Six Flags season pass discounts?

taaren

DIS Veteran
We have a Six Flags about 10 minutes from our house (Discovery Kingdom), and I thought it would be a nice thing to do on weekends with DS7 during the summer, especially since there's also a Six Flags owned water park about 20 minutes in the other direction which is included in the season pass last I checked.

I had an season pass almost ten years ago, which I upgraded for very little $$ from a 2-for-1 coupon that got me in the gate. Its not Disney, but since we won't be able to afford getting to Disney until much later in the year I'd like to get 3 passes for DH, DS, and I. Its only $55 for the passes, but I'd like it better if it was even less money!

Anybody have any tricks to get cheaper season passes? (Or cheaper tickets I could upgrade?)

Too late for this year but you can keep it in mind for next year. They are usually cheaper in the fall. I bought ours for St. Louis in Oct for 44.95 each and it included free parking for the year.

Right now the Six Flags website has a deal where if you buy and process your season passes by Sunday, you get one free parking pass. I don't know if you can get there this weekend but that is a good deal, especially if you plan to visit often :)

My husband and son get their passes in Oct. They usually get the deal where you can go to Fright Fest and you get the season pass for the next season. They usually go to FF twice. Then they get coupon booklets where my son can invite friends to go with free day passes.

I agree with pps - the best deals are in the fall.

my 2012 passes were $50 each, with only one free parking pass (bought at Great Escape fall 2011)

my 2013 passes were $45 each, included free parking for EACH pass, and with a free upgrade to the "better" pass they introduced for this year (more discounts, parking is valid at all parks not just home park) - bought at Six Flags New England fall 2012

With a single adult admission being $42 at Great Escape and parking $12 per day, this is a HUGE savings for us. I like having the free parking at all parks also, because the 2 parks I mentioned are almost the same distance from my house and we might also hit Great Adventure this year.

I agree, it's not Disney, but with less than a 2 hour drive i can entertain my kids as many summer/fall weekends as I want on the cheap!

I think for $55 each you can't go wrong, but just google Six Flags discounts to see if you can find something. 2011 I only had 2 passes, and I used bring-a-friend free coupon for my younger DD each time we went. It saved me the $55 for a third pass.

I wish I had looked at this earlier today ... I hadn't realized it was the last day to buy the tickets with the free pass. I still got the $55 for 4 passes + 5% off with my Discover, (a single friend went in on it with us to make it $10 cheaper for everybody) but won't be able to get the free parking since DH & DS6 won't be moving over for a few more weeks. Oh well. $200 for 3 passes + parking isn't horrible, if we go at least 5 times it'll be a lot of entertainment at $40/visit for the whole family. And we'll probably go every other weekend for the summer so its worth it. :confused3

Appreciate the advice everybody. Will have to buy our passes earlier for next year (we didn't know we'd be living in this state last fall).

Reading this thread, it looks my like local Six Flags charges way more for the pass than the other Six Flags parks in the chain. I bought my pass last fall and it was $59.99 and that was a special discount for current season passholders, and then season pass parking was another $60!

I live near Six Flags Over Texas, which is an entirely different park but I know that as a whole seasons passes across the country are cheaper in the Fall - end of December. In 2012, we purchased our 2013 passes during Fright Fest for $59.99 a person and received an upgrade to the better pass with free parking all year. You might want to check on the water park being free, our Hurricane Harbor is owned by Six Flags and is only a few miles down the road but is a separate season pass.

Reading this thread, it looks my like local Six Flags charges way more for the pass than the other Six Flags parks in the chain.

Same here. I'm not sure how much they were in the fall, but I recently bought them 'discounted' at $79.99 each (which included the water park), and that was discounted because we bought more than 4. The theme park alone was $69.99 if you bought 4+.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter