Singles Social Club: It's Always 5 o'clock here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wanted to pop in for a drive-by howdy. :wave2: I never have time to keep up with this fast-moving thread, but wish I did! Y'all have a lot of fun here. :goodvibes Sounds like you guys have some fun meets planned!

Hope everyone has a great holiday weekend! :cool1:

-gina-

Hi, just excited to have another Texas girl here! We also have Texas Disney Belle (TDB) but she has been busy, I hope she is back soon!

Welcome to the group:goodvibes

I just did my online flight check in for tomorrows flight!!! How am I supposed to get through my work day...:confused:

Persistance pays off, I just snagged an 8:20 Crystal Palace breakfast for my MK day. We should be done by park open at 9:00 correct? I have never done a breakfast at the parks before...

That's great! CP is my favorite for a character breakfast, and being in the park before it opens is a great photo op. Have a great trip!

Looking forward to the three-day weekend here, and weather is supposed to be great. Hope everyone enjoys theirs!

So I just posted a profile over on the other thread yesterday and decided to come over here to join the party. Wasn't going to start my party this early in the morning but my work computer has the blue screen of death and I'm not "allowed" to work on my personal computer. (Working from home has it's advantages sometimes. :thumbsup2)

I live about an hour from the FL parks now. I used to live in Atlanta but moved down here 7 months ago to take a chance on someone. Turned out bad but I'm making the best of it and now at least I'm in Florida. (I should have known better - he didn't love Disney!)

I've been going to WDW my whole life and always thought of it as my happy place until I went on my 1st DCL cruise in 2007 and now I know my home is at sea. I just got off the Wonder's Inaugural trip to Hawaii and I want to go back SO bad. Next booked cruise is not until Sept '13 so have to do something to cure the withdrawal. Hope they have some cheap rates for FL residents soon...

I read back a little ways on here to see what kind of group this was a I am already looking forward to the October meet-up. This seems like the kind of place I will fit in.

Oh, and since I know I will be asked... pirate: all the way except for formal nights - a girl's gotta have some bling!

Welcome to Florida. Looks like we're practically neighbors. My daughter and I are heading on our first Disney cruise in June. Can't wait!

Seriously.... What's with the concentration of princess:'s in the Houston area? That just doesn't seem fair. :rotfl:

Hey, it doesn't seem too fair to me that it's only princess:'s and no pirate:'s around here!! :laughing:

Welcome. I just post when I can, but lurk a lot during the day. Have a great weekend. Mine is packed full of fun stuff. I can't wait for a long weekend. It going to be a great one. Do you have any plans?

I'm definitely looking forward to a long weekend!! No real plans, though. My son will be with his father for most of the weekend, so I guess I'll be doing my usual wander-around-the-house-wondering-what-to-do-with-myself routine. Lol. Maybe do some gaming. What sort of fun stuff are you doing? I'll live through you vicariously! :thumbsup2

Hi, just excited to have another Texas girl here! We also have Texas Disney Belle (TDB) but she has been busy, I hope she is back soon!

Hi, and thanks! Where in Houston do you live? I grew up in SW Houston, near Town & Country Mall, but got the heck out as soon as I could, lol. I still work here, though, and all my family are still here. But I'm awful happy to go home at the end of the day. I live right on the Pearland/Friendswood line.

I've been going to WDW my whole life and always thought of it as my happy place until I went on my 1st DCL cruise in 2007 and now I know my home is at sea. I just got off the Wonder's Inaugural trip to Hawaii and I want to go back SO bad. Next booked cruise is not until Sept '13 so have to do something to cure the withdrawal. Hope they have some cheap rates for FL residents soon...

Is Disney cruising not just the BEST??? :cloud9: It's like the marriage of everything awesome -- Disney atmosphere and tons of characters, plus the pure bliss that is cruising in itself. LOVE it. I'm so stinkin' excited about "our ship" sailing practically out of our backyard, I am absolutely beside myself. :hyper:

The problem with the Hershey meet is that I already am leaving DS for more the a week in July and then again for a long weekend in Sept to celebrate my birthday and then again for the Oct meet. I really can't get away for another weekend, but I can't wait for the Oct meet.

Well if that's the only problem, I don't think we'd mind if you brought your DS along. It might be worth checking out the Hershey Website to see if there are rides there that he'd enjoy. He sounds like a pretty well behaved kinda kid, so as long as you aren't too worried about us corrupting him, I don't think he'd be too much trouble to come along.

Well school should be ending soon, So TDB's free time should HOPEFULLY increase a bit to give her some SSC time. Then again, when I last talked to her a few months ago she mentioned moving this summer, so who knows when she'll get a chance to return to us. :confused3

That being said.... it's also slightly ironic. Another princess: shows up in Texas in this group..... around the same time we get another guy showing up here in PA. I'm noticing a definite trend as far as central hubs for people in this group. :rotfl:

Day 1 could not have been better, about to head to CP to start day 2! Man, would be nice if today went a smooth as yesterday!:goodvibes

Hi, and thanks! Where in Houston do you live? I grew up in SW Houston, near Town & Country Mall, but got the heck out as soon as I could, lol. I still work here, though, and all my family are still here. But I'm awful happy to go home at the end of the day. I live right on the Pearland/Friendswood line.

I am in the Heights, so pretty close to town! I passed by your side of town the other day on my way to surf side!!

OMG! Last day of school (for me as a teacher and the kiddos), surprise reveal for the kids tonight, and we leave for the airport at 4:30 tomorrow morning!! Sooooo ready!

:welcome: to the group! pull up a chair, grab yourself a drink, and feel free to join into the fun! :goodvibes
Thanks!!! :) Yay, Friday!

By the way, Jess, I just went on your blog and saw the cinnamon chips and now I'm making them. ::yes:: They look so good!

By the way, Jess, I just went on your blog and saw the cinnamon chips and now I'm making them. ::yes:: They look so good!

I am soooo glad you posted that!! I am so bad about noticing stuff... I hadn't seen that blog at all, and then realized I hadn't even noticed that my own blog link was missing from my sig. LOL :rolleyes:

Anyways, love the blog, Jess! And those cinnamon-sugar chips look amazing. I have a recipe to make a cinnamon-"sugar" blend with Truvia, and I'm going to use that with the low-carb tortillas I eat and try to make a version of that recipe that will fit in my diet. Challenge accepted, diet!! :thumbsup2

Following the blog now -- looking forward to reading more!

-gina-

I am soooo glad you posted that!! I am so bad about noticing stuff... I hadn't seen that blog at all, and then realized I hadn't even noticed that my own blog link was missing from my sig. LOL :rolleyes:

-gina-

lol I'm glad I could help! Now I'll have to check out your blog :)

Another super great day, today at the Monsters Inc. Laugh show in MK they choose my kid in the comedy skit, she was soooo happy. And, breakfast at CP was fabulous, we checked in early and were sat right away, finished by rope drop and were the first riders on Space Mountain! Whole day went great.

Only tip, they are now enforcing the end time on fast passes. I was so used to them not, I got caught off guard. No biggie, just if you expected to get on past the time you no longer can!

OMG! Last day of school (for me as a teacher and the kiddos), surprise reveal for the kids tonight, and we leave for the airport at 4:30 tomorrow morning!! Sooooo ready!

Have fun! I guess you're gone already! A little over a month left of school for me. I hope to get to WDW or DL this summer again ... My March trip to DL was too cold!

Is there a meet this weekend at the parks?

:welcome: to the group.

The Official group meet at WDW isn't until Oct 13th.... However there are a few people down there this weekend who I think were talking about maybe trying to get together since their trips overlapped.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter