Sister Wives

In the few shorts video's of Gwen's I sense she has a lot of growing up to do and she may have some anxiety and get overly anxious. Its sad if she wouldn't attend Christine's wedding.

Gwen still has a lot of growing up to do.
She does and to be fair so does Paedon. Until Vegas they all, including the adults led very sheltered lives with very sheltered views. I firmly believe that’s one of the reasons Kody was so fired up to get them out of there and why Christine was so determined to get back to Utah. Their world view was challenged dramatically. It’s “safer” to go back to what you know. I think Gwen in particular went another direction (which is totally fine) and is now seeing things in black and white. I’ve seen that with my own kids, especially my younger DD and find myself having to steer them towards more neutral ground.

On this past weeks episode Christine said she didn’t think it was a good idea for the siblings to live together since Gwen and the boys political sides are very different.
For sure and add in those boys were raised with the idea that they are the “leaders” and it’s a recipe for disaster. I could never live with any of my siblings, I had enough of their crap in 18 years at home to last a lifetime. 😂

On this past weeks episode Christine said she didn’t think it was a good idea for the siblings to live together since Gwen and the boys political sides are very different.
:scratchin I wonder how that all went? The show is pretty far behind, time-wise, and since she is now married, I'd presume she's not still in the living situation at Garrison's house, if they ever actually did it at all.

:scratchin I wonder how that all went? The show is pretty far behind, time-wise, and since she is now married, I'd presume she's not still in the living situation at Garrison's house, if they ever actually did it at all.
Honestly, that whole scene seemed really fake. Maybe even set up only for filming.

No idea if this is the truth, but it tracks with what I have heard up until now.

1697047187144.png

What is the allure of this show? I avoid reality tv and one that shows a bunch of poly goofballs seems completely absurd. Or is that the point?

What is the allure of this show? I avoid reality tv and one that shows a bunch of poly goofballs seems completely absurd. Or is that the point?
People are hate watching the show. It set out to prove that polygamy was a viable lifestyle choice. And over the last 18 seasons (13 years) all they have done is prove exactly the opposite.

As somebody up-thread mentioned, put up you hand if you never whacked, or were whacked by, one of your siblings during childhood. {{only children raise their hands}}. :laughing:
I’m a genXer so it was hand to hand combat, lol. My brother would pick on my sister so I would stand up for her and then they would both turn on me. It was brutal when we were kids. That same brother is now the one I’m closest with. You grow up and you acknowledge you were awful to each other as kids.

Gwen still has a lot of growing up to do.
They all do to be honest, I think reality tv has cushioned then some. I do think some of what Gwen is doing is ok though. It’s ok to establish boundaries with people and it can take awhile to figure out what is a healthy boundary and what is not.

Has there been any public comments that Gwen avoided the wedding? maybe she had a conflict and just couldn't get there. In a large family, it's nearly impossible to get every, single, person together at the same time.

Has there been any public comments that Gwen avoided the wedding? maybe she had a conflict and just couldn't get there. In a large family, it's nearly impossible to get every, single, person together at the same time.
I don't follow any of them on social media, but many are saying she hasn't liked or interacted with any of the posts from that day. I think if she had a conflict she would have been all over those photos.

They all do to be honest, I think reality tv has cushioned then some. I do think some of what Gwen is doing is ok though. It’s ok to establish boundaries with people and it can take awhile to figure out what is a healthy boundary and what is not.
I was coming here to say the same thing.

Gwen has not gone into detail but she is absolutely wise to establish whatever boundaries she needs. She came from a chaotic overwhelming family. One where it appears there was little individual attention or support. Even Janelle and Christine, who I like and consider loving mothers, we’re overwhelmed with too many kids, an absentee partner, financial strain, and on and on. If Gwen needs boundaries, it’s a-ok in my book.

I do agree that as she matures the boundaries may shift and that’s ok too.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter