Six Bits' HDD Schedule?

ginadv

Mouseketeer

Hi Everyone,

This is my first post here on the camping board (or on any board!) and I just wanted to say thanks for all of the great info. I've especially enjoyed TCD and Shanta's :santa: fantastic trip reports and photos. TCD, your sleuthing and mystery solving is fantastic popcorn:: and a couple of times I've just laughed right out loud.

Anyhow, my husband and three little girls and I will be at the fort over July 4th this year (which I already fear is craziness) but DH is a school teacher (band and music) and we can't get down there during the school year. So we'll be at the fort in the cabins from 6/30-7/8. Gave ourselves a nice, long time so we don't have to cram it all in. We're avid tent campers, but schlepping all that gear on a plane with the girlies isn't appealing. DH and I camped at the fort once years ago before we were married. Very fun.

So I'm sure I'll have a bunch of questions, but the one that I haven't found an answer to yet is about Six Bits' schedule. I read TCD's 7/4 TR about bumping into him at the CR. We've got ADR for HDD on 7/4 and are hoping for Shanta's real Six Bits. Did this ever get posted?

Anyhow, thanks for letting me "lurk." I look forward to joining this group while I plan over the next several months. We've already reserved a cart from Kenny and can't wait to join in on the "looping." I think it's going to be a blast.

Kind Regards,
Gina:)

:welcome:

I have never seen a schedule for which CM's are working the HHDR. If there is one I would like to know about it myself.

And "YES" you will have a blast.:thumbsup2

The only thing (that I think) I know about this, is that due to personal commitments the heavier SixBits is unlikely to be at work on Friday nights in any of his various roles. Other than that, you will just have to hang around the first show, see who goes in, and hope for a table/cancellation for a later seating. Oh, thanks for the compliment, btw, I'm glad you enjoyed my trip reports... Hopefully I'll have another one day!

We are doing HDD on the 4th also (5:15 show)

bookwormde

Welcome, ginadv! Thanks for the kind words about my trip reports!

I'm sorry that I can't tell you Six Bits' schedule. He did tell us when we ran into him at the Contemporary Resort back in July, but I didn't commit it to memory. I know that he performs at the HDDR four nights a week, and that Bix Sits performs the other three.

Honestly, I wouldn't plan my trip around Six Bit's schedule. While many folks prefer one actor over another, the truth of the matter is that all of the performers are talented, and the HDDR is a blast no matter who is playing the role of Six Bits.

Also, the fellow that we refer to as the real Six Bits plays many roles at WDW. Folks on the boards here have seen him playing Tony at Tony's restaurant in the Magic Kingdom, and I ran into him when he was playing the role of a pirate on one of the pirate cruises. Even if there is a regular schedule that he is following now, that could easily change over the next six months.

Have fun planning your trip, and if you have any other questions, please be sure to ask. There are a lot of folks here who are happy to help.

TCD

Hi All,

Thanks for the greetings and info.

We're booked for the 5pm HDD on the 4th. It's our anniversary and we're going to Ohana at the Poly on the 3rd for fireworks on the beach there, so our itinerary is pretty set. We'll take our chances with the cast and I'm sure it's going to be super. If I hadn't read about the Six Bits/Bix Sits swap on here, I'm sure I wouldn't have ever given it a thought!

Bookworm, maybe we'll see you then!

I can't believe how sucked in I am to all of this--we just booked our airfare so I'm hoping the novelty will wear off a bit in the next couple of weeks. This trip is 7 months away and I cannot afford to continue to nurture my budding WDW/FW obsession!

gina

I'm hoping the novelty will wear off a bit in the next couple of weeks. This trip is 7 months away and I cannot afford to continue to nurture my budding WDW/FW obsession!
Sorry to say, but you're hooked. It really doesn't get better. My wife just looks at me and shakes her head and mumbles "geek" under her breath. I don't care.

I make it to WDW every 2-3 years and for a year or so before we go I'm on here everyday. I forgot my password and changed my email so I had to make a new ID on here, otherwise I'm one of those 1000+ post people.

j

For a long time my wife just gave me the look and complained when I had her read the post on a thread. A couple weeks ago her job was slow and she pulled up the camping boards. Now she reads daily and has even started posting. :rotfl2: Hah, we have her now! :rotfl:

P.S.

:welcome:

Shan Man, How did the Christmas Season gig go?
Sorry to be so long in responding... I have a lot of things vying for my attention of late. I had a wonderful season. More business than I had any right to expect. A lot of wonderful memories. It's really amazing how sharing in the Christmas memories of people you just met can have such a deep impact on you. I can't imagine ever NOT being Santa again!

ShantaClausSm.png

So, how can I tell which six bits I am seeing when I go to the show, and what's the difference? When talking to the folks at the ticket window, if there were choices between different nights how would I ask for the right one?

The key is to go and enjoy the show and the food. If you didn't know there were multiple actors in various roles, you wouldn't care. So go and enjoy and assume you have seen the best show. I don't know who we saw around Christmas, but the show was good, the food was good, and the ambience was fun. Do they rotate other actors? I don't know. I don't care.

The key is to go and enjoy the show and the food. If you didn't know there were multiple actors in various roles, you wouldn't care. So go and enjoy and assume you have seen the best show. I don't know who we saw around Christmas, but the show was good, the food was good, and the ambience was fun. Do they rotate other actors? I don't know. I don't care.

EXACTLY! The show is great regardless, I have seen so many different actors in HDDR now that I enjoy what each one brings to the show. Go, have a pitcher on me, and enjoy the show!:thumbsup2

:thumbsup2 Good advice!

While I love the real Six Bits, if you don't know the difference, the fake one is fine. I'm sure all the actors rotate. This show has been going on for 35 or more years now, and they are still packing them in, so they must be doing something right.

TCD

Hi all-

Just wanted to add my six cents about this topic...teehee!

On Saturday, my family and I dined at HDDR for the 3rd time over the course of a year and a half. Each time we have had rotating characters except for Sixbits. We have been so worried to get "the other one" since after the first time when Sixbits really interacted with us and just totally made the show for us. Because we actually waited on standby for the 5PM, we were considering waiting until later to make sure it was the "right one" or even asking the always there soft-spoken guy at the ticket counter (if you're a regular, you know who I'm talking about!) if he could tell us if Sixbits was in A mode or B mode!

So speed ahead....today I decided to do a search for his name to learn more about "getting him each time" and found this thread. Would you believe that a few posts in I realized that my family actually prefers the lesser-loved "skinny" Sixbits, the "non-favorite" of the majority of the posters here? I watched a youtube of the heavier guy and honestly, I don't think we'd enjoy him quite as much. Just goes to show you.....!

I'm not worried about getting him at least once though because this thread made me realize that each person is different, and that's exactly why even though HDDR is a disboards member favorite, I always see people there looking bored and irritated, and even leaving early. :scared1:

For folks who have never seen the show, I completely 100% recommend to just book it for what's convenient for your trip and let the chips fall where they may! :hippie:

On another sidenote, we dined at Le Cellier for dinner, wanting to get it in one last before it became a signature, and we didn't have half as good of a time as we did at HDDR. :banana:

PS. Tricircle, I work in Tarpon Springs, neighbor!

we've seen a few six bitses (is that a word?!?!) over the past 10 years and each has their own great qualities. the original one that we saw on our first night of our first disney trip ever was a shorter stout fellow who since then we have seen as a pirate at MK and currenly we see him every visit at MK as a member of the barbershop quartet. his comedic timing was just awesome.

the six bits that we have been catching the last few years is much taller, not thin, but not terribly large either. he is a bit more over the top in his six bits but honestly he is just spectacular. my daughter cuts up just seeing him, before he ever does one of his jokes.

the moral of my very long story (sorry).... go reguardless of the six bits or any other charcter you get. they are all great and worth every cent of the price of the dinner/show. HOOP DEE DOO- YA HOO!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter