Sister Wives

So I just watched last nights episode and wow... I do feel kinda bad for Robin in that she so wanted Kody to fix things with Meri but that is obviously not happening. I know she kinda caused some of the issues and is always playing the victim but I blame Kody more than anything.

I was happy to see Meri saying that it wasn't fair and she deserved more as she very much does. And Kody trying to act like it shouldn't be about what he says is his narcissism coming out. He led her on for years and now is acting like he did nothing wrong.

Finally I am so excited for the tell all. I wish they had them all together at once but either way it looks to be a doosy. Kody claiming he never loved Meri... Ridiculous! He just wants to re-write history so that he is the aggrieved party. I can't wait for what Meri, Janelle & Christine say! And 4 parts, wow!!
That is what a narcissist will say to justify why his scapegoats have left. It's ok. I never loved them anyway. They can go.

Haven’t watched in awhile; I always forget it’s still on. It seems like the family was doing fine for many years before Robyn and reality TV. Once she joined the family, they were never really a functioning combined family. I also think that the polygamy lifestyle can work well when raising children but once the children are grown, it’s much harder for the adults to keep their relationships strong. What can I say about Kody? He’s just a self-centered man-child, and is reaping what he sows. Very telling that none of the adult children thus far are interested in plural marriage.

That is what a narcissist will say to justify why his scapegoats have left. It's ok. I never loved them anyway. They can go.
Agreed. And a way to make it seem like he isn't as hurt as he is. He loved the adoration of 4 women wanting him and the fact that 3 have walked away is hard for him to take. If he really never loved any of them then he wouldn't be so bitter about them leaving.
Haven’t watched in awhile; I always forget it’s still on. It seems like the family was doing fine for many years before Robyn and reality TV. Once she joined the family, they were never really a functioning combined family. I also think that the polygamy lifestyle can work well when raising children but once the children are grown, it’s much harder for the adults to keep their relationships strong. What can I say about Kody? He’s just a self-centered man-child, and is reaping what he sows. Very telling that none of the adult children thus far are interested in plural marriage.
Robin joining definitely changed the family but I do still think they were a family. From my watching the show things really unraveled for them when they moved to flagstaff. That was the beginning of the end. I think Kody was just over all the drama and really just wanted to be with Robin. Then COVID really exposed that he was not in charge of the family and the wives were not going to bow down to him. So it further drove him into the arms of Robin.

I do think at the end of the day this was going to be the end for the family but COVID definitely sped that up by years.

I think Kody was spending more nights with Robyn than the other wives even before covid, and when the epidemic hit, he spent time solely with Robyn, so that kind of was the nail in the coffin. Then the kids become old enough to think for themselves and that led to Christine and Janelle being forced to chose between their children and Kody, so that was the final straw., in my opinion.

I think Kody was spending more nights with Robyn than the other wives even before covid, and when the epidemic hit, he spent time solely with Robyn, so that kind of was the nail in the coffin. Then the kids become old enough to think for themselves and that led to Christine and Janelle being forced to chose between their children and Kody, so that was the final straw., in my opinion.
In the words of Janelle, "Gonna choose the kids, gonna choose the dogs". Every time.

I think another huge part of this is that they seem to have all fallen away from the religion (FLDS) that prompted “the principle” in the first place. They weren’t an active part of it during most of the kids’ teen years and without the community they left back in Utah, there was nothing really holding them in. The only time religion has been mentioned at all in recent years, in relation to the kids, is fleeting mentions of Maddie and her husband being evangelical Christians and Tony being from a mainstream Mormon background. That would be a BIG NO to polygamy for both of them.

I think another huge part of this is that they seem to have all fallen away from the religion (FLDS) that prompted “the principle” in the first place. They weren’t an active part of it during most of the kids’ teen years and without the community they left back in Utah, there was nothing really holding them in. The only time religion has been mentioned at all in recent years, in relation to the kids, is fleeting mentions of Maddie and her husband being evangelical Christians and Tony being from a mainstream Mormon background. That would be a BIG NO to polygamy for both of them.
They were never ever FLDS.
They were AUB.
Big difference.

He melted down her ring and she found out about it later plus he promised Robyn that he would not make either of them stick around if it wasn't working anymore (loose paraphrase). What's the point of taking a vow if you break it easily? Really shows his rotten, narcissistic, spineless character.

I can't believe Meri stayed around that long when he wrote her off sooooo long ago. Does anybody remember what ring he was wearing when the show started? The ring from all 3 wives or just Meri's?

There is footage of him early on wearing a wedding ring in that scene when he gives Robyn a string ring that Maddie had made.

I dislike Meri almost as much as the others. He melted down her ring. And she stuck around for at least 10 more years?
I agree I feel bad for her that she had to go through that. She was definitely in denial as that is a really bad sign. I know they had issues but he definitely led her along for a while and then for the last few years she was just in a place of denial.

I felt bad when she was so upset about the story being told by Christine. I think Christine was using it as an example of how mean Kody could be and not as a dig against Meri.

This episode was weird for me. He is still refusing to take responsibility for anything and claiming he never loved his wives. And on top of that why couldn't he be a good friend to Meri. He barely even talked to her.

I don't know... I'm rambling as I can't even process what I just watched... LOL!

OK. But whatever they were, none of the kids seem to have persisted with it.
Nope.

FLDS is the Warren Jeffs cult. They live more communally, have arranged marriages, etc.

Christine’ grandfather was head of AUB and was shot by rival fraction of the church.

Nope.

FLDS is the Warren Jeffs cult. They live more communally, have arranged marriages, etc.

Christine’ grandfather was head of AUB and was shot by rival fraction of the church.
:confused: Again, OK, but how does any of that change the point I was making about the kids following the faith?

I wonder if Meri is writing a book since she said “she will be heard”. Though perhaps they all signed agreements that they couldn’t author any tell-alls.

They were never ever FLDS.
They were AUB.
Big difference.
They are different factions of the same belief system. You can wrap AUB up in a bow and try to make it prettier but at the end of the day it’s not. Both groups are Fundamentalist Mormons. One fakes being presentable and mainstream, the other does not. At their core they’re the same.

I wonder if Meri is writing a book since she said “she will be heard”. Though perhaps they all signed agreements that they couldn’t author any tell-alls.

i think it may be a matter of timing. meri seems to have remained silent about a number of things-things we are now learning go back years and years with her marriage, things more recently said about her on-line via some of the adult kids (including abuse allegations on her part). it's been rumored that the browns while not publicly active in their church have still retained their membership in good standing as evidenced by meri's mom bonnie appearing on the show-

Bonnie Ahlstrom, was a “registered agent” for the church until her death. If the Browns were truly apostates, then Bonnie wouldn’t have been allowed to be associated with the family or appear on the show. The contact between active church members and them would have ceased. The source claims that the Browns maintain open friendships and relationships with many church members because, secretly, they’re still members.

perhaps with bonnie's death meri feels she can speak publicly. if she had spoken out before it could have resulted in actual excommunication (they have claimed they were years ago but when pushed about it have stepped back and said they do not practice the faith any longer). maybe now she feels she has nothing to lose.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter