Singles Social Club: It's 5 o'clock somewhere!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I might be in love with you...:lovestruc...an entire suitcase devoted to sandals...:rotfl:

We got excited about our sandals. We wear the same size shoe and we both are proud owners of closets full of sandals due to the fact that no one in their right mind should wear a closed shoe in Vegas outside of winter (which is VERY short). We were flying SWA so we could check two bags each. We still opted for only one extra suitcase with shoes. . .it was the joke of the summer. . .lol.

You two are too fun. . .lol.

I have never met either of them but I do know that the old banter of the original Singles thread was fun and playful and they would be attracted to that.

I have read enuf of your posts that I feel as if I know you, darcy.

You're almost correct....initially the "It's 5 o'clock somewhere" made me look past the title....We're Jimmy Buffett fans.

Then I saw people I knew, read some posts and realized that ya'll are a whole lot like we were...so I wanted to see what/who developed.

Matchmaking was a fun Hobby....but I think I'm *mostly* retired.

Magic is a neat thing, you never know where you'll find it.

pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:

I believe the original thread started in 2007. I joined in 2008. I got to know quite a few people through a couple May meets and some other meet ups. It started out quite fun, but drama started there wayyyyyy too early. This thread is already on its 2nd life and is still fun and relatively drama free. Lets hope it stays that way.

Nope, that was already the second incarnation. The "original" group was 2005 or so. :)

It is late, I am a few beers (ok many) into tonight at my Aunts house in OKC, just wanted to say hello!!!:cool1: Nice to get away, wish I were at Disney, but I'll take this!

Good morning peeps... so, I am having a last night of the world dinner and drinks at Negril's in Manhattan this evening. I figured since we are all going down tomorrow, Im going down, I want to eat at my favorite restaurant having my favorite drinks. Can't wait! :laughing:

Nope, that was already the second incarnation. The "original" group was 2005 or so. :)

Yup! And YOU were the lead on the first Mini-May meet....in May 2006?
Where did ya'll stay? You, BCV and tmli...I think?

I "met" Alacrity around March 2006, and met him in person in Sep 2006 at the ME counter in MCO.

Our big meet was in Dec 2006 and we had lots of fun. (Except when you had to leave Fantasmic to take someone to Illuminations??? If I remember correctly...) We made a few ADR's, Met for EMH at MK and small groups played Mini-Golf, ran MGM, did JR's, etc.

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Ahhhhhh! Memories!

Good morning peeps... so, I am having a last night of the world dinner and drinks at Negril's in Manhattan this evening. I figured since we are all going down tomorrow, Im going down, I want to eat at my favorite restaurant having my favorite drinks. Can't wait! :laughing:

I love the way you think!!! I better figure out what my last meal will be too, now I have to figure out a way to get my future husband, Derek Jeter to join me;).

TGIF Sorry I forgot I was thinking about my future husband;). What does everyone have planned???

Have a great day off to work.:goodvibes

I might need my sunglasses today the sun may come out!:cool1::cool1:

umm the world isn't supposed to end until 6 Pm Saturday... where is everybody :scared1:

Oh, shoot! At least I'll be with friends at the end... The new guy at church (the tall/young one) is having a cookout tomorrow night so we can all see his place and hang out (and by "we" I mean 3/4 of the church).

Another friend had a baby last week, so I'll be making chicken and noodles and caramels again. Apparently that is now the expected baby-meal from me, lol.

Can you believe we're on page 200 of this thread? We are so chatty!:rotfl:

Pretty soon we'll have to start brainstorming names for the SSC part 3. :)
:grouphug:

Oh, shoot! At least I'll be with friends at the end... The new guy at church (the tall/young one) is having a cookout tomorrow night so we can all see his place and hang out (and by "we" I mean 3/4 of the church).

Another friend had a baby last week, so I'll be making chicken and noodles and caramels again. Apparently that is now the expected baby-meal from me, lol.
But didn't you say that more than 3/4 of the people in your church are married??? Have fun!
I want chicken and noodles followed by caramels....Yum
2005 sounds about right. I remember discovering the thread :surfweb: shortly after I got a job with Connecticut Opera which was Summer 2005.
That must have been a cool job ,I love the opera. Think of Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman. Thats how I am with the opera.
Can you believe we're on page 200 of this thread? We are so chatty!:rotfl:

Pretty soon we'll have to start brainstorming names for the SSC part 3. :)
:grouphug:

I thought the same thing this am when saw the page # too.

2005 sounds about right. I remember discovering the thread :surfweb: shortly after I got a job with Connecticut Opera which was Summer 2005.

wait a minute, you work at CT Opera now? If you do, who is running the box office there now or did they outsource?? They gave me my first job when I graduated from UHA back in 1995. I worked as a Box Office associate. Awww man, I loved that place. :)

Is this tall/young one a prospect?? Girl, see if you can come an hour or so early to help set up, and maybe light the fire?? (on the grill, that is) :rotfl: :rolleyes1

I love the way you think!!! I better figure out what my last meal will be too, now I have to figure out a way to get my future husband, Derek Jeter to join me;).

Girl... if you figure that one out, see if his friend Idrissa Alba can stop by Negril... oooh weeee!

TGIF Sorry I forgot I was thinking about my future husband;). What does everyone have planned???

Have a great day off to work.:goodvibes

I might need my sunglasses today the sun may come out!:cool1::cool1:

Suppose to storm here in DFW, but DD and I are going to the Drive-in tonight to see three, 3D movies. :cool1:
http://www.galaxydriveintheatre.com/nowshowing/679-fri-may-20
1) Rio
2) PTOC-4
3) Tangled

All for $6 adult, $3 for kids 5-11. So $9 for three movies.
We will be very tired when we get home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter