• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Singles Social Network

russcouch

CP Fall Advantage 2008 - Kilimanjaro Safaris / PI
So this is for those that will be single upon arrival to the Disney College and Professional Internship programs. Start by voicing in an interest in the idea of meeting good, down to Earth singles that will be sharing the same experiences.

I'll Kick it off

My name is Russ, I'm from Texas originally (Born and Raised). I'm 23 years old and just Graduated from Northwestern State University of Louisiana with a degree in Music Education. I'm 6ft 4in tall, athletic build, kind of out going but mostly reserved at first. I love music of all types and I'm quite content with any and almost all activities, so that means anything from just hanging out, sitting on a couch and watching movies/tv to traveling to fun destinations and being in large groups, I can find fun in almost any situation :)

lol I guess I should also put that I am doing the Youth Education Series Professional Internship for the Spring 2010, I'll be living in Patterson Court.

Nice thinking putting this one up :idea: lol.

I'll be single arriving at Disney. It was a long summer of "yeah...I'm kind of leaving in January so i don't think it'll work out" It's all good. :woohoo:

My name is Jamie and I'm 22. I will graduate next year and have waited a while to do the DCP. I have merchandise and couldn't be more excited. I love to travel and explore new places, but I also love relaxing days of being by the pool or beach :cool2:. Since we will be in Disney, going to the parks is a must! So who knows what can happen when we're down there, we'll sure make a lot of friends, but will we find a special someone too? Hmmm:rolleyes:

I know the feeling Jamie, I was student teaching this whole last semester so I didn't have to worry about telling anyone that, but last spring was a different story as it was my last semester on campus. Hope you have a blast on your CP, I know I did on mine last year :)

I'll be single arriving at Disney. It was a long summer of "yeah...I'm kind of leaving in January so i don't think it'll work out" It's all good. :woohoo:
That was my thinking as well lol.

Great thread! I'm Matt. I'm 19 & live in NJ but I am perminantly moving to Florida in 2011 if all goes well:cool1:I enjoy traveling, amusement parks, baseball, photography, music, chilling with friends, & cars. I'm a die-heart New York Yankees fan born & raised! I'm relaxed & easy to get along with. My major is International Marketing with Japanese as my language (haven't started my major yet I went undecided first semester) & I go to a local community college but UCF (University of Central Florida) is where I want to go in two years. I'll be working in attractions & would like to live in Chatham during the CP Spring 2010 & I would like to extend my stay until August. I just want to meet & hang out with a lot of people & if something happens it happens!

DISdating Network? :lmao:

That was pretty much what would come to mind whenever I started talking to anyone I met at school this semester as well. But hey, everyone will have 7-8 months at Disney! ;)

Maybe when I don't feel as lazy I'll post details here as well, but until then, all the info you need is in the Roomates thread.

Oh, I've also noticed quite a large female:male ratio around here, especially in the College Board section. Kind of reminds me of where I used to go to college. :cool2:

I'll preface this by saying I don't belong on the Singles thread, but since I popped in ... My advice ... don't count on meeting someone during the CP, but don't count it out either.

I didn't meet "that special someone" on my CP. I didn't even do anything to further the reputation of "Vista Lay". But, 5 years later, I still work at WDW, and this past spring, started talking to one of the new CPs in my area, mostly hoping to just form a friendship ... As of this weekend, we've been dating for 9 months. (Sadly, she's back in school now, and not in FL, so we're doing the long distance thing, which kinda sucks, but oh well, I'm still very happy to have her in my life)

DISdating Network? :lmao:

Oh, I've also noticed quite a large female:male ratio around here, especially in the College Board section. Kind of reminds me of where I used to go to college. :cool2:

It's funny that you say this (but I do agree) because I'm the only girl on this discussion I believe haha.

p.s. Eric, well put. And congrats, that's cute :lovestruc

21 more days!

I know the feeling Jamie, I was student teaching this whole last semester so I didn't have to worry about telling anyone that, but last spring was a different story as it was my last semester on campus. Hope you have a blast on your CP, I know I did on mine last year :)

I hear student teaching takes over your life for the semester...so totally understand!

And thank you! I'm betting it will be a blast for sure :) If you have any advice since you've done the program don't hesitate to share haha.

I hear student teaching takes over your life for the semester...so totally understand!

And thank you! I'm betting it will be a blast for sure :) If you have any advice since you've done the program don't hesitate to share haha.

It does take over your life that’s for sure (student teaching) but advice on the program..........GO TO WORK........its really easy to give away shifts sometimes or call in, but don't unless its an emergency. Oh and the easiest of them all just follow the rules, if you have ever lived in a dorm its pretty much the same set of them so it shouldn't be to hard to do so. Lots of people complain about the rules but really they aren't that bad, most of it is just using common sense.......which apparently isn't so common (Who said it? Any one? I'll give you a Hint: Revolutionary War) :)

Thomas Paine wrote "Common Sense" for the Revolutionary War, but the quote is from Voltaire, translated from the French.

Sorry. History buff, saw this, had to answer.

Just to remind you all, while you're saying you don't want a relationship before you head down to FL, be cautious about starting one while you're actually down there...remember, the CP isn't forever -- it will eventually end and the chances of meeting someone close to where you live is extremely slim... goodbyes are really difficult.

i know its late but im wide awake and bored so i thought id join the thread...

my name is Rebekah and im 19 but ill be 20 when i arrive in florida (my birthday is in 11 days lol) my arrival date is Jan. 11th and im in merchandise and super pumped...i live in TN and have all my life...i love sports and being outside especially in the summer (its my favorite season) my favorite summer activity is swimming but i just love the sun...im not a big reader but i do occasionally find a book that i just adore...i love just about any and all things Disney...Ariel is my favorite princess and always has been ever since i was little...my favorite colors are pink and orange but anything bright i love...umm i think thats about it haha but if theres something else youd like to know just ask

Don't get me wrong people, this isn't a way to meet "the right one" as some keep thinking.......as someone who was on the program and then became single....its good to connect and talk with others, to feel that you are not alone. Finding a relationship with someone on the program is dangerous, but then again you never know what will happen

Hey everyone!

I'm Savannah, and I'm extending my cp in entertainment for the spring! I'm currently doing the fall advantage program, so I've been here since June and I absolutely love it! I'm always looking for new friends and maybe something could develop after that! After this cp is over I want to go seasonal or part time and eventually transfer to a college down here, probably UCF.

I am 21 years old and from Bethlehem, PA. I love theater; going to it, acting in it, and watching it. I'm pretty reserved but then open up once I get to know a person. I like going to the movies, hanging out with friends, and going into the parks on a day off! I seem to never get enough of disney--I'm perfectly fine to work all day but then go to Magic Kingdom after work to see the fireworks and parade or something!

I love taking advantage of any oppurtunity I'm granted, and there is so much to do in the Orlando area! Even though I've been here for 7 months I've only touched the surface of everything there is to do! For everyone just getting down here, it is truly "The Time of Your Life!" But remember, "what you give is what you get!" If you let all the annoying guests, co-workers, exhuastion,and friend/roommate troubles get to you, you'll be miserable the whole time. Make sure you keep time to stop and relax, and truly enjoy what is around you.

Looking foward to meeting you!

Hi im 30 and single getting ready to head down to start my spring advantage Jan 27 thru aug 13. Trying to get to know ppl.

Just to remind you all, while you're saying you don't want a relationship before you head down to FL, be cautious about starting one while you're actually down there...remember, the CP isn't forever -- it will eventually end and the chances of meeting someone close to where you live is extremely slim... goodbyes are really difficult.
yes goodbyes are very difficult. Today was my last day at work on the cp, it was so hard to have to say goodbye to people....I made some of my best friends down here.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter