• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Sister Wives, anyone???

Is anyone still watching??? Interesting show last night. Next week they are addressing weight issues....

They are? For the kids or the wives? I feel bad for Christine and Meri putting on all that weight after Robin showed up. I'd probably eat my way into a few more sizes too :guilty:.

I watched and I have to say Kody's HS friend was a jerk. I know I'm a minority, but their lifestyle doesn't bother me and I like them. I think the name they picked for their son is horrid.

I'm looking forward to next weeks show. I wonder if Janelle will tell us how much she weighs.

I watched and I have to say Kody's HS friend was a jerk. I know I'm a minority, but their lifestyle doesn't bother me and I like them. I think the name they picked for their son is horrid.

I'm looking forward to next weeks show. I wonder if Janelle will tell us how much she weighs.

What name did they pick? I missed it and then deleted the recording before I could go back.

What name did they pick? I missed it and then deleted the recording before I could go back.

At the end, when they're sitting on the couch, they announced the name would be Solomon.

Kristine said she's always loved King Solomon but Janelle said that she didn't like it. They didn't show any reaction from the kids.

At the end, when they're sitting on the counch, they announced the name would be Solomon.

Kristine said she's always loved King Solomon but Janelle said that she didn't like it. They didn't show any reaction from the kids.

I do not like that at all. Not cute, manly, strong etc - just odd for a baby since it feels so "old". Would be like naming a girl Eunice.

As long as they like it though.....

ITA! I don't know that I really "agree" with their lifestyle, but darn that guy was rude. I thought it was funny, when one of the other classmates, called him out on the double standard he was preaching about. I get that he's from and was raised with Kody in a "religion is everything" type atmosphere, so I could see him being shocked, maybe even a little hurt ect. that his best friend changed religions, but for goodness sakes, that happened how many years ago. He was fully aware of how things were at this point, there was no need to be SOOOO disrespectful.

ETA: Add me to the list of ppl. that doesn't like the baby name at all. Honestly, I feel bad for the kid. I thought it was hilarious when Janelle basically said that out loud.

I'm wondering if the jerky friend was edited to look that way and/or something happened that set him off. I wonder if he felt used by TLC and the Browns. :confused3

new ti this thread but is anyone else really bothered by christine???

I'm not. I kinda like her. I think of all the women, I believe I'd like her and Meri the best. Well, actually I like Janelle, too. I guess I just don't care for Robin. She just annoys me. I don't even know why. :confused3 SHe's not nasty, or rude or anything.... just grates on my nerves.

I actually (I believe I've said this before in this thread) I don't get what the big flipping deal is. There are polygamists who marry children to 70 year old men, forced to stay in the church, and whom collect government money to care for their litters of children. This isn't The Browns.

I kinda, sorta...like them. They seem like good people. I feel bad for them. I find it interesting that it seems the more religious the person they encounter, the more likely it is they will be frowned upon. The un-religious (like myself) say 'To each their own.....' Life is hard enough. If you're happy, then I say "Yay for you!!!"

I'm not. I kinda like her. I think of all the women, I believe I'd like her and Meri the best. Well, actually I like Janelle, too. I guess I just don't care for Robin. She just annoys me. I don't even know why. :confused3 SHe's not nasty, or rude or anything.... just grates on my nerves.

I actually (I believe I've said this before in this thread) I don't get what the big flipping deal is. There are polygamists who marry children to 70 year old men, forced to stay in the church, and whom collect government money to care for their litters of children. This isn't The Browns.

I kinda, sorta...like them. They seem like good people. I feel bad for them. I find it interesting that it seems the more religious the person they encounter, the more likely it is they will be frowned upon. The un-religious (like myself) say 'To each their own.....' Life is hard enough. If you're happy, then I say "Yay for you!!!"

I agree. I was going to say I liked Christine probably the most, but I don't think that's really true. There are different things I really like about Meri, Christine and Janelle, so I really kinda like all 3 of them. For whatever reason, each of them seem to have some kind of quality or feelings that I can relate to. The only one that kinda bugs me is Robyn, and I'm really not sure why either. I do think part of it is the way she comes off as "weaker" than the other 3, and maybe part of it is because she seems to see their whole situation with rose colored glasses on??? I'm not really sure, I can't put my finger on it. It's not that I really dislike her or anything, but if I had to pick one that I didn't really like, it'd hands down be her.

i dont disagree with you...i do like the family but christine just rubs me the wrong way...i guess how she was always saying she always wanted to be wife 3 or 4.. i think she was planning to be the last and newest wife and robyn changed al that"wah i dont feel special anymore" im thinking that the polygamist lifestyle is not conducive to feeling like you should be made to feel special ...i think the one i like the most is janelle..then Meri...i dont really care for robyn either...

I agree. I was going to say I liked Christine probably the most, but I don't think that's really true. There are different things I really like about Meri, Christine and Janelle, so I really kinda like all 3 of them. For whatever reason, each of them seem to have some kind of quality or feelings that I can relate to. The only one that kinda bugs me is Robyn, and I'm really not sure why either. I do think part of it is the way she comes off as "weaker" than the other 3, and maybe part of it is because she seems to see their whole situation with rose colored glasses on??? I'm not really sure, I can't put my finger on it. It's not that I really dislike her or anything, but if I had to pick one that I didn't really like, it'd hands down be her.

I agree. I like Meri, Janelle and Christine all for different reasons. They seem more "real" in that they all have different personalities and quirks, but there are things about them that I like. I don't care for Robyn at ALL. And , like you, I'm not sure why. I really think that in the beginning, when they were courting, she came across as a mistress. Maybe it's a jealous, petty, woman thing. But the way I felt is. . .look at me. . .I'm younger, thinner, spunkier and so smitten with Cody. :blech: Also she doesn't seem to offer much more than that though she appears to try to fit in. The other 3 all seem to bring something to the table. Robyn, not so much. I can't help but feel like she is Cody's new sex toy. :crazy2:

I agree. I like Meri, Janelle and Christine all for different reasons. They seem more "real" in that they all have different personalities and quirks, but there are things about them that I like. I don't care for Robyn at ALL. And , like you, I'm not sure why. I really think that in the beginning, when they were courting, she came across as a mistress. Maybe it's a jealous, petty, woman thing. But the way I felt is. . .look at me. . .I'm younger, thinner, spunkier and so smitten with Cody. :blech: Also she doesn't seem to offer much more than that though she appears to try to fit in. The other 3 all seem to bring something to the table. Robyn, not so much. I can't help but feel like she is Cody's new sex toy. :crazy2:

The only thing Robyn brings to the table is 4 and soon to be 5 mouths to feed. :rotfl:

I about puked when Kody said he has a monogamous relationship with each of his wives. Um NO. Each of your wives has a monogomous relationship with you.

I about puked when Kody said he has a monogamous relationship with each of his wives. Um NO. Each of your wives has a monogomous relationship with you.

The guy is believing his own beliefs. Meri once asked Cody if it would be okay if she had a few husbands, and Cody told her, "that would be disgusting." I think if Meri got out of the marriage, she would be in such a better place, but I think she would really miss her sister wives.

I also like Meri, Kristine & Janelle. I imagine that they are all struggling considering all the sacrifices they've made to have the 4th wife- and from an outsider's point of view- what have they really recieved in return? (Other than less time with Kody which would make me happy but they seem to love him:confused3) Both Meri and Janelle have lost their careers since they went on TV- Meri seems to be ok since she has the best of both worlds in that she really seems to like having her own house and if she can do the kind of work she wants to, I think she'd be happy.

Janelle gave up her career which was an integral part of her identity. I think she will do ok if she and Kody get their business off the ground -she seems to need to be working to be happy.

As for Kristine, I think her world has been turned upside down. She wanted to be third wife so she wouldn't feel like this. SHe said that she thinks Kody caters to Robyn. We've all seen and probably agree with that. Previously- the family seemed to migrate around Kristine. She watched all of the youngest kids, after school they all raided her kitchen- she did most of the babysitting. It was her thing. Now the families are in separate homes and the proximity may require driving and planning to be there. Looks like the teens are hanging at Meri's and Kristine is probably feeling that she is no longer the families' center of the universe. I can understand her feelings and hope they are resolved- I really liked her.

As for Robyn- she's annoying. I really gagged when she said that she always wants it feel like they (she & Kody) are on their honeymoon. She doesn't want him to deal with any problems when they spend time together. She's trying to make sure that her attention is on him and therefore his attention will continue to focus on her. Wonder how that will change when Solomon arrives?

I don't like that name either.

I find their lifestyle intriguing because I like the community feel of raising the kids and the tight knit female relationships. But I couldn't live it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter