Sister Wives

I personally feel like Meri is being selfish. If it were me, I'd take the lesser of everything since I only have that one child. Of course I'm pretty sure she feels entitled since she IS the only legal wife.

If they are worried about having enough room for their kids then they should quit having them, simple as that. They can share bedrooms with one another. That is what we did when we were little and we survived. Some of the kids can share a bed with mom. It's not like their dad is there at their home all the time.

If they are worried about having enough room for their kids then they should quit having them, simple as that. They can share bedrooms with one another. That is what we did when we were little and we survived. Some of the kids can share a bed with mom. It's not like their dad is there at their home all the time.

Why do they need to go to Meri? To spend the night. It not logical that you say Meri needs a big house for kids she doesn't even have. Yet, the other can share rooms:confused3

The kids should have more room where they LIVE. They can share rooms at Meri's. It's totally backwards.

they are not designing their own houses, I will bet that in that subdivsion the floor plans are 4 or 5 bedrooms plans I would be surprised if there is a 3 bedroom option.

Kae

What did y'all think of Robin and the graduation scene? I think she didn't care that much about the kids graduation or she would have gone with everyone else. And what was Kody thinking leaving his oldest son's ceremony to look for 4th wife?

I told DH that Robin is kinda like that 4th meal at Taco Bell, you don't really need it and it kind of negates your other 3meals, but its pretty nice to have late àt night! Like a naughty indulgence.

What did y'all think of Robin and the graduation scene? I think she didn't care that much about the kids graduation or she would have gone with everyone else. And what was Kody thinking leaving his oldest son's ceremony to look for 4th wife?

I told DH that Robin is kinda like that 4th meal at Taco Bell, you don't really need it and it kind of negates your other 3meals, but its pretty nice to have late àt night! Like a naughty indulgence.

LOL, too funny! :rotfl2:

Anyone want to bring this thread back to life and discuss this season?? I am wondering what each of those houses cost they are buying! The income from the show must be buying them...
It doesn't appear that Kody has a job at all anymore, so it has to be money from the show.
I was laughing at Meri's insistence on a wet bar when they don't even drink! 5 bedrooms and she has one child leaving for college in a year?!?!

She kept insisting that she had to have the 5th bedroom in order to get the "craft" room and wet bar. Why on earth doesn't she use one of the empty bedrooms as a craft room? The whole thing makes no sense.

The first couple of seaons the wives seemed happy and to all get along really well. Now they all seem unhappy, and it came out that Meri and Janelle have never liked each other and still don't get along. Have things changed that much, or have they always been unhappy and just edited it to look like they liked each other in the past? According to their book, Meri only likes Robin, and barely tolerates the others. I just wonder what the truth really is.

Why did Robyn have to go to the parent/teacher conference? She didn't have kids @ that school, it was high school & her kids are much younger. She really annoys me..... But I'm glued :confused3

n2dzny said:
Why did Robyn have to go to the parent/teacher conference? She didn't have kids @ that school, it was high school & her kids are much younger. She really annoys me..... But I'm glued :confused3

I don't get why any of the non biological moms went. Why couldn't just Cody and bio mom go and then bio mom fill them in?

I'm still torn on how money should be divided. Say their budget is $800,000 and the total family is 20 people, would it be fair to divide the budget by the number of people in their family? So Meri would get 2/20? If you did it that way, she'd be in a trailer and the rest living a lot better. But what is the point of her having a huge house if its empty?

Too funny!

I like that they're focusing on the older kids this season. They are the most interesting part of the show to me.

I kind of see where Meri is coming from and why she would want to have space to entertain the rest of the family and house Mariah's (sure to be massive) family in the future. However, making present day financial decisions based on fantasies is never a good idea (and she could clearly do all that with fewer than 5 bedrooms). I think she needs a sit down with Suze Orman.

I was glad that Meri told Kody not to go off looking for Robyn (again) and risk missing seeing Logan graduate. If I were Janelle, I would have been fuming mad that he would risk not being there for Logan and for her. He didn't even look at her to share the moment. Also, I think his comments about Janelle needing to share the credit for Logan with Christine were phrased pretty insensitively. It's possible to give Christine credit without detracting from Janelle.

Clearly, there's more to it than just this, but I think that low self esteem really contributes to the wives' willingness to stay. I wondered what Janelle was referring to when she said that her life would have been totally different if she had had Madison's confidence as a teenager.

I think she's referring to the fact that if she'd had some self esteem, she wouldn't be married to a stump like Cody, or in a poly marriage.

I think I've decided that I think Meri should be logical and only get the 3 or 4 bedroom house without the wet bar. I really wasn't sure, but it just seems so illogical for her to have so many empty wasted rooms and space, especially when they're struggling.

I also don't think Meri really wants to have any more kids either; I just don't think she's ready to give up that "victim" role of not being capable of having anymore. I'm sure she did initially really want to have more, and I'm sure it was painful for her when she couldn't, but I think that time has passed for her. I think she had already accepted her life of being a bio mom to one child and one child only, and I think she's really okay with that, but now she's played that "poor me" card about not being able to have more so many times, that she feels pressured not to take Robyn up on her offer. Honestly, I really do think it has crossed her mind not to make a decision, especially if it's that she's not going to try, until after they're in the homes, to make her reasoning for having more space a little more valid.

I used to really like all of them, except Robyn. I still can't stand Robyn, but I'm really starting to wonder about Meri too at this point. I still like Jenelle and Christine quite a bit though.

I also agree with the pp about how Cody worded and talked about how Christine should really get more credit for Logan than Jenelle. There was a much classier, more sensitive way to explain that Christine had a large impact on Logan's life, without totally throwing Jenelle under the bus.:confused3

The show is like a train wreck on many levels, but it is still intriguing enough for me to keep watching. I would still live to know the total price of the 4 houses. Mary should be fine with a small ranch... Geez. She must like to clean....

This whole thing IMO is about to implode. Kody IMO loves Robyn and Meri needs to go to a hospital for insanity. She is just about ready to blow up. Janelle gives Meri death stares and Christine just smiles like she is always at a party. Kody tosses his hair around like a teenage girl. This is a mess and don't see this lasting. Since Robyn I think Kody just cares for her.:rolleyes1:rolleyes1

This whole thing IMO is about to implode. Kody IMO loves Robyn and Meri needs to go to a hospital for insanity. She is just about ready to blow up. Janelle gives Meri death stares and Christine just smiles like she is always at a party. Kody tosses his hair around like a teenage girl. This is a mess and don't see this lasting. Since Robyn I think Kody just cares for her.:rolleyes1:rolleyes1

So I take it you're not signing up to be wife number 5? :)

I do have to agree with much of what you said. It seems like a powder keg -- or at the very least people seem to be crying all the time. Yet many of the girls say they see the love between the wives and they want that some day. :confused3

Somewhere between "the best thing ever" and "a living hell" is probably the truth. I would not want it personally!

It doesn't appear that Kody has a job at all anymore, so it has to be money from the show.

She kept insisting that she had to have the 5th bedroom in order to get the "craft" room and wet bar. Why on earth doesn't she use one of the empty bedrooms as a craft room? The whole thing makes no sense.

The first couple of seaons the wives seemed happy and to all get along really well. Now they all seem unhappy, and it came out that Meri and Janelle have never liked each other and still don't get along. Have things changed that much, or have they always been unhappy and just edited it to look like they liked each other in the past? According to their book, Meri only likes Robin, and barely tolerates the others. I just wonder what the truth really is.

Weren't Meri and Janelle SIL before they meet up with Kody? Also wasn't Janelle they only one raised in a regular family?

When Kody got up during the graduation to find Robyn, I think we all knew who was his favorite. And it sounds like he and Robyn are planning to have more kids together, as he let Meri know he would have more children in the future.

So, is Meri getting the 5 bedrooms? I didn't see that resolved.

Another thing I observed was when he comes in to talk to Meri at her house about the homes and she is a little ticked off that he just sits down all business like and starts talking and she wants him to say hello and kiss her. She probably hasn't seen him in 4 days and he just doesn't care that he hasn't seen her. If my husband and I hadn't seen each other in 4 days he wouldn't be acting all casual but kody can b/c he has other spousal relationships besides Meri.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter