Singles Social Club: It's Always 5 o'clock here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last night went to get on DISboards on my iphone and what pops up but a bubble telling me there's a DISboards app!!! :banana::banana::banana:

Anyone else have to really kick themselves in the butt to get out and exercise? I've been really inconsistent with it most of my adult life. If you do work out what do you do? I'm back on the workout wagon again and started by walking 2 1/2 miles on the bike trail not too far from my house on Sat. Sun. was a little sore and only did 2 miles. Today I'm taking off. My son and I have to pack our 2 cars and bring him back to Boston. He starts a Northeastern co-op job from tomorrow till the end of Dec. No classes till Jan. He's excited. I'll miss him but am so happy for him. He's very happy with life in Boston.

Anyway, this started out to be about workouts. I also have a treadmill so I'll get back on that when the weather is bad. I also have some Biggest Loser videos that aren't bad and I love Dance, Dance Revolution. When my son and friends were big into the game I bought metal dance pads almost like what the arcades have. It's fun for a good sweat without really feeling like a workout. Tomorrow I'm off from work and will be hitting the trail again. Oh and I do have a bike. I may try to stuff that in my car and cycle instead of walk.

Biking is great! I am lucky as my work place is bike friendly, as I can bring bike into office, most buildings have showers, plus we have a gym and pool on site. I have a 13 mile commute each way, and I do it most every day, year round. Plus the gas money I save can go towards beer...... I run a few times a week, and swim laps also, though once summer hits I prefer the beach. So with all of that I did my first tri back in April, and got a second in my age group. (mostly due to the bike leg, my swim time sucked but I had the 21st fastest bike time out of over 300)

Stasijane, what Disney Half did you do? I have done five, three in January and two W&D's. This Jan I am signed up for my first Full.

Ctnurse, have a great trip to Europe!

Have a great Fourth, everyone! Phish is in town tomorrow!

Anyone else have to really kick themselves in the butt to get out and exercise? I've been really inconsistent with it most of my adult life. If you do work out what do you do? I'm back on the workout wagon again and started by walking 2 1/2 miles on the bike trail not too far from my house on Sat. Sun. was a little sore and only did 2 miles. Today I'm taking off. My son and I have to pack our 2 cars and bring him back to Boston. He starts a Northeastern co-op job from tomorrow till the end of Dec. No classes till Jan. He's excited. I'll miss him but am so happy for him. He's very happy with life in Boston.

Anyway, this started out to be about workouts. I also have a treadmill so I'll get back on that when the weather is bad. I also have some Biggest Loser videos that aren't bad and I love Dance, Dance Revolution. When my son and friends were big into the game I bought metal dance pads almost like what the arcades have. It's fun for a good sweat without really feeling like a workout. Tomorrow I'm off from work and will be hitting the trail again. Oh and I do have a bike. I may try to stuff that in my car and cycle instead of walk.

I took up running a couple years ago (105 pounds lost over 5 years :yay: ) and started running events this year to keep myself motivated and to push myself. I've signed up for all the Disney runs to force myself to keep at it. Obviously, that's easy for me considering where I live. But I'm sure you can find local events and/or even schedule a destination run at Disney like Stasijane did. Like she said, putting out the money is excellent motivation - LOL. And I agree with her that not wanting to "fail" is a big motivator too. After not being a "runner" all my life, I'm going from entering my first 5k this year to attempting the Goofy Challenge. I just cried a little thinking about the torture I'm putting myself through for that one. That reminds me of another motivator - the bling! Once you have one medal, you'll want more. I ran the Castaway Cay 5k twice on my cruise a couple weeks ago just because I wanted 2 of those stupid plastic medallions.

One last thing....at every race, you'll find every skill level. Don't compare yourself to others, only yourself. There will always be someone faster than you and there will always be someone slower than you. Each time I run, I'm competing against myself and no one else.

Hey all i'm new to the board I found my way here after reading the dark side of Disney book. I'm 26 and from the UK and will be embarking on a solo trip in October for Epcot's 30th. I look forward to talking to you guys on here:cool1:

:welcome: to the SSC! we always love having new people join us, So feel free to pull up a chair and pour yourself a drink! :goodvibes:goodvibes

Tonight's my turn to host some friends at stately Brocktoon Manor. Basically we just grill some food stuffs, drink plenty of alcohol products, and watch some blu-rays. Nothing groundbreaking, but it's a fun time. Way too hot to be outside today though ...

Just watched GOON - great hockey flick! Definatley deserves it's R rating, but if you enjoy underdog type sports movies, it's one of the better I've seen in a long time.

Hope everyone else is relaxing and recharging over the weekend

I saw GOON a couple weeks ago and enjoyed it a ton! It was also a half-way decent Hockey movie.... light years ahead of some of the other hockey movies they've released over the years.

As for this weekend.... it wasn't too bad. my Insomnia has kicked in hardcore again, But I did manage to finally watch Season 4 of the BBC's Being Human [OMFG!!!], and discovered they actually made a short series based off the Dirk Gently books. I was quite enjoying both of those these weekend.

I've been slacking for...oh.....over a year and a half now? I used to be pretty good at swinging by the Gym on my way home from work, But last year I started working overnights due to a project we were working on, and the 4-10's as well as the timing weren't really conducive for swinging by the gym. Since I went back on my usual day shift, I haven't been able to bring myself to get back to the gym, and my gut (as well as some other factors) can see the difference. At first the problem was the back-to-back Disney Trips last year and my not wanting to start the routine to immediately stop going for a week while I'm in Florida.....Then there was the holidays, followed by a bit of $$ concerns where the monthly membership fee was had to justify restarting when I wasn't sure I was actually going ot be able to use it.

HOPEFULLY I can get my butt back into gear and back into the gym, but because of various reasons I just don't see it being a legit possibility until at least after the October meet. :sad2:

Went to see Magic Mike last night with a couple of friends. The only redeeming factor was Channing Tatum. :laughing:

Today I'm just sitting around the house and staying out of the heat.

You know, I read that that movie actually did surprisingly well this weekend. I just can't understand why a movie about male strippers featuring both Channing Tatum and Matthew McConaughey would possibly skew towards a female audience...... :confused3

:rotfl::rotfl:

Biking is great! I am lucky as my work place is bike friendly, as I can bring bike into office, most buildings have showers, plus we have a gym and pool on site. I have a 13 mile commute each way, and I do it most every day, year round. Plus the gas money I save can go towards beer...... I run a few times a week, and swim laps also, though once summer hits I prefer the beach. So with all of that I did my first tri back in April, and got a second in my age group. (mostly due to the bike leg, my swim time sucked but I had the 21st fastest bike time out of over 300)

Stasijane, what Disney Half did you do? I have done five, three in January and two W&D's. This Jan I am signed up for my first Full.

Ctnurse, have a great trip to Europe!

Have a great Fourth, everyone! Phish is in town tomorrow!

That's great that you can ride to work. I used to ride my bike everywhere as a teenager. I used to ride to a friends house that was probably about 8 miles from mine but her father would never let me drive home. He always put my bike in his station wagon and drove me home. He must have thought my parents were terrible for letting me do it. I may put the bike in my car and take a ride this Wed. I probably could just ride it to the trail I used to do it all the time but I've gotten a little nervous about being on the road with the cars.

My son is off to see Phish again this coming weekend at SPAC. I have to get some of their music. I do like what he has played for me.

I took up running a couple years ago (105 pounds lost over 5 years :yay: ) and started running events this year to keep myself motivated and to push myself. I've signed up for all the Disney runs to force myself to keep at it. Obviously, that's easy for me considering where I live. But I'm sure you can find local events and/or even schedule a destination run at Disney like Stasijane did. Like she said, putting out the money is excellent motivation - LOL. And I agree with her that not wanting to "fail" is a big motivator too. After not being a "runner" all my life, I'm going from entering my first 5k this year to attempting the Goofy Challenge. I just cried a little thinking about the torture I'm putting myself through for that one. That reminds me of another motivator - the bling! Once you have one medal, you'll want more. I ran the Castaway Cay 5k twice on my cruise a couple weeks ago just because I wanted 2 of those stupid plastic medallions.

One last thing....at every race, you'll find every skill level. Don't compare yourself to others, only yourself. There will always be someone faster than you and there will always be someone slower than you. Each time I run, I'm competing against myself and no one else.

Wow congratulations on the weight loss! That's awesome! I did try to run a little on my first day out walking but I think I'll do some more walking and bike riding before trying the running thing again. I didn't like long distance running when I was on the track team in HS. I preferred sprints and was a hurdler. But I want to give running another try.

I've been slacking for...oh.....over a year and a half now? I used to be pretty good at swinging by the Gym on my way home from work, But last year I started working overnights due to a project we were working on, and the 4-10's as well as the timing weren't really conducive for swinging by the gym. Since I went back on my usual day shift, I haven't been able to bring myself to get back to the gym, and my gut (as well as some other factors) can see the difference. At first the problem was the back-to-back Disney Trips last year and my not wanting to start the routine to immediately stop going for a week while I'm in Florida.....Then there was the holidays, followed by a bit of $$ concerns where the monthly membership fee was had to justify restarting when I wasn't sure I was actually going ot be able to use it.

HOPEFULLY I can get my butt back into gear and back into the gym, but because of various reasons I just don't see it being a legit possibility until at least after the October meet. :sad2:

I've been there! A couple months on 6 months off. All different time periods on and off but I have to squeeze it in and I know I can. I don't even need the gym. I have everything I need. Treadmill, weights, resistance bands. Videos and the bike trail.

I've been there! A couple months on 6 months off. All different time periods on and off but I have to squeeze it in and I know I can. I don't even need the gym. I have everything I need. Treadmill, weights, resistance bands. Videos and the bike trail.

I don't have the space in my apartment for a big setup.... and honestly.... At least for me, I'm probably better off going to the gym. It's a lot harder to cheat when you need to swing by the gym than if you have the equipment at home with so many distractions around.

Just thought I'd throw out a reminder....

Hershey Meet is happening in about 3 weeks on Saturday, July 21st. I'll probably be sending out a PM to everyone who has either said they are coming or that they might be coming in about a week to help work out details and get everyone together. If you think you might be interested and joining us feel free to let me know and I'll get you added to the list (Available on the first post).

I also noticed this weekend that Giant is selling discounted Hershey tickets, so it might be worth looking into if you plan on going since you can get your tickets cheaper than at the gate.

And a General Reminder.... the Big WDW Meet is planning for October 13th. Our planner Tara is still working out details/plans, but if you think you might like to join us let us know so we can get you added to that list as well.

:goodvibes:goodvibes

Hershey Meet is happening in about 3 weeks on Saturday, July 21st. I'll probably be sending out a PM to everyone who has either said they are coming or that they might be coming in about a week to help work out details and get everyone together. If you think you might be interested and joining us feel free to let me know and I'll get you added to the list (Available on the first post).

I also noticed this weekend that Giant is selling discounted Hershey tickets, so it might be worth looking into if you plan on going since you can get your tickets cheaper than at the gate.

oh we're still doing that??:lmao: why do we seem to pick the hottest time of the year to do Hershey...when chocolate melts!!
are we meeting for drinks the night before?

oh we're still doing that??:lmao: why do we seem to pick the hottest time of the year to do Hershey...when chocolate melts!!
are we meeting for drinks the night before?

Here's hoping for a major cooldown before that weekend. And if not.... I guess we just need to plan to bring our bathing suits for the water area. ;)

As for drinks, I don't think I'll have any problem with it.

hello all.. I just found this post.. I have been on the boards for many years, but dont post alot.. I am somewhat newly solo (single)-- have a huge place in my heart for Disney and love sharing and talking about it with others.. Im looking forward to getting to know you guys here... and talking Disney of course.. Hope you dont mind if I join you..:goodvibes

hello all.. I just found this post.. I have been on the boards for many years, but dont post alot.. I am somewhat newly solo (single)-- have a huge place in my heart for Disney and love sharing and talking about it with others.. Im looking forward to getting to know you guys here... and talking Disney of course.. Hope you dont mind if I join you..:goodvibes

:welcome: Glad you are here, you will like it here!:goodvibes

When is the Disney meet again? October right?

October 13th is going to be the official meet, at Epcot F&W, there will also be other get togethers planned. I believe our prince is keeping track of those attending, if you are coming let us know, we would love to have you!:)

Hmm. That will mean two trips in two weeks. I GOING to Epcot 30th. Lol. Is there a date when you gotta RSVP?

Oh, go see Amazing Spider-Man. Fantastic movie. Honestly, up there with Avengers and Dark Knight

Bleh.... damned insomnia has returned bigtime. This sucks... :sad2:

:welcome: to the SSC! We always love having more people join in the fun here, and another Texas princess: to add to the collection wouldn't hurt at all. :goodvibes:goodvibes

Feel free to pull up a chair, pour yourself a drink, and join into the conversation!

October 13th is going to be the official meet, at Epcot F&W, there will also be other get togethers planned. I believe our prince is keeping track of those attending, if you are coming let us know, we would love to have you!:)

:rotfl: All I'm doing is updating the first post with the list of those who've stated they plan on coming. Figured someone had to keep tabs. ;)

Hmm. That will mean two trips in two weeks. I GOING to Epcot 30th. Lol. Is there a date when you gotta RSVP?

Oh, go see Amazing Spider-Man. Fantastic movie. Honestly, up there with Avengers and Dark Knight

Yes. You need to RSVP by October 12th. ;)

In all reality, I don't think we'll have too much of a hardset deadline for RSVP's to attend....especcially for those more local who can swing by with less planning. The primary reason we ended up figuring out the date already was so that those who needed to arrange flights and a place to stay had more lead time in which to do so. Once we get a better idea what's going on, then maybe we might have more set RSVP deadlines for specific things...such as ADR's... but even then i don't know how much TS will be done due to all the munchies available at F&W

The biggest issue would just be making sure you know how to hook up with the group. And that could be easily handled by letting us...or someone... know that you are thinking about attending so that we can make sure you know how to find us if you do end up being able to make it....such as via cell/text messages.

And a General Reminder.... the Big WDW Meet is planning for October 13th. Our planner Tara is still working out details/plans, but if you think you might like to join us let us know so we can get you added to that list as well.

I was just at Hersheypark on Sunday (I know...Stupid!!!) and it was HOT!!!! I had a free ticket to use up before tomorrow (7/4). I also got to ride the new roller coaster (Skyrush)...I will NEVER and I repeat NEVER do that again!!! It was fun, but I felt like I was going to fall out of the seat. There is no shoulder harness, it is only a lap bar and every time we hit a hill or a dip, I was out of my seat.

I would be willing to meet up for drinks the night before. The Bears Den is right there or Aroogas has a nice bar.

Thank you for the warm welcome! I have a feeling I will enjoy coming here and chatting with you guys..

Glad this day is over and on to a semi relaxing day tomorrow..

Hope everyone has a wonderful Fourth of July!

Happy 4th of July everyone! Stay safe and remember drinking and lighting off fireworks causes more drink casualties today than any other reason! Have someone hold your drink THEN light off the fireworks! Hahaha

beergut-1.gif

4thofJuly.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter