Singles Social Club: It's 5 o'clock somewhere!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great! I can put my futon in the den so I can finally move to Florida. :rolleyes1 :rotfl2:

Best of luck with the new place.

Thanks Dave. . .lol. At least if you wanted to actually come visit me, I would have room. . .ROFLMAO. . .

In another note. . .today has been gorgeous. A little bit of cloud action without rain has made it possible for me to have my front and back door open and just run the fan. . .so absolutely comfortable. . .yum.

hi kids!!
so day 2 at the park today....well actually half a day, took one of the bffs back to the airport and met the other one for lunch in Palm Bay. we were "suppose" to see the shuttle launch but once again, that was not the case. so we found this hole in the wall place that served over 45 types if beer and good bbq.
Anyway, had dinner at Prime time cafe, very cool place and I was loving the "adult beverages" that were available. and so dig the glowing ice cubes...so much fun.
So tomorrow is the NE Diva meet...we should all be on property now basking in the greatness that is Disney.
So tomorrow I have my ADR at LeCellier for lunch :cheer2: and I can't wait! I think my plan is to head to Epcot early for EMH, get on Soarin' and take some pictures of some awesome topiaries...so other than the marriage of William and Kate, the death of Bin Laden, the tornados in Arkansas, and the NFL draft....what else is up??

Have fun!
Honorary Diva:laughing:
Dee

Hey guys haven't posted in a while just wanted to say hi! I have been without internet because I finally got an amazing job and moved back to Orlando :cool1: where I belong and have been trying to get back to since I left a few years ago. Hope all is well and hope to talk to all of you again. I see there are so many new pages in this thread and really get distracted so probably won't read them all. Anyone wanna catch me up :)

Welcome back!!:goodvibes I hope you'll be able to spend some time hanging out with us now that your move is done. :thumbsup2 I'm not even going to attempt catching you up because you know how random we are. You'd be better off just diving in. :laughing:

Welcome back!!:goodvibes I hope you'll be able to spend some time hanging out with us now that your move is done. :thumbsup2 I'm not even going to attempt catching you up because you know how random we are. You'd be better off just diving in. :laughing:

/e dives in head first with his eyes closed

Living alone when nothing is physically wrong... fantastic. Living alone with two bad legs... not so great. Left leg has the giant scrape on it, which now has a scab on it so tight, I can't bend it and right leg has the damaged knee which is swollen so bad it's twice the size of my normal leg.

I got stuck on the damn couch, nearly missed the toilet to pee, too much pain to stop at the store for dinner, and left my freaking prescriptions for meds AT MY OFFICE IN FT. MYERS, which is a measly 40 miles from my FREAKING HOUSE!!!

OUCH. OUCH. OUCH.

There, I feel better. It took way more energy than I thought I had to extract myself from the couch. My normal knee injury strategy is to throw myself to the floor and pull myself up on something using the good leg. It would have worked if it weren't for the gaping hole on the "good leg". So after throwing myself to the floor and laying there for 15 mins sending text messages to everyone I knew, I finally came up with a strategy to get myself off the floor.

I want a twix bar :crazy2:

So, the part that pisses me off the most, is ex pseudo-roommate now only lives a mere 300 feet away and I sent a text to her, a mutual friend, and the orphan, and the response I got was "come over here". ***? Now, normally, I would just walk over there, but I can't do that. I can barely tolerate the movement on crutches and to get to my car I have to walk across the lawn, on crutches, and then I have to pull myself into my SUV, on crutches, then I have to drive the car, which hurts like hell since it's my right knee that is injured, then I have to park, which may not be close to their door, and then walk to their unit, on crutches. Meanwhile, there are 3 able bodied people, ages 12-20, telling me to come to them. Holy crap! It was so nice of them to check on me to make sure I didn't need anything or if they could do anything. I took care of these people for 6 months and asked nothing in return. The least they could do is answer my damn text with a cry for help in sincerity, not with a "you come over here"

Wow, I'm pissed.

Living alone when nothing is physically wrong... fantastic. Living alone with two bad legs... not so great. Left leg has the giant scrape on it, which now has a scab on it so tight, I can't bend it and right leg has the damaged knee which is swollen so bad it's twice the size of my normal leg.

I got stuck on the damn couch, nearly missed the toilet to pee, too much pain to stop at the store for dinner, and left my freaking prescriptions for meds AT MY OFFICE IN FT. MYERS, which is a measly 40 miles from my FREAKING HOUSE!!!

OUCH. OUCH. OUCH.

There, I feel better. It took way more energy than I thought I had to extract myself from the couch. My normal knee injury strategy is to throw myself to the floor and pull myself up on something using the good leg. It would have worked if it weren't for the gaping hole on the "good leg". So after throwing myself to the floor and laying there for 15 mins sending text messages to everyone I knew, I finally came up with a strategy to get myself off the floor.

I want a twix bar :crazy2:

So, the part that pisses me off the most, is ex pseudo-roommate now only lives a mere 300 feet away and I sent a text to her, a mutual friend, and the orphan, and the response I got was "come over here". ***? Now, normally, I would just walk over there, but I can't do that. I can barely tolerate the movement on crutches and to get to my car I have to walk across the lawn, on crutches, and then I have to pull myself into my SUV, on crutches, then I have to drive the car, which hurts like hell since it's my right knee that is injured, then I have to park, which may not be close to their door, and then walk to their unit, on crutches. Meanwhile, there are 3 able bodied people, ages 12-20, telling me to come to them. Holy crap! It was so nice of them to check on me to make sure I didn't need anything or if they could do anything. I took care of these people for 6 months and asked nothing in return. The least they could do is answer my damn text with a cry for help in sincerity, not with a "you come over here"

Wow, I'm pissed.

Wow! That's ridiculous! :sad2: If it wasn't for the fact that I live in Vegas I'd come give you a hand. I know what it's like to be totally incapacitated and not be able to fend for yourself. :/ I hope you heal up quickly!

TGIF folks. . .have a great day.

No call for me this weekend. Gotta get ready to move across the driveway next weekend. . .sweet.

So why is it on the last night of my trip, I finally meet a nice looking brotha? Always happens to me. LOL... oh well, he seems nice enough to chat with but damn, I been here all week and nothing. Anyway, its almost 5 'o clock somewhere, so Im going to get me a mimosa, hang out in the Savannah for another hour and then head out... I hope everyone had a great week!

A Navy seal walks into a bar and asks the bartender for a "Bin Laden." The bartender says "Whats that?" The seal replies, "two shots and a splash of water." pirate:

Feeling very discouraged and alone right now.

I know you do hon...when I broke my ankle this year I didn't think I could deal with depending on others since most times there where no others around. And being such an independent person makes it harder. You can do this and know that we are here for entertainment for you at all times. You can do it....you tell your clients that all the time....now it's your turn to listen.

LaLa - so glad you've had a nice trip.

Thanks for the hugs.

The knee is surgical. It's either the MCL, ACL, or both. I've had ACL reconstruction in the past and the graft may have popped. The surgeon said the knee gives no resistence in three directions.

They know for sure there's damage, but not to what extent. So, I have to go for a MRI to see how bad it is and they ordered the MRI immediately. Depending on the results, surgery might be next week.

Feeling very discouraged and alone right now.

Hugs to you my friend.

So why is it on the last night of my trip, I finally meet a nice looking brotha? Always happens to me. LOL... oh well, he seems nice enough to chat with but damn, I been here all week and nothing. Anyway, its almost 5 'o clock somewhere, so Im going to get me a mimosa, hang out in the Savannah for another hour and then head out... I hope everyone had a great week!

That's the way it usually works. Have fun on your last day sweetie. . .

A Navy seal walks into a bar and asks the bartender for a "Bin Laden." The bartender says "Whats that?" The seal replies, "two shots and a splash of water." pirate:

Brett wasted no time reposting. . .lol. That is a funny joke. . .

LaLa - so glad you've had a nice trip.

Thanks for the hugs.

The knee is surgical. It's either the MCL, ACL, or both. I've had ACL reconstruction in the past and the graft may have popped. The surgeon said the knee gives no resistence in three directions.

They know for sure there's damage, but not to what extent. So, I have to go for a MRI to see how bad it is and they ordered the MRI immediately. Depending on the results, surgery might be next week.

Ugh. I am sooooo glad that I have never had surgery on any supportive body part (i.e.; back, neck, arms, legs. . .lol). I was told that I need surgery on my rotator, but it seems to be better since I am not reaching up for charts all day long. . .lol.

I am glad it is Friday. My job is actually quite enjoyable but I feel so drained from all the training I've had from the past two weeks that my brain needs a rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter