Singles Social Club: It's Always 5 o'clock here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My car finally made it from California. :banana: The shipper picked it up about 330pm and it was here by 715pm. The guy made damn good time! haha. One less thing for me to stress over when I go to Chicago on Thursday. :woohoo:

That's a shame. Sure you can't convince them that you have to miss the first meeting so you can go on a research trip to ZooAmerica? ;)

Totally! We even have a few people around here who have done it, including Darcy and Christine (stitchSomethingorrather... forget her DIS handle off the top of my head).

The only thing that has kept me from doing it over the past couple years is $$$. Unfortunately my current job isn't one that's easy to transfer or provides a lot of opportunities in other locations.

Heh... And how long is that not too distant future? Or will you not know until after the next election cycle? ;)

election cycle has nothing to do with it, although my thoughts may change at this point I'm thinking 30 years at the current job is enough, time to move on

election cycle has nothing to do with it, although my thoughts may change at this point I'm thinking 30 years at the current job is enough, time to move on

Sooooo.......

Maybe for the October Meet? ;)

Hello all! Thought I would pop in and say hi :)

I had been hoping to be able to make a last minute run to Disney a couple of weeks ago (with my 3 kids and my boyfriend's 2 kids), but alas was unable to :sad1:

However, Southwest happened to have a big airfare sale last week, and I was able to use my SW points to get 4 nonstop RT tickets for Nov 7-13 for my kiddos and I for a super-reasonable price :cool1: We will stay 1 night at AKV-Kidani and then 5 nights at OKW. Managed to snag some great dining reservations and should be able to try 5 new TS places this trip, including Ohana and a Fantasmic lunch at Mama Melrose. I am not planning to tell the kids until we get *much* closer, maybe even until we get to the airport :rolleyes1

In other news, I have been absent because I have been busily sorting through my stuff and starting to pack because I am going to be moving the 100 miles to the same town my boyfriend is in :love: Kinda makes me laugh to remember that a few months ago I was here saying I didn't think I was going to go on that first date with him, and a few months before that, I was bad-mouthing PlentyOfFish (which is where we met). Sometimes being wrong is actually a very good thing :goodvibes

I had been hoping to be able to make a last minute run to Disney a couple of weeks ago (with my 3 kids and my boyfriend's 2 kids), but alas was unable to :sad1:

However, Southwest happened to have a big airfare sale last week, and I was able to use my SW points to get 4 nonstop RT tickets for Nov 7-13 for my kiddos and I for a super-reasonable price :cool1: We will stay 1 night at AKV-Kidani and then 5 nights at OKW. Managed to snag some great dining reservations and should be able to try 5 new TS places this trip, including Ohana and a Fantasmic lunch at Mama Melrose. I am not planning to tell the kids until we get *much* closer, maybe even until we get to the airport :rolleyes1

In other news, I have been absent because I have been busily sorting through my stuff and starting to pack because I am going to be moving the 100 miles to the same town my boyfriend is in :love: Kinda makes me laugh to remember that a few months ago I was here saying I didn't think I was going to go on that first date with him, and a few months before that, I was bad-mouthing PlentyOfFish (which is where we met). Sometimes being wrong is actually a very good thing :goodvibes

awesome news all the way around !! pirate::thumbsup2:thumbsup2

As the pirate: mentioned, Last year we met outside the gates prior to the park opening. Since the park is scheduled to open at 10am that day, figure a meetup time around 9:30?

I'll probably also PM everyone on the list as planning to be there within the week prior with my cell # so that with stragglers and the crowds we can manage to find each other in the park.

i'll go ahead and add you as a maybe to the list. Hope you can make it! This group can be a real blast to hang out with.

:goodvibes:goodvibes

Thanks! Hope I can make it! I'd love to meet everyone!

:woohoo::woohoo:

Congrats!

(Though couldn't you have planned your trip for the October meet? Then we could all finally meet you! ;) )

Thanks! Hope I can make it! I'd love to meet everyone!

If you do, you won't be disappointed. We are quite the unique group. :lmao:

Random and completely out of curiosity, have any of you considered the whole "drop everything and move to Florida" change? Sometimes I feel like I could just give up what I have tying me here, which isn't a whole lot, and make the move to Florida...

My (now ex-)wife and I did that in 2000. She's a civil engineer and was working a job in the field that was coming to an end. Rather than head back to the corporate office, we looked down here for something new for both of us and have never looked back. I love being able to go to Disney any time I feel like it without the pressure of having to do everything in one trip. I also love that I can be outside kayaking, running, playing golf year round. There's just so much to do down here.

You mean there is hope on POF?!?!

awesome news all the way around !! pirate::thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Thanks :) I can't remember the last time I was this happy, guy or no guy, but I also think he is pretty special (he needs to be, to put up with me ;) ).

:woohoo::woohoo:

Congrats!

(Though couldn't you have planned your trip for the October meet? Then we could all finally meet you! ;) )
Thanks, and lol, sorry, but I've had a room reserved for that weekend for quite some time and there isn't any good DVC availability in October :( Plus, we should get to see the Osborne lights!

If you do, you won't be disappointed. We are quite the unique group. :lmao:

that is the understatement of the year LOL pirate::rotfl2::lmao:

LOL, I have to agree with DC and Mickey on this one, but unique is good, right?

I had the same question/reaction! :confused3

I was on POF off and on for 3 years, so I don't know how much hope that will give you ;) But, I'm a church girl that was looking for a church guy and I am pretty darn picky....he was the first guy I met off there on purpose (if any of you remember my facebook friend from POF from November-ish, I see that guy almost weekly at allergy shots, lol, but we never went out) and he is the only guy I've dated since my ex and I split 4 years ago. I wasn't interested in quantity, just quality :) (and proximity and church attendance and....it's a wonder I found anyone, lol)

ok, are you trying to scare them off??! :rolleyes:

"A Pirate, A Diva, And a Prince, walk into a Theme Park....."

Yup.... definitely see how that could be an interesting start to a story.... or joke. :rotfl:

I had the same question/reaction! :confused3

There are Plenty of Fish..... just most of them you gotta throw back. Eventually the odds would indicate that you'd end up catching a trophy catch though.

I mean hell.... Someone's gotta win the lottery eventually, right?

Thanks, and lol, sorry, but I've had a room reserved for that weekend for quite some time and there isn't any good DVC availability in October :( Plus, we should get to see the Osborne lights!

Damn DVC and all the Food and Wine DVC Owners!

:rotfl:

"A Pirate, A Diva, And a Prince, walk into a Theme Park....."
Yup.... definitely see how that could be an interesting start to a story.... or joke. :rotfl:

what an awesome beginning to a story ! pirate::thumbsup2:thumbsup2

and certainly NOT a bedtime story for children :scared1:pirate:

DCTooTall said:
There are Plenty of Fish..... just most of them you gotta throw back. Eventually the odds would indicate that you'd end up catching a trophy catch though.

I mean hell.... Someone's gotta win the lottery eventually, right?

Sometimes I think winning the lottery would be easier...

"

the problem is, with the age of the fish I'm searching for, most look like they washed ashore months ago, and the possible trophy fish look like they've been mounted, nailed to a board and hung on a wall :lmao::rolleyes1pirate:

the problem is, with the age of the fish I'm searching for, most look like they washed ashore months ago, and the possible trophy fish look like they've been mounted, nailed to a board and hung on a wall :lmao::rolleyes1pirate:

Laughing…
Too…
hard…
To…
Type…

oops, did I say that out loud ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter