six months until christmas, are you ready?

For the love of all that is holy, can we have the flippin 4th of July before they start pressuring us to shop???!

I'm with the crowd that wants to have Christmas season start the day after Thanksgiving. Made it all more special.

I had a dream this morning that I was Christmas shopping:rotfl: Then I see this thread.

BTW--I was buying Uggs:upsidedow Of course then the store I was in turned into somewhere else, and my boss was there- ended really really wierd:eek:

For the love of all that is holy, can we have the flippin 4th of July before they start pressuring us to shop???!

I'm with the crowd that wants to have Christmas season start the day after Thanksgiving. Made it all more special.

Does this mean I shouldn't start a thread on when to put the tree up? :confused3 It's really raining hard here today. It would've been a great way to pass the day. :laughing:

I've already picked up a couple of small things. I'll buy things when I see them because (1) if I wait, I'll never be able to find the item again and (2) I like to get my shopping done as much in advance of Christmas as possible. My goal each year has been to have my Christmas shopping done before December so I can spend December wrapping, baking, enjoying the holidays... I'm not always completely successful, but it does make life easier for me when I have most of the stuff out of the way.

I Christmas shop year 'round. I try to be finished shopping by Thanksgiving so I can relax and enjoy the holidays. I don't like the pressure of shopping in December. I buy for 30 people and it takes a long time to find that many gifts I like. :laughing: I used to do all my Christmas shopping in December when I was younger, and I was always very stressed trying to find the perfect gifts. I didn't enjoy the season. For the past ten years I've done the "Christmas Countdown" starting in late October, and my Christmases have been so much more enjoyable now that they are organized and stress free. I also like spreading out the cost throughout the year so I never have any Christmas debt. I also get a lot more bang for my buck by shopping sales.

This is the first year in a long time I know what I am giving my girls (my main gift getters) for Christmas. I didn't mean to start this early but I won ione on Ebay last week. (They are getting Vera Bradley backpacks and disney dollars). All I can say is thank goodness pinecone pays into Paypal now and I forgot that I had it there.....pinecone paid for it!!:goodvibes

Only 6 months? damn I better get shopping. :teeth: No worries though the tree goes up in Nov.

This time last year I already had a few gifts put aside for Christmas, just because I saw somethings that would be perfect for a few people. They ended up loving them, and because I started early I just added to everyone's gifts throughout the year. I like to get all my shopping (or at least most) before Thanksgiving. It makes going to the mall during the holidays more fun, because you can just enjoy it, instead of fighting people.

I haven't gotten anyone anything yet, so I guess I'm already behind ;)

I am dreading Christmas this year. My wife really wants to go to New York and I really do not. :headache:

Does this mean I shouldn't start a thread on when to put the tree up? :confused3 It's really raining hard here today. It would've been a great way to pass the day. :laughing:

I double dare you to start the "where is the x-mas tree going?" thread!:lmao:

I heard this on the radio this morning and all I could think is, can we at least get through Halloween first? I mean, I'm the person who shops for everyone between 3 days to a week:headache: before christmas. When do you think you'll start your x-mas:santa: shopping?

My shopping is half finished. For the kids, I have most of the big gifts either purchased or planned. I have everything for hubby's side of the family already bought and wrapped and stored down cellar! My side will most likely receive gift cards and I haven't planned out each one, yet, but I can buy them in one trip to the grocery store most likely. I do love Black Friday and I am counting on some big sales this year to help me buy the rest of the things I need.

Oh and I already bought my son the drum kit he really really wants and his birthday isn't until November, it was on sale so I snagged it this weekend and wrapped it up and am hiding it with the Christmas gifts!:woohoo:

Haven't officially started, but I do go ahead and buy things early if I happen to find something special. So I have a couple of things tucked away already.

My folks' gifts will be done by mid-November, though, as they spend most of the winter down south, and that is usually the last time we see them until February vacation.

The rest will not be done until closer to Christmas.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter