Sister Wives

Yup and it's expensive. And Utah doesn't seem the most receptive place to SW lifestyles. I think jewelry business would be a good home based business for Robyn but it shouldn't revolve around the SW theme.

I'm guessing that the idea was for the show's popularity to translate into sales (to, you know, the fans) but if many watch it like I do out of morbid fascination, they maybe don't find the characters "likeable", let alone want to endorse or identify with the lifestyle. (For the record, I find Christine likeable enough and could actually see myself being friends with Janelle. Meri and Robyn? Just ewww.)

I looked at their website a long time ago. I don't remember the price but the stuff looked awful. Tonight's did look better but their website was down. Why is Mary always crying and for the life of her cannot make a decision? Janelle DOES work and acts like an important member of the sister wife thing. Christine is immature and thinks she does more than other women. Making faces and whining. Robyn cares about them and wants to keep it together. Kody is just having a hair swinging good ole time. I would sooo want to be going off to college and get out of the Cirque de Brown ASAP!:joker:

I was so not surprised the jewelry thing is not taking off. I don't think there is a huge market out there for sister wives themed jewelry. LOL And it's pretty pricey at that. The thing is, it's really Robyn's thing, Meri is just super supportive because she and Robyn are BFF's. Janelle is the one that has always worked, thrives in a working environment and just isn't a jewelry person anyway. She is the one I feel is most concerned with actually making a living in a real way. Christine is just bored and needs something to do, but again, jewelry is not her thing. Kody? He's just along for the ride with his wives. LOL

I'm looking forward to how things go with the new houses and how the figure out their income. I'm also really tired of the "will she or won't she" crap with Meri and Robyn and Meri having another baby. At 42, I think she really isn't into having a baby, but feels obligated to do so since Robyin offerred.

Maybe they are trying to create interest by making the jewelry seem hard to aquire.

Has to be that.

Who would want their jewelry - especially with their stories behind the pieces? Oh, this is the ring I gave to so and so. Who cares?! That makes me not want it even more (not that I would want it in the first place). Just sayin'.

I live in SLC and happened to be near St. George so a friend and I went to that expo. I had no idea they were going to be there and was shocked to see them and their camera crew.

I looked at their jewelry (which it really bugged me they kept saying jewree) and some of it was ok but most of it just was not my style and it was definitely too expensive.

Their attitudes were very off putting and they almost seemed to be playing the "victim". I didn't see any happiness, joy, friendship or love between them. It felt forced, strained, uncomfortable and awkward most of the time I was there. I think we spent about 10 min looking at the jewelry and listening to their "pitch" but it was a long 10 min for sure. I was glad to leave!

I live in SLC and happened to be near St. George so a friend and I went to that expo. I had no idea they were going to be there and was shocked to see them and their camera crew.

I looked at their jewelry (which it really bugged me they kept saying jewree) and some of it was ok but most of it just was not my style and it was definitely too expensive.

Their attitudes were very off putting and they almost seemed to be playing the "victim". I didn't see any happiness, joy, friendship or love between them. It felt forced, strained, uncomfortable and awkward most of the time I was there. I think we spent about 10 min looking at the jewelry and listening to their "pitch" but it was a long 10 min for sure. I was glad to leave!

Yes, the story behind each piece of jewelry is custom to their story of being a sister wife. How many people are going to relate and want to own jewelry to remind them of their sister wife? If I liked the jewelry, adding the story would make me not want to buy the jewelry because I could not relate. They are going down the wrong path with this business. (hobby)

It's sad really. They don't seem like sister wives who are close and share the responsibilities of raising the children as siblings and living their lives together as they want to be portrayed. They seem like acquaintances who share a man.

I just have to ask.....
"Our logo for My Sisterwife's Closet is an abstract symbol of four women standing together"
Does this remind anyone else of the Kaiser Permanente symbol...well with 1 wife missing...:rotfl2:

I think I read somewhere that she was an accountant. They have mentioned in the past that Janelle is always the one who handles the finances so that makes sense.

In the after show, the woman who interviewed them pretty much got Meri to admit she was being ridiculous an selfish about the wet bar. I wonder if the other wies felt secretly vindicated when they heard that.

It is pretty clear that Meri and Robyn are pretty tight. I wonder if Janelle and Christine ever feel left out.

Christine was quoted as saying, that she misses that tight bond, so clearly she is jealous. Did it look like Janelle lost weight? Last season she hired the personal trainer and I was trying to get a glimpse of her. My neighbor wore all her old clothes, because she said she didn't have money to buy new clothes. We walked our dogs a couple of nights ago and I finally asked her how much weight she lost, because she had some new clothes on. She told me 50 lbs. I was just wondering if Janelle is hiding behind her old clothes yet.

I think Janelle receives the least amount of attention from Cody and she is going to do what she wants. She does not like the jewelry business at all, but I think she decided she had to help Robin, be the work horse setting up everything and now she can leave it and go do her own thing. But it sounds like Robin isn't having it.

Note to Robin-no one can relate. Start designing other pieces.

It seemed odd to me that they chose to go to the women's expo in St. George knowing there is a bias there against polygamists. Robin was very familiar with the town and knew the history of polygamists there. Yet they still chose to attend the expo there. Not a smart move. They live in Las Vegas, I'm sure there are plenty of conventions and expos right in their backyard where they could do better. Many people visiting Vegas would probably buy their jewelry just to say they met them, talked to them, etc.

I think they, and the show are floundering. They know the show is going to be cancelled soon, and they need a backup plan.

I just have to ask.....
"Our logo for My Sisterwife's Closet is an abstract symbol of four women standing together"
Does this remind anyone else of the Kaiser Permanente symbol...well with 1 wife missing...:rotfl2:

LOL...I was wondering why that symbol looked familiar to me. :lmao:

I am weirdly excited that the show is back.

But why do they (or the producers) keep playing up the same old story lines (e.g., Will Meri have a baby? Will they get the houses?) - they're clearly manufactured drama and the relationships and personalities are interesting enough that there's no need for for it.

I'm really curious to know what Meri meant when she said something about being concerned that the sister wives will know how each other spend their time now that they're living closer together. I'm guessing that it was directed at Christine (given that Robyn is her BFF and has a baby and the fact that Janelle seems very productive).

Robyn's desire to have everyone involved/invested in making her dream come true seems so foolish and childish. Clearly they didn't do much market research before launching the business. The jewelry is: 1) not that attractive, 2) overpriced, and 3) marketed at a very small niche audience.

It seemed odd to me that they chose to go to the women's expo in St. George knowing there is a bias there against polygamists. Robin was very familiar with the town and knew the history of polygamists there. Yet they still chose to attend the expo there. Not a smart move. They live in Las Vegas, I'm sure there are plenty of conventions and expos right in their backyard where they could do better. Many people visiting Vegas would probably buy their jewelry just to say they met them, talked to them, etc.

I agree that it's a very odd choice. It's also odd that they choose price points that most polygamists couldn't afford.

Also, their selling point that sister wife is a supposedly a synonym for friend is pretty strange. My friends are most definitely not my "sister wives."

I actually thought the show was kind of boring last night. The whole financial problem thing strikes an odd chord with me. If things are that bad, why did they choose to build such huge houses? They could have built more modest homes on those 4 lots and still been together. I really don't think their financial situation is as dire as it seems. They get quite a bit of money from TLC.

Another thing that bothers me is that they keep saying they want to all be together, but in the next breath they are saying they like their independence. It looks to me like Janelle and Christine are not that into the polygamist thing anymore and are happier without Kody. Robin is the only one who consistently says she wants everybody to stay together and looks like she means it.

They need to stay away from the whole "woe is me, we're so poor" storyline and get back to what made them interesting in the first place, like how the families work together towards common goals. Also it would be nice to see how Kody's individual relationships with the women are going.

they need to stay away from the whole "woe is me, we're so poor" storyline and get back to what made them interesting in the first place, like how the families work together towards common goals. Also it would be nice to see how kody's individual relationships with the women are going.

ita!

I'd like to see some updates on the kids. How is Logan doing in college? Aren't there a few graduating this year? What are their plans?

I actually thought the show was kind of boring last night. The whole financial problem thing strikes an odd chord with me. If things are that bad, why did they choose to build such huge houses? They could have built more modest homes on those 4 lots and still been together. I really don't think their financial situation is as dire as it seems. They get quite a bit of money from TLC.

Another thing that bothers me is that they keep saying they want to all be together, but in the next breath they are saying they like their independence. It looks to me like Janelle and Christine are not that into the polygamist thing anymore and are happier without Kody. Robin is the only one who consistently says she wants everybody to stay together and looks like she means it.

They need to stay away from the whole "woe is me, we're so poor" storyline and get back to what made them interesting in the first place, like how the families work together towards common goals. Also it would be nice to see how Kody's individual relationships with the women are going.

Bingo! This is exactly what I was thinking! I couldn't believe how big those houses are, now that' we're seeing them take shape. I was thinking the same exact thing about being able to afford them the way they talk about finances. I agree with wanting to see a more positive way of working toward the common family goal rather than the drama.:crowded:

Bingo! This is exactly what I was thinking! I couldn't believe how big those houses are, now that' we're seeing them take shape. I was thinking the same exact thing about being able to afford them the way they talk about finances. I agree with wanting to see a more positive way of working toward the common family goal rather than the drama.:crowded:

They all seemed miserable. The women just seem to tolerate each other, except for Meri and Robyn. Looks like they have lost their familiness.

IMO they will probably end up losing those big houses because no one seems to have a real job. What are they thinking?

It seems to me like each show now is pretty much explaining polygamy and how they differ from warren jefts.
Theres no real life anymore it seems. Just all talk.
I questioned the homes too...those have to be pricey.

How are they going to pay for those houses after the show is canceled? I just don't get it. The only one who can survive on her own is Janelle.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter