Site for rentals in Australia?

Kitzka

DIS Veteran
HI all:
this is not totally budget but DH and i will be celebrating our 10 year wedding anniversary this Oct. We would like to go to Australia for 2 weeks in Feb (due to his work schedule, OCt is a bad travel month). Since we will be there for so long I was wondering if anyone knew of any good sites where i cuold look into renting an apt or something similar for all or part of the time.

I figured this may be a more economical way to go about it then staying in a hotel for 2 weeks.

Also, if anyone has been there and could recommend a few must dos that would be wonderful.

Thanks in advance.

Lara

I can't really help with where to stay as I have family there. We went with our family in 2007 so I can give you some pointers on things you might want to see.

Blue mountains: it will be a ferry/train ride I believe but BEAUTIFUL esp if its just you and your hubby. You will appreciate it. This one is a lil pricey

Opera house.....that's a given

Hit one of the bars in "the rocks"....their historical district

Royal botanical gardens are beautiful. You can walk thru them for hours

Bondi beach.....best surf and lots of local shops

Taronga zoo is really nice as well

HOpe that helps. Food is pricey, whether you eat out or not (actually everything is pricey there). Also, your tip is included in the bill. no need to tip unless you want to add more. Their wait staff is paid regualar wage unlike the states. Let me know if you want to know anything else.

Tahnks! this si very helpful. Are all of these things in or around Sydney? (is there a part of town that i should not stay in?) I was trying to figure out if we shuold hit another city since you can't possibly do a whole country in 2 weeks but if i could see more it wuold be great....

I'm treating this as a once in a lifetime trip.

Lara

Tahnks! this si very helpful. Are all of these things in or around Sydney? (is there a part of town that i should not stay in?) I was trying to figure out if we shuold hit another city since you can't possibly do a whole country in 2 weeks but if i could see more it wuold be great....

I'm treating this as a once in a lifetime trip.

Lara

Blue mountains are about 2 hrs away hence the train/ferry. Bondi is just a bus ride which is pretty cheap. The rest are around sydney. There is alot to do just in the city itself. Lots of museums/aquariums, shopping, resturaunts, etc.

There really isn't a "bad" area of sydney. So far as I know there is very little crime there.

Kim

VRBO.com rents houses and apartments
We rented a house in Mexico through this website.
HTH,:thumbsup2

Feb. is a perfect month there! Their seasons are the opposite of ours. So it will be summer there. We had gone on the trip of a lifetime in Jan./Feb. 2001 to New Zealand and Australia for 4 weeks. I would suggest finding a travel agent that has been there!!! Picking one place to see in Austrailia is like someone coming to the US and only seeing NY or DC or Philly. There are so many places to see and I would say it depends on you and your likes. We visited Cairns(great barrier reef), Melbourne- drove the Great Ocean Road for three days- Adelaide, Kangeroo Island, Alice Springs(to see Uluru) Darwin, and Sydney. I wanted to see the culture and wildlife of Austailia. A part of my heart is still there!!!
I would go back in a heartbeat if we could...
If I had to do a mini trip it would be - Sydney and Cairns. Sydney has a lot of Austalia packed into one city and The Great Barrier Reef just can't be missed if your flying half way around the world.
Don't forget to bring back your black opal and kangaroo jerky...
Have you researched www.Australia.com ?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter