• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Sites I saw last week

Status
Not open for further replies.

kokomom

Earning My Ears
We just returned from our trip. While we had a fantastic time some of the things we saw were unbelievable.

- People eating in pj's or robes in the concierge lounge of the Polynesian.

- People wearing bikinis who had no right to wear one.

- So many women with tatoos...mostly lower back area showing when the bikini they shouldn't have been wearing was on.

- Children at EPCOT playing in mister/fountains in their UNDERWEAR ONLY! I am talking girls who were over 4 years old (under 7).

- Lots of hairy men--some with shorts on that you could see the crack!

- People in shorts that were too tight/small.

- Women who needed bras without them.

- Children old enough to know better trying to cut in line. Parents making their own lines cutting in front of others who had been waiting.

- Stroller pushers shoving their way into people. Yes, you have a right to use your stroller, but DON'T walk into me with it...or push me.

- Probably the most unusual thing...a larger man who was lopsided in his stomach. We were trying to figure out if he had a tumor or something (SAD). He was large to start with...then had a protrusion on one side of his belly.

I won't comment on the other statements, but the last gentleman probably had a hernia.

These are things I would chalk up to..............
It's a free country and to each his own!

I hope to be too busy having fun to pay attention to others poor taste in fashion ...........I go to enjoy the parks, not criticize others.

4 mose days!!!!!!!!! YIPPPPEEEEE:Pinkbounc

Ah, people watching, it can be an very interesting world.

Did you happen to see Mickey Mouse?

How about Fantasmic?

Or did you have time to catch a parade?

momxx5:

Yes, we saw Mickey and Minnie. Buzz, Woody, the dwarfs, Goofy and Pluto, etc. I have several pictures of my boys with them.

We saw Fantamsmic on Friday night...it was fabulous. We saw the Electric (light) parade one evening at the MK.

We saw the majority of the shows...Indiana Jones, Honey I Shrunk the Audience, Bugs Life, etc.

cindyfan:

It is impossible not to notice people...I just commented on the different types of people. I didn't expect people to think I just made fun of the people I saw. And yes we had a FANTASTIC time!

I am greatly amused by what people choose to wear. Do these folks look in the mirror and think they look good? After having three kids, with an average birth weight of 10 lbs, I can attest to the fact that CLOTHES ARE OUR FRIENDS. They can cover so much! Why doesn't everyone realize that ?

I work in a large office building full of lawyers, bankers and accountants ... occasionally I'll see an office worker in a sequinned dress that would be too dressy for most cocktail parties. What makes her think that that dress is appropriate? Or on the other end of the spectrum, this summer I saw plenty of women in flowered capri's and brightly colored tops, looking like they were going to a picnic (or WDW) rather than going to work at a law firm.

If we all dressed alike, life would be a lot duller!

I just commented on the different types of people
HMMMMMM...........
But you didn't make mention of the beautiful young couple on their honeymoon dressed in Tommy polo shirts and wearing bride and groom MM hats.

Or....the family of 6, mom, dad and 4 kids all under the age of 6.....all wearing red white and blue. All smiling and simply thrilled at the chance to be the grand martials of the parade.....

Or the mom and her DD celebrating her sweet 16th birthday at the LTT character dinner. Both wearing the same Mickey Mouse shirt and khaki colored shorts.

I hate to think that I would "amuse" someone because my taste in clothes does not match theirs.

Kokomom,

I'm with Cindyfan all the way here. We all people watch, and have our own thoughts on how people look and what they wear, do or say, but thats the point, they are OUR thoughts and opinions and most of us have the decency and courtesy to keep them to ourselves.

I'm curious to know what is so wonderful about you that makes you believe you have the right to pass comment on other people like this ?

I'll grant you, some of the behavior you saw doesn't seem particularly appropriate to me (pj's in a public area seems a bit odd/discourteous), but as a somewhat hairy, less than slim guy who has more than a few tattoos, I take offense at some of your other comments.

I've been extremely overweight, over 300 pounds at one point, at just 5 ft 9 tall. I was fortunate enough to be able to lose about 100 pounds. Some people dont have that chance. So, I know there are some things I wouldn't recommend the weightier members of our world to wear, but neither I nor you have the right to foist our unwanted opinions on anyone, thin, fat, hairy, short, tall or otherwise.

And as for the man with the lopsided stomach, let's not forget that not all fat people are over weight for the same reason I was, simply because we eat too much. Many have medical conditions that they suffer with for years. Count yourself lucky you aren't one of them rather than ridicule them.

I'm hairy, some people really dislike that, oddly enough I wouldn't choose to be as hairy as I am, but I have far too much other stuff of interest going on in my life to waste time caring about other peoples opinions of my hirsute-ness.

There are those of us who are not like the models we see every day on TV and in magazines, so we have a choice; listen to the opinions of small-minded people who would denegrate us for our imperfection, or acccept it, and get on with enjoying our lives in our way, whether it suits others or not - my enjoyment of a day at Disney, or anywhere, is in no way affected by seeing people in clothes that I personally wouldn't be seen dead in. It says a lot about you that these are the memories of your trip that you choose to share with us.

What gives you the right to suggest to anyone whether we or not we should wear a bikini, a bra, longer shorts, cut our hair a certain way, or change whatever else it is that offends your sensibilities ?

Cindy, there'a reason she didn't comment on all the pleasant things you mentioned above - eyes like hers dont see things like that.

I hope that your comments were meant to be fun, sadly they come over as anything but humourous.

My apologies to everyone if this seems a heavy handed response, but I simply cannot stand the kind of intolerant commments expressed here by the poster.

I give an opinion on what I saw...nothing mean...just comments about the different types of people I saw in the park. No one comments about the children who are too old playing in their underwear in a public fountain at Epcot. Instead it is how terrible I am to watch people and then tell about the things I took notice of during my trip. I enjoyed my time at the parks and with my family...I just told things that stood out to me. I didn't bash the people like some of you are doing to me. All over this board people say negative things about others and nothing is said to them...I start one thing and am some horrible person. What about those of you who are commenting on me. We all watch people...at least I am honest enough to admit that I do it!

After this I am gone from here...to be honest I don't want to associate with some of you pathetic people who won't admit to what you really are like and do.

A few of points :

"We all watch people...at least I am honest enough to admit that I do it! "

My response said :

"We all people watch, and have our own thoughts on how people look and what they wear, do or say, but thats the point, they are OUR thoughts and opinions and most of us have the decency and courtesy to keep them to ourselves."

You are so right, yet again...

"All over this board people say negative things about others and nothing is said to them..."

Show me an example and I'll happily admit I'm wrong to have criticised you.

"After this I am gone from here... to be honest I don't want to associate with some of you pathetic people who won't admit to what you really are like and do."

There's that non-judgemental approach again.

Close the door on the way out...

I don't think kokomom was being cruel, just making some observations of what some people believe is appropriate attire and/or behavior. We all people watch - you can't help it. Children playing in public in their underwear maybe ok for babies, but over 4! In this day and age with all the sick things that can happen to children. That is poor judgement.
We atleast do all have something in common. We are all big Disney fans! Let's celebrate that!

Since this is no longer a helpful trip planning thread, I am going to close it.

Have a great day, everyone!

Katholyn

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter