Sites for Spring Break

CampingDad

1214.5 miles from the mouse
I had a reservation saved for a premium site for the end of March 2012 and when i looked the other day the saved ressie was gone and there was no availabilty on the website. So I called the reservation number to see why from one day having full availability for any type of site and days I wanted to the next day having only the option of a tent site. I talked to a really nice woman on the phone and she was punching in all kinds of different dates to see what she could find available. She was stumped also so she put me on hold and a minute later she told me that Disney put a 13 night minimun on the campground. I know its spring break week but a 13 night minimun that seems a little crazy to me. She was able to get me my 11 night ressie after talking to her manager again but I just wanted to ask if anybody has ever heard of FW having a 13 night minimum before.

CampingDad,

I guess they fixed whatever it was. I just went in and checked arriving March 10, 2013 and out on March 16, 2013 (Sun-Sat) and it came up with all four levels available. :confused3

As FYI, you can always book longer on room-only ressies and then call back later to drop unwanted days.

Enjoy your visit to the Fort.

Bama ED

Camping dad was referring to Easter break. He is correct. The dates you have are wrong. Ending weeks of the 16th is not Easter week. I called some premium and pop up. No preferred or standard. ;)

Camping dad was referring to Easter break. He is correct. The dates you have are wrong. Ending weeks of the 16th is not Easter week. I called some premium and pop up. No preferred or standard. ;)

Well that's odd. Late March has Easter, sure enough, but you can't tell from the OP's message whether that's when he's arriving or departing.

If it is arriving on Easter weekend, there is still availability. During busy times the Fort ressie system won't show availability. Book long then drop unwanted dates.

snap.png

Just because the Fort requieres a long period to get the initial ressie doesn't mean you have to stay that whole time. This happens when trying to get weekends in the spring/fall as well.

So he can get his single week no problem. Different dates but the answer still applies. The Fort ressie system has LONG been this way.

Bama ED

Sorry I guess I never put the dates down. We tried to get a ressie for March 22 -April 2. Didn't realize that was Easter weekend. Now we're even more excited to spend Easter at Disney. We were trying for 11 nights. Luckily she was nice enough to ask a manager and got us our ressie even though there is a 13 night minimum. Just thought it was odd. I could understand a 6 night minimum but 13 seems unreasonable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter