax.---Kathy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter