Sirenia 88's LTR "Mickey we have a modem"

I wanted to take my motorcycle down last trip, but our tow vehicle had a cap on it, so could not. Maybe with the new one there maybe some hope. :banana:

Come on early 2017 so I can head back to the Fort !!!!

Question, I am an extreme newbie here. When you all are talking about paying for your site ahead of time, do you just call and do that over the phone? Directly to Ft. wilderness?

Sorry if this has been covered. Just trying to sort through the immense amount of info there is to Disney:)

Thanks,
Kim

Question, I am an extreme newbie here. When you all are talking about paying for your site ahead of time, do you just call and do that over the phone? Directly to Ft. wilderness?

Sorry if this has been covered. Just trying to sort through the immense amount of info there is to Disney:)

Thanks,
Kim
Yes, just call the main reservation line and they can accept your payment.

Another update. We finally got a cabana reservation at Typhoon Lagoon. Wife was pretty persistent about with some E mails and multiple phone calls. Then all of the sudden, she got some form of communication from a Disney rep and magically a Cabana reservation comes through. Looks like someone feel asleep at the wheel when it came the reservation status. One less thing to worry about this trip. Looking forward to a nice relaxing day at TL.

Vince,

It's funny you mentioned this as my wife and I were just talking about the final go over of the FP+ requests. Then we started looking at everything on the list, turns out pretty much everything is paid for except for a couple of ADRs, a couple of activities, and the golf cart. We are going to buy a few hundred more in gift cards to pay for the Disney tax golf cart. Right now my biggest expense is going to be the fuel bill for the beast. But all things Disney are pretty much paid for.

BTW, Vince did you change your dates for Disney again? It looks like you are leaving a day before we arrive on the 8th. Or is there a correction there?

I did change my dates due to the work that is coming up before winter. We will be checking in on the 9 and leaving the 17.

I did change my dates due to the work that is coming up before winter. We will be checking in on the 9 and leaving the 17.

Ah OK that's what I thought I read but your signature says other wise. ;) I am sure I will run into you while I'm there.

T minus 38 minutes for FP reservations. The vacation is getting closer!

FPs seem to be set. However we got a nice surprise, MNSSHP's Happy HalloWishes Dessert Premium Package. As I put it, I'm getting a cupcake (Wait for it, cupcakes) with my fireworks. According to the disnet reservation system, t minus 50 days til launch.

pixiedust:Finished booking our FP+ yesterday. Fantasmic dinner reservation at Mama Melroses on Oct. 18th, The Plaza followed by MNSSHP on Oct.20th, and The Prime Time Diner on Oct. 26th.
Let the countdown begin!

Now officially 28 days before arrival. It might be a bit closer than that if I can get the Wednesday off which might now be possible. This means another day at the fort. :D

I got Wednesday off So our drive now starts on Tuesday, Oct 6. Wooo whooo! We will have 2 days to start off with the Fort and being able to have some relaxing. I might now do a fishing trip in the morning for my "me time" activity.

22 days!!!!! That's like 3 weeks tomorrow. LOL Fishing excursion is booked. Extra day of fort activities planned. Currently working on trip routing. Where to stop. What time to stop. That kind of thing. The thought of pulling an allnighter has entered as a possibility. Don't know if they will fly with the wife. However, she did push for the extra day off.

We are currently 15 days out according to the Disney Planner. In 2 weeks time, I will be on my last day at work for vacation. The calendar at work is showing me as an out by 5PM. The trailer was washed on Sunday. Last night was a brake and tire check which required some attention. New brakes and tires on order for the trailer. The parts should be in a couple of days. The truck will get serviced since it is due anyway in the next few days. The final packing and trip prep is going to happen over the next few days.

As for the trip route, the drive straight through is looking like a better possibility I ran the numbers, if we go straight through I should be there between 12-3 PM the next day taking the traffic/ fuel stops/ bathroom brakes in consideration. We will see what happens. Contingency plans are in place.

The pre trip activities are never dull. Right now, the week before leaving for the Fort, work gets super busy. Not complaining though since it takes some of my mind off the trip and puts some extra coin in my pocket. However, finding time for the trailer service is another thing. I am hoping to be tackling this in a couple of days. There is always being the wire for doing this on the weekend. Then add a pinch of the weather. Good thing I have a nice dry warehouse to perform this work in. Back to more happy thoughts. I got my Disboards signs made. My boss helped me fix up the art work and the signs look really good. You will get to see them down at the fort. Another happy thought. My DW wound up getting a Mickey blow up for a couple of dollars out of pocket. She found a gift card to Lowe's on the kitchen table. We have another themed Disney inflatable coming in the net couple of days.

The hot tub awaits....

The excitement is starting to build. Trailer brakes and tire replacement has been completed. Packing of the trailer will be completed this weekend. Monday and Tuesday will be last minute checks and purchases for the trip and ride down.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter