• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Sixt at MCO?

bazzanoid

where'sthespacebar?
Hi guys!

Has anyone used Sixt at MCO? I know it's slightly off-terminal, but it's coming out slightly cheaper for a convertible than any of the on-terminal ones :)

Reading through their T&Cs, it notes that a deposit of "up to three times the amount of the rental" may be blocked on the renter's card, the exact amount depends on the vehicle itself. That's up to £1500!!! I won't have that kind of money spare on a card.... :confused3

Anyone had any experience of them and varying deposit amounts?

:goodvibes

Hi - we used Sixt at MCO in Oct/Nov and were very happy. There was a tip on here about a great rate for the luxury car class (£65 for the week!) and we snapped it up.

We waited a very short time for the shuttle and they seemed really well organised when we were on there calling one another to let them know guests were waiting to be collected. The staff were friendly and efficient. When we got to the office (5 mins or so) we were in an out in five minutes and our top spec Mercedes was waiting right outside the office door. The office was easy to find on return and the driver even told us which gas station to use on the way back so we didn't get one of the really expensive ones near the airport.

It was a real bargain for us. Even without the deal we would definitely think about using them again.

Not sure what you can do about the CC deposit - we have American Express which doesn't have a limit so we actually didn't realise.

Hope some of that helps. :wave2:

Laura that reassures me so much!

I've got a rental through them for 3 weeks :-)banana::banana::banana:) time and getting from the plane to the villa is the bit I'm most stressed out about.

Can you tell me what sort of shuttle bus was it? Bus-like or a mini-bus?

Just trying to work out the best logistics for getting luggage, two car seats, a double buggy, a four year old and a 10 month old to the car rental place. Oh, and I'm the only adult as my hubby is flying out seperately 3 days later and my parents have to go to the Alamo place for their car.

Also, did they offer any toll card type thing? My mum was talking about theirs tonight and I don't recall it being an option at SixT.

Lizzi said:
Laura that reassures me so much!

I've got a rental through them for 3 weeks :-)banana::banana::banana:) time and getting from the plane to the villa is the bit I'm most stressed out about.

Can you tell me what sort of shuttle bus was it? Bus-like or a mini-bus?

Just trying to work out the best logistics for getting luggage, two car seats, a double buggy, a four year old and a 10 month old to the car rental place. Oh, and I'm the only adult as my hubby is flying out seperately 3 days later and my parents have to go to the Alamo place for their car.

Also, did they offer any toll card type thing? My mum was talking about theirs tonight and I don't recall it being an option at SixT.

We used Sixt in October (they didnt have young drivers surcharge and DBF is 23!), and it was so easy! Went to the pickup, gave them our suitcases and the driver put them in the mini bus type shuttle. I dont have kids so im not sure what the protocol is for car seats etc! X

Well I'm bringing my own car seats *** I can't justify the ENORMOUS expense of hiring two for two weeks when Virgin will carry them for free and I need them for the taxi down to the airport anyway!

It's all fun and games - I'm thinking the best thing to do would be for my parents to take the kids and I take my step-bro and his gf on the shuttle.

Glad to be of help! The bus was a mini bus type but very large and roomy. I would think you will be fine with your luggage.

Not sure about the Sunpass. We didn't ask for one and it was never mentioned. I was most concerned about ensuring they didn't put it on automatically which I had read some of the other companies are doing.

Have a great time!:cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter