• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Sites where I can resell my hotel?

mum2threemonsters

Mouseketeer
Were umming and ahhing now as to whether to go in December and have permission from our hotel (Adagio) that we can pass the booking on to someone else, although we arent entitled to a refund.

We are finding it hard sticking to our saving budget before christmas and are kind of regretting booking something at such short notice. Therefore, what Im wondering is does anyone know any sites other than ebay where I can advertise it? It cost rather a lot as its over NYE.

Thanks DLP its worth a shot!

Such a shame really as weve got 2 options, resell it and miss out or go but struggle up until xmas and miss out on doing the things we love doing on the run up to Christmas!:-(

You could maybe try on Craiglist as they have both UK and French sites (in English) or on Ebay in the UK. :)

whats the detais? how many nights/hotel for how many? might sell it on here?

You can't ;)

http://www.wdwinfo.com/guidelines.htm

For sale ads are strictly prohibited on any of the DISboards. Anyone posting such ads will have their post deleted. This same policy applies to links to your ebay/auction listings . "For sale" posts includes requests for donations (see below). In addition, "Vote for me" posts are not permitted on the DIS. This includes requests for support in an online contest, sweepstakes, lottery or other event designed to yield personal gain.

no, definitely no selling allowed on DISboards.

Its ok I will stick to ebay! I tried Gumtree but my add disapeared. Its hard work finding the energy to repost something you dont really want to sell lol!

Im just surprised there isnt a well known site other than ebay where people can sell hotels and pre paid bookings as it must happen all the time. I thought it was me forgetting about something very well known!

Oh well whats meant to be and all that!

Its ok I will stick to ebay! I tried Gumtree but my add disapeared. Its hard work finding the energy to repost something you dont really want to sell lol!

Im just surprised there isnt a well known site other than ebay where people can sell hotels and pre paid bookings as it must happen all the time. I thought it was me forgetting about something very well known!

Oh well whats meant to be and all that!

There are sites that specialize here in France but I don't know how reliable they are or if you could join them not been in France :confused3

Just looking through Google brings this one

http://www.cancelon.com/

Could be worth having a clear out and selling old junk and toys etc on eBay to fund your trip?

We could just about afford it but its hard saying no all the time. We both took a day off to go christmas shopping with the kids on Monday and treated ourselves to Costa and Pizza Hut and realised we really miss being able to do these spontanous things especially on the run up to christmas as we are always saving for our next trip. No doubt the holiday would be amazing, but its only for 6 days and were realising that with 3 kids birthdays in the next few weeks and then the 3 of them to buy for christmas, family (11 people) staying over for Christmas week and all the other bits that crop up needing paying we may have pushed ourselves a little too far stress wise!

Its been a case of we're being too greedy!

Awww what a shame :( is there no way you could change what you do at Xmas re gifts etc? My friend has a big family but they don't all buy for everyone they do a secret Santa so only buy for one person but have a budget of £50 so everyone gets a great gift and saves a fortune! What memories a new year break would give you and your kids :) I'd be gutted to sell it on and if it's already paid for eating can be done on the cheap while there and if the kids get any money for birthdays&christmas maybe suggest they spend that while there so you don't have to say no.....?

We could just about afford it but its hard saying no all the time. We both took a day off to go christmas shopping with the kids on Monday and treated ourselves to Costa and Pizza Hut and realised we really miss being able to do these spontanous things especially on the run up to christmas as we are always saving for our next trip. No doubt the holiday would be amazing, but its only for 6 days and were realising that with 3 kids birthdays in the next few weeks and then the 3 of them to buy for christmas, family (11 people) staying over for Christmas week and all the other bits that crop up needing paying we may have pushed ourselves a little too far stress wise!

Its been a case of we're being too greedy!

That's pretty much the exact same reason we're not going this Christmas. We have already been this year so it's not like we've missed out entirely but we are always saving for trips and just decided not to for a little while. Our deposit will be going down for Florida in April so the saving will begin again then anyway!

Aw, what a shame. I think if it were me I'd bite the bullet and go now that you're already booked but I can understand your reasoning for cancelling.

There's a very fine line between saving hard and not depriving yourself too much and it's not always easy to get it right.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter