Singles Social Club: It's 5 o'clock somewhere!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning peeps... so, I am having a last night of the world dinner and drinks at Negril's in Manhattan this evening. I figured since we are all going down tomorrow, Im going down, I want to eat at my favorite restaurant having my favorite drinks. Can't wait! :laughing:

Sounds quite fun. I am on call so can't drink, mostly. Entertaining myself with reminiscing about POTC4 last night. . .Awesome.

Yup! And YOU were the lead on the first Mini-May meet....in May 2006?
Where did ya'll stay? You, BCV and tmli...I think?

I "met" Alacrity around March 2006, and met him in person in Sep 2006 at the ME counter in MCO.

Our big meet was in Dec 2006 and we had lots of fun. (Except when you had to leave Fantasmic to take someone to Illuminations??? If I remember correctly...) We made a few ADR's, Met for EMH at MK and small groups played Mini-Golf, ran MGM, did JR's, etc.

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Ahhhhhh! Memories!

Wow, I didn't realize the first incarnation was that early. I knew it was earlier than when I joined but ya know. . .lol.

based on the apparent level of drinking this group does, I think we need to keep the 5'oclock somewhere, just make it part 2..

This idea is good. . .makes it a continuous place. . .gives it function and form.

trust me, I be drinkin' me Rum when the end occurs tomorrow night, but not too much I must be sober to fight the Zombies..

at times like this it's great to be a Pyrate, some people are stocking up on guns and ammo, I've got my 2 Pyrate swords, no need to reload and no fear of running out of ammo pirate:pirate:

By Captain Jack Sparrow's standards you need a little rum to do the insane. . .

FYI

POTC4 scores 5 skulls on the Pyrate movie rating scale..

I believe your scale is 5 out of 5 skulls. . .can we do a 5 plus?. . .by the way, I am sorry I didn't text last night. I forgot my phone. I picked it up around lunchtime today. . .

I was AT the Star Tours opening ceremony (mostly because I had nothing better to do). Actually I was at the Star Tours soft opening earlier this week too, when it wasn't even officially open yet.
P.S. I was the ugly guy in the ugly hat.

Then I'll be seeing PotC4 in real IMAX 3D later, followed by an opening event for a new Sweet Tomatoes where it'll be only $5 (half price) for dinner, and 100% of that will go to Give Kids the World.

After that, it's a whole lot of Southern Comfort, and high hopes that the world actually DOES end tomorrow. :woohoo:

Okay Brad, we need to talk. . .call me when you get a moment. I am home all weekend cause I am on call.

Hey DC, check it out, we're getting proper credit here...LOL pirate:pirate:

Yeah, whatever. . .lol

Well I'll still be here. lol. If everything goes right I should be in DL in October when the world ends so I'll at least be happy when it happens. haha

Hey you. . .hope the house is back in order somewhat.

that's why the CDC released the info on dealing with the zombie apocolypse, believers[dead and alive} will ascend to heaven
dead non believers, will rise up as zombies, and living non believers, hafta deal with the zombies..I'm prepared I have 2 very sharp Pirate swords, compliments of The Big Red Ship,at the PA REn FAirre I'll be decapitating Zombies. I suppose I'll load up the "357 MAgnum, the 16guage pump action shotgun and the 30-30 lever action rifle, but somehow.......... going Pyrate on Zombies sounds so much more fun..

I really think the sword idea is much more plausible. . .and it just looks better. . .

stole this idea from facebook

• Great idea for Saturday! While these people are praying and waiting for the rapture we can spread sets of clothes all around the outside of the church so that when they leave wondering why the rapture didn't come they'll stumble upon the revelation that there was a rapture; it is just that they were all left behind. Then we videotape the hysteria and post it on youtube.

Perfect. My pastor answered a question about the ending of the world on Saturday at 6 p.m. with "I will address the issue of the rapture on Sunday.". . .Gotta love a pastor with a sense of humor.

I have never heard of this end-of-the-world scenario happening now. Perhaps I don't watch enough tv? I thought it was not until 2012.

And if we start a new thread, my vote will be for "it's 4:20 somewhere."

I am running a 5K tomorrow morning, then going to spend the rest of the day in Brooklyn at some flea markets. Then go catch a local LI band that is playing tomorrow night in Manhatten. The Pirates movie only got two stars here, maybe I will wait for the dvd to come out.

Hope everyone enjoys the weekend! And I hope the caramels come out good :)

I think if you even remotely liked the first 3 pirate movies you will LOVE the 4th. Its awesome. I am really exhausted from being up half the night but ya know. . .awesome movie.

Also, good luck with the 5k.

Just got back from seeing Pirates. I was kind of annoyed that the bar at the theater wasn't open yet.... I was REALLY wanting to get some rum while watching the movie.

Beyond that... I enjoyed it. The scene after the credits though reminds you why it is so dangerous to piss off a woman.

stole this idea from facebook

• Great idea for Saturday! While these people are praying and waiting for the rapture we can spread sets of clothes all around the outside of the church so that when they leave wondering why the rapture didn't come they'll stumble upon the revelation that there was a rapture; it is just that they were all left behind. Then we videotape the hysteria and post it on youtube.

:rotfl: Nice.

No comment.:angel:

:lmao: You are about as much of an angel as I am.

that's assuming that zombies have not over run airports, train stations,, WDW...

hm if you want to ascend, the first step might be withdrawing from this thread and confessing...LOL

Hmmm.... Would Zombies be able to get thru the TSA screenings?

Change of plans...since I'm literally 6 minutes from Downtown Disney, I'm headed there to watch the movie in one of their new Dine-In Theaters, which happens to be what I planned last week when I couldn't find anyone who wanted to go. Normally I don't like seeing movies alone, or dining out alone. Today I don't care, and I'll do dinner AND a movie all alone at the same time! I'll do the $5 all you can eat soup and salad for charity at lunch tomorrow.

Just remember... You are a local down there, So you can get away with hanging out around Disney by yourself.

1. You might be able to find some solo's or tourists who might appreciate a kinda gentleman showing them the sights.

2. You can get away with going out by yourself since you don't really have to worry about seeing many of the tourists around again, so they won't ever catch on that you go out by yourself a lot.

I have never heard of this end-of-the-world scenario happening now. Perhaps I don't watch enough tv? I thought it was not until 2012.

And if we start a new thread, my vote will be for "it's 4:20 somewhere."

I am running a 5K tomorrow morning, then going to spend the rest of the day in Brooklyn at some flea markets. Then go catch a local LI band that is playing tomorrow night in Manhatten. The Pirates movie only got two stars here, maybe I will wait for the dvd to come out.

Hope everyone enjoys the weekend! And I hope the caramels come out good :)

The 2012 date came from the Mayans. I think the nutcase christian group decided they didn't want some pagan natives being the one to predict the end of the world, so they decided to steal the spotlight and come up with their own date. So now all the non-nutcase christians and everyone else are just making the nutcase date a big excuse to party.

And I'd have to go with the non 4:20 group. I don't so much have a problem with joking around about that subject...after all, we are all adults. BUT.... I know there are a LOT of people who use the DIS who may not understand the humor. There were complaints in other forums from people who don't even step foot into the "solo and Adult" forum but saw the "erotic nights" thread title in the recent activity section of the main page. Even for those who do regularly visit this forum, It might scare some fresh faces away from checking out the group, realizing how cool we are, and joining into the conversation. And isn't that what this group is all about? Meeting new people and having a place to joke around and have some fun?

Once you stop being able to make fun of everything, you cant make fun of anything.

that's far from true,

I've never seen anything funny about dead baby jokes, but that hasn't stopped me from making fun of most other things.

and I'm not saying that title can't be used, I'm just not willing to put my job at risk.

and I'm way too old to give in to peer pressure :cool1:pirate:

?

they don't have to, they start eating brains before the screening area, the parking garage, the drop off point out front..etc etc..

if they munch the brains of the screeners, who is there to stop them..

they don't have to, they start eating brains before the screening area, the parking garage, the drop of point out front..etc etc..

if they munch the brains of the screeners, who is there to stop them..

Oh come on.... I know you like to Drive to Florida, but you should know better....

The TSA Screeners don't have brains!

:rotfl:

Oh come on.... I know you like to Drive to Florida, but you should know better....

The TSA Screeners don't have brains!

:rotfl:

too funny, I had literally typed, " then if they can find brains in the screeners they eat those next"

I decided to delete so as to not offend anyone..LOL

besides travel mode excluded, who's to say WDW won't be full of zombies..

Just got back from seeing Pirates. I was kind of annoyed that the bar at the theater wasn't open yet.... I was REALLY wanting to get some rum while watching the movie. Beyond that... I enjoyed it. The scene after the credits though reminds you why it is so dangerous to piss off a woman.

:rotfl: Nice.

:lmao: You are about as much of an angel as I am.

Just remember... You are a local down there, So you can get away with hanging out around Disney by yourself.

1. You might be able to find some solo's or tourists who might appreciate a kinda gentleman showing them the sights.

2. You can get away with going out by yourself since you don't really have to worry about seeing many of the tourists around again, so they won't ever catch on that you go out by yourself a lot.

The 2012 date came from the Mayans. I think the nutcase christian group decided they didn't want some pagan natives being the one to predict the end of the world, so they decided to steal the spotlight and come up with their own date. So now all the non-nutcase christians and everyone else are just making the nutcase date a big excuse to party.

And I'd have to go with the non 4:20 group. I don't so much have a problem with joking around about that subject...after all, we are all adults. BUT.... I know there are a LOT of people who use the DIS who may not understand the humor. There were complaints in other forums from people who don't even step foot into the "solo and Adult" forum but saw the "erotic nights" thread title in the recent activity section of the main page. Even for those who do regularly visit this forum, It might scare some fresh faces away from checking out the group, realizing how cool we are, and joining into the conversation. And isn't that what this group is all about? Meeting new people and having a place to joke around and have some fun?

OMG, posting to this thread is causing me End of World anxiety. . .as in 1. will I finish ontime, 2. will my thoughts be heard, and 3. does anybody really care?. . .okay, time to respond. . .lol.

1. I guess I already assumed you all knew that it was dangerous. . .my bad. . .lol.

2 and 3. . .no comment. . .

4. Who knows. . .I hope that Mickey is more of a zombie expert. . .I just have no skills when dealing. . .lol.

5. Brad needs to learn to pick up the telephone and call his friends. I am usually available but not always online to answer online calls for companionship. . .I would have gone to see the movie AGAIN tonight cause I liked it that much. . .

6. I believe you may have hit the nail on the proverbial head. . .lol.

7. I am with you and Mickey88 there. Keep it simple and "quasi" clean. It is a Disney forum after all. . .

OMG, posting to this thread is causing me End of World anxiety. . .as in 1. will I finish ontime, 2. will my thoughts be heard, and 3. does anybody really care?. . .okay, time to respond. . .lol.

1. I guess I already assumed you all knew that it was dangerous. . .my bad. . .lol.

2 and 3. . .no comment. . .

4. Who knows. . .I hope that Mickey is more of a zombie expert. . .I just have no skills when dealing. . .lol.

5. Brad needs to learn to pick up the telephone and call his friends. I am usually available but not always online to answer online calls for companionship. . .I would have gone to see the movie AGAIN tonight cause I liked it that much. . .

6. I believe you may have hit the nail on the proverbial head. . .lol.

7. I am with you and Mickey88 there. Keep it simple and "quasi" clean. It is a Disney forum after all. . .

Ok, if you are going to number your answers, there should be numbers showing what they are in reference to...I'm so confused..

too funny, I had literally typed, " then if they can find brains in the screeners they eat those next"

I decided to delete so as to not offend anyone..LOL

besides travel mode excluded, who's to say WDW won't be full of zombies..

Easy.... Free Dining.

I don't think you can get brains with a snack or counter service credit.

Ok, if you are going to number your answers, there should be numbers showing what they are in reference to...I'm so confused..

I only responded to DC's post. . .he quoted several different people and I just didn't want to take the time to break up the thread. . .the rapture is coming and I have so many things I still want to do here. . .ROFLMAO. . .

I only responded to DC's post. . .he quoted several different people and I just didn't want to take the time to break up the thread. . .the rapture is coming and I have so many things I still want to do here. . .ROFLMAO. . .

I gathered that part, but you could inseet numbers into his post to make it easy for braindead people like me to follow

evening peeps... is it gettin a little warm in here? anyway, FINALLY saw Thor3D... wow, great movie. and Idrissa Alba should get an academy award for being so fine.

I'm not very well versed in comic books or graphic novels unless its Star Wars-related, but I really really loved the story. and the power didn't go off this time, so I saw the whole thing!

Now, time to put on my "end of the world" bestest dress and head out to Negril... have a great night all. Stay sexy!

I gathered that part, but you could inseet numbers into his post to make it easy for braindead people like me to follow

Its not my fault you didn't nap before the movie so as to have a better outcome when you had to get up with only 2 hrs of sleep to go to work. I feel "nearly" well rested. . .lol.

. .

is this in reference to the spot on the floor..??

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter