Singles Social Club: It's Always 5 o'clock here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all :)

I've been lurking for a few days now so thought I would just jump in and say "hello". Please bear with me while I catch-up with things! I'll be :upsidedow just for a little bit :)

Jen

Welcome! :wave: This is a super nice bunch of people. :goodvibes

Definitely not. :sad2: It gets me kind worked up at times and I look like this :scared: haha. Just gotta roll with the punches ya know?

I am amazed at how you keep smiling through everything lately... Says a lot about your character! Or explains why the rum is all gone. :thumbsup2

Thanks much :) I'll try to avoid too many drinks because I'll end up dancing on the table lol :dancer:

Don't let that stop you. You wouldn't be the first one in this group. ;)

I am amazed at how you keep smiling through everything lately... Says a lot about your character! Or explains why the rum is all gone. :thumbsup2

Let's just say there is a reason Blue is our resident bartender.....

....He's too good to let the rum supply disappear before order more to restock. ;)

Sometimes I wonder how I manage to stay in good spirits but when you have great friends, supportive family, and an amazing wife there isn't much more you need in life. :) That and lots of rum:rotfl:

Let's just say there is a reason Blue is our resident bartender.....

....He's too good to let the rum supply disappear before order more to restock. ;)

Hahahahaha I thought it was because I was our resident jack of most trades and had a bartending license? :confused3

I actually don't have any rum in my house right now. I do have some Tennessee Honey Jack and some UV Cake Vodka(which is TASTY!!!) though. haha. I would buy some but the fundage is getting dangerously low.

Hahahahaha I thought it was because I was our resident jack of most trades and had a bartending license? :confused3

Well... there was that too. ;)

And now for something completely different....

Hershey Meet People! July 21st. Who's planning on coming? Anybody need any info for the place? I'm hoping we can exceed last year's number of people who attended..... And it's a blast! :)

Oh... And Chocolate World. Can't forget to mention Chocolate world! :goodvibes:goodvibes

Well... there was that too. ;)

And now for something completely different....

Hershey Meet People! July 21st. Who's planning on coming? Anybody need any info for the place? I'm hoping we can exceed last year's number of people who attended..... And it's a blast! :)

Oh... And Chocolate World. Can't forget to mention Chocolate world! :goodvibes:goodvibes

Where did you say I could fly direct to on SW?

On another note, DD8 is going for 2 weeks at overnight camp in North Carolina this weekend, I will be a mess. Although, the second week I will be distracted with my trip to the British Virgin Islands, but still, am I a crazy mom for sending her to camp so young and so far away??!?!?

On another note, DD8 is going for 2 weeks at overnight camp in North Carolina this weekend, I will be a mess. Although, the second week I will be distracted with my trip to the British Virgin Islands, but still, am I a crazy mom for sending her to camp so young and so far away??!?!?

You are not crazy at all. I understand how you feel, if you didn't feel she wasn't in great hands you would not have sent her. She will have a great time at camp and you will have a great time in the BVI. I totally understand since I am leaving DS and going to Europe next month. He will be with my Mom and be fine but I will still worry. Worrying is something us Moms do.

You are not crazy at all. I understand how you feel, if you didn't feel she wasn't in great hands you would not have sent her. She will have a great time at camp and you will have a great time in the BVI. I totally understand since I am leaving DS and going to Europe next month. He will be with my Mom and be fine but I will still worry. Worrying is something us Moms do.

Good point, it's just part of being a mom I suppose! Worst part is she is the type of kid that will likely just happily say "bye mom" and go, well maybe it's good, but still hard!

What are you doing in Europe?

Good point, it's just part of being a mom I suppose! Worst part is she is the type of kid that will likely just happily say "bye mom" and go, well maybe it's good, but still hard!

What are you doing in Europe?

I totally understand. I dropped DS off at baseball practice tonight for the first time. I usually stay, but I had so much to get done, and it was only 60 degrees out so I left him. When I picked him up he told me that he missed me so much, that I melted.

Going to Paris for some much needed adult time! I can't wait I leave in 28 days, but who is counting!:cool1:

There were some Direct flights into BWI that I saw when I looked. It's the same airport that TDB flew into. (Actually... I should probably ping her since she's been AWOL for so long. I'm guessing school is probably out by now...)

And you aren't crazy. My parents sent me to Culver Indiana for a 8 week camp when I was 9. This was back when I lived in Atlanta.

Going to Paris for some much needed adult time! I can't wait I leave in 28 days, but who is counting!:cool1:

Bow Chicka Wow wow!

;)

There were some Direct flights into BWI that I saw when I looked. It's the same airport that TDB flew into. (Actually... I should probably ping her since she's been AWOL for so long. I'm guessing school is probably out by now...)

And you aren't crazy. My parents sent me to Culver Indiana for a 8 week camp when I was 9. This was back when I lived in Atlanta.

Let me check flight prices, I am a maybe.

Thanks for saying I am not crazy, starting to feel a bit crazy now that it's close. Tell TDB we all miss her, and I need her in the Oct planning!;)

Let me check flight prices, I am a maybe.

Thanks for saying I am not crazy, starting to feel a bit crazy now that it's close. Tell TDB we all miss her, and I need her in the Oct planning!;)

The 3 easiest airports for this area are going to be BWI, Philly, or Harrisburg (MDT). I know frontier just started servicing harrisburg with direct orlando flights (took over airtran's route) for pretty cheap, but I haven't seen who else comes out of there or pricing.

And just texted TDB. We'll see if she's alive. :rotfl:

Well... TDB is alive....

...Unfortunately she may not be able to make the October meet due to a cousin with really bad wedding timing.... :sad1:

Oh no! Do we have a list of who is in? I should be more on top of all this...

I know I'll be there. We are still trying to convince CT to show up. You know Darcy will most likely make an appearance (hey... we may even finally meet the her boytoy. ;) ).

Did BigE say he was planning on making it down?

I'm not sure about the Diva. I remember her saying she had a trip in October to the caribbean that could conflict, but I don't remember exact details of that.

Anybody else? Oct 13th at WDW?

I know I'll be there. We are still trying to convince CT to show up. You know Darcy will most likely make an appearance (hey... we may even finally meet the her boytoy. ;) ).

Did BigE say he was planning on making it down?

I'm not sure about the Diva. I remember her saying she had a trip in October to the caribbean that could conflict, but I don't remember exact details of that.

Anybody else? Oct 13th at WDW?

I will be there in October. I have taken the time off of work and have a sitter. Looking forward to meet. I have meet Darcy's man. He is awesome.

I will be there in October. I have taken the time off of work and have a sitter. Looking forward to meet. I have meet Darcy's man. He is awesome.

I will be there too, but still would like to room with someone(s). I am kinda waiting for discounts for AP's when we are going!

I am most looking forward to going during low crowds, something I have never experienced...:goodvibes

I will be there too, but still would like to room with someone(s). I am kinda waiting for discounts for AP's when we are going!

I am most looking forward to going during low crowds, something I have never experienced...:goodvibes

Once you visit during the "low crowds" time, you'll (almost) never want to visit during the peak seasons. October and November before the holidays and January to March are the best times at the parks. Great weather and low crowds!

Oh, you are so *not* crazy... You're giving your DD a great opportunity!! I was at camp for 2 weeks every year from that age until I was old enough to become a camp counselor myself, and to this day those 2 weeks every year remain the greatest memories of my life. I'm not going to tell you not to worry, though -- like ctnurse said, it's just what we do. :hug: Just wait until she starts driving -- then you'll wonder why you bothered to worry about something like camp!! LOL :eek:

If we've already established that all the wonderful princesses are here in Texas, why are y'all meeting in PA? ;)

Hi All,

Yes, count me in for the DIS Meet in October. I will be flying in Thursday for some much needed WDW time.

E

Unfortunately the crowds may not be too low. I've been heading down during October for the past 6 years, and the crowds have been steadily building year to year. It won't be packed, but the crowds will probably be in the moderate levels if last year is any indication. It's still my favorite time of year to visit. Now the World Showcase can get packed on weekends for the F&W fest, but it can also be fun hitting the kiosks with that many people around.

I'm in if anything is going on for 10/13. I'm booked and paid for 10/11 - 10/18. I'm flying down 10/11 and crashing with my parents in Fort Wilderness (they arrive 10/10). I've got a few dinner reservations with my parents as well as the Swan/Dolphin F&W event on 10/12 ... but besides that I sort of do my own thing while I'm down. I have to see what other F&W event are occuring when the schedule finally gets released

For anybody near Bay Lake during that time, the Brocktoon RV should be parked in a preffered campsite near Pioneer Hall. I should be bringing down a couple cases of craft beer, and I've been known to share if anyone catches me while I'm lounging outside. Easy to spot, as we've got a big green Mickey Head out front (pic from last year):

FWRV2011.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter